AVAST finding malicious site. 127.0.0.1

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
that keeps popping up when i go to certain sites, including this one. avast says its blocking the code. i also get it when i go to youtube. anyone know what this is?

127.0.0.1 is a loop back to your own computer.

Here's a thread about that very problem on the Avast forums.
avast.com resolving as 127.0.0.1

I would suggest removing Avast and going with Comodo Internet Security. It's free and I've never had any problems with it.
Antivirus Firewall Software and SSL Certificate - Internet Security Software from Comodo

The Comodo firewall is one of the best out there, unfortunately it's no longer a stand alone as the rest of the suite is sub par in respect to most other AVs available and it doesn't play well with other AVs on your system. However I think you can select only the firewall from the installation menu but if you decide to uninstall it there is no simple way. Either way it's a personal choice.
I've run Avast and Malwarebytes combined on my systems for years without issues, they've even managed to stop a few rather nasty infections that a lot of other AVs don't catch.

My Avast hasn't been popping up such alerts.

Yours didn't get infected, hers did. All the security experts I've read recommend you run at least two anti-virus programs plus a firewall. This is an issue if you're using an older, slower computer so you have to find "lighter" protection in order to double up and not have your system run at a snails pace.
Here you can check out many different programs with both editor and user reviews.

Antivirus Software - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Forum List

Back