Avast- Completely Out of Control, can't disable

Get back to Mail Shield in settings, click 'Customize' then unselect 'scan outgoing mail'.

I'm afraid there is no "customize". Just "Mail Shield" with a checkbox, or or off and neither way works.
Just to the right of the on/off should be a gear symbol. :dunno:

No gear icon, and no on/off, nope.

Actually "on/off" was what I was originally looking for. Had to uncheck "Self-Defense mode" (and that's already in Settings/Troubleshooting). There's no enable/disable option as such.

Avast keeps trying to sell me on Google Chrome. If I were a cynic I'd be inclined to think they're causing other browsers to stop working in order to sell that.
:lol:
They're always trying to sell me their other products but from what I understand if you buy their Premium service you can disable those ads. In the free version you can limit the amount of time the pop up is visible.

Get back to Mail Shield in settings, click 'Customize' then unselect 'scan outgoing mail'.

I'm afraid there is no "customize". Just "Mail Shield" with a checkbox, or or off and neither way works.

Actually "on/off" was what I was originally looking for. Had to uncheck "Self-Defense mode" (and that's already in Settings/Troubleshooting). There's no enable/disable option as such.

Avast keeps trying to sell me on Google Chrome. If I were a cynic I'd be inclined to think they're causing other browsers to stop working in order to sell that.
They're always trying to sell me their other products but from what I understand if you buy their Premium service you can disable those ads. In the free version you can limit the amount of time the pop up is visible.

Yeah you mentioned that a while back. The pop ups aren't often enough to bug me, no pun intended, and I know where to shut them down. This is more like in trying to navigate the Avast blog boards where the Chrome hawking comes up. When I see that shit I don't think "should I do that or not?", I think more like "what do they have to gain from pushing this?"

Yeah you mentioned that a while back. The pop ups aren't often enough to bug me, no pun intended, and I know where to shut them down. This is more like in trying to navigate the Avast blog boards where the Chrome hawking comes up. When I see that shit I don't think "should I do that or not?", I think more like "what do they have to gain from pushing this?"
Never been to the Avast blog boards. What I would probably do is download the latest version, save it in Downloads or Desktop whichever you prefer, uninstall Avast the reinstall it once you've rebooted.

Forum List

Back