Automatic NOT subscribing to a thread.

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Every thread I post in, Im automatically subscribed. I keep forgetting to unclick it when I post. Is there a way to change the automatic in my user panel and if so...where is it located?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

find

Default Thread Subscription Mode When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread. Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode:

select 'do not subscribe'

click 'save changes' at the bottom

• Banned
But I have to do that on each topic I reply on, right? There is no way to make it not automatically subscribe unless I choose to?

I always forget to look when Im replying. Then when I go to my user panel, I have shitloads of threads I have to delete subscriptions too that I havent been back to.

I don't remember how to do it, but I tried not having the automatic subscription thingee to. And there were a ton of threads I posted in that I couldn't remember where I posted and that became frustrating. So I prefer to subscribe automatically and then unsubscribe to the few I don't wish to return to.

You can turn off email notifications though if that is a pain.

• Banned
I have the email notifications turned off, yes. But there is no section for not automatically subscribing with every post. Except in the thread youre posting in. I even went back in to edit to see if I could click it AFTER submitting...but alas, it was not there. So once you post, you have to go to your user panel and unsubscribe from there. :(

If you wish to make posts that no one comments on or replies to, I suggest using the blog section of this forum instead of the message board section.

:thup:

In Your Control Panel Click on Edit Options

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode: Do Not Subscribe.

It might be noted that this feature is a quick way that allows you to see responses to recent post replies you have made...

... a handy feature...

... but you have to go into your User CP to do it.
:cool:

New Topics

Forum List

Back