Automakers grab loans, look to Obama White House

My guess is he does nothing. Unemployment rates are high as hell, and if this will keep them in business for a few more months, I doubt he's going to do anything...if he could anyway. Ditto on "grab" being a loaded term. Considering this bail-out seemed more responsible (salary caps, doing away with corporate perks, etc) than the Wall Street $700B bail-out back in September, did they "grab" loans, too?

My guess is he does nothing. Unemployment rates are high as hell, and if this will keep them in business for a few more months, I doubt he's going to do anything...if he could anyway. Ditto on "grab" being a loaded term. Considering this bail-out seemed more responsible (salary caps, doing away with corporate perks, etc) than the Wall Street $700B bail-out back in September, did they "grab" loans, too?

Darn right they did. That was robbery impure and devious.

Especially since Ford said they didn't need one.

Automakers grab loans, look to Obama White House - Yahoo! News

Title of article,

They didn't accept loans, they grabbed loans.
Words mean things.
But then, evil corporations are always grabbing and stealing things, never employing or paying according to the AP.

Good catch, BB.

Yes there are many ways to say the same thing and the selection of words one uses to describe events often tells the listener more about who you are than about the event itself.

Words can be deadly weapons in the right hands, no doubt about that.

Forum List

Back