Auto Suppliers Can’t Find Enough Engineers as Industry Recovery Takes Hold

R

rdean

What’s more, an unprecedented number of new models are equipped with advanced powertrains and sophisticated electronic systems that require the work of electrical and software engineers, the type of technical specialties that are in high demand worldwide by a variety of industries.

With unemployment rates still painfully high, especially in industrial states such as Michigan, it seems shocking that companies would be struggling to fill jobs, but that is the lament from a wide range of suppliers big and small.

“It’s getting so bad we are having to bring in engineers from overseas, and most of them won’t stay long-term,” says a Detroit-based engineering manager.

Auto Suppliers Can

This is what I've been telling these right wingers. They scream "Obama hasn't created jobs". But what are they qualified for. Every state where Republicans took charge of the state legislature, they've slashed education. Remember, "Education is for snobs". They are destroying the future of their children, not just the country.

This is a serious problem that I began recognizing a couple of years ago. And it's not for a lack of educational opportunities out there for everyone. We seem to have a surplus of uneducatable tards out there that can barely make change at the Taco Bell drive up window.

Cull the herd.

Yet, that failed system is still turning out some of the best college students in the world.

Course, Republicans don't like American colleges either. They indoctrinate kids into science.

They hate universities. Bunch of snobs.

Republicans "cull the herd" for us.

We have truly lost something when companies stopped relying on the idea of the "apprentice" and long term investment in human capital. Every manner of job requires personally funded private trade school.

It makes far more sense to intern, work for the company as some lesser rate while funding the education from the proceeds of working.

The fault of an under supply of engineers is on the backs of the companies. And, it is the problem that I found with engineering in the US. The entire global labor market is competing for engineering positions in the US national market. In the mean time, companies have gone to hiring for one year contracts, eliminating all the extra costs of employment, like medical insurance.

What I found most objectionable was the local technical conglomerate funding the state university programs. It should be clear that they could create a half dozen programs, on contingency of future needs, yielding an oversupply of graduates in any one of a half dozen potential technologies. They create a series of technical schools with the engineering program.

In the end, when the market sorted itself out, they guaranteed a gaggle of engineers in the one specific technology, that they could not predict as being the market winner.

We have truly lost something when companies stopped relying on the idea of the "apprentice" and long term investment in human capital. Every manner of job requires personally funded private trade school.

It makes far more sense to intern, work for the company as some lesser rate while funding the education from the proceeds of working.

The fault of an under supply of engineers is on the backs of the companies. And, it is the problem that I found with engineering in the US. The entire global labor market is competing for engineering positions in the US national market. In the mean time, companies have gone to hiring for one year contracts, eliminating all the extra costs of employment, like medical insurance.

What I found most objectionable was the local technical conglomerate funding the state university programs. It should be clear that they could create a half dozen programs, on contingency of future needs, yielding an oversupply of graduates in any one of a half dozen potential technologies. They create a series of technical schools with the engineering program.

In the end, when the market sorted itself out, they guaranteed a gaggle of engineers in the one specific technology, that they could not predict as being the market winner.

Seriously, there are now libtard colleges in americon offering MBA's in Twitter and Facebook.

Not surprised since those are billion dollar industries. It's called "capitalism".

They're worthless industries. They are just cash cows. They produce nothing I can eat, wear, live in. I can't put what they produce in my pocket or upon a shelf. Hey, can I trade you a dozen Tweets for a dozen eggs?

This shit is what's wrong with America, it doesn't produce and contribute a whole lot these days, not even for their own sustenance. We have to fucking import damn near everything and finance it today because of all these twittards.

Last edited:
Seriously, there are now libtard colleges in americon offering MBA's in Twitter and Facebook.

Not surprised since those are billion dollar industries. It's called "capitalism".

They're worthless industries. They are just cash cows. They produce nothing I can eat, wear, live in. I can't put what they produce in my pocket or upon a shelf. Hey, can I trade you a dozen Tweets for a dozen eggs?

This shit is what's wrong with America, it doesn't produce and contribute a whole lot these days, not even for their own sustenance. We have to fucking import damn near everything and finance it today because of all these twittards.

They produce nothing I can eat, wear, live in.

What are you? A caveman? Think about all the things you can't "eat, wear, or live in". Like books, movies, TV's, basketball games, airplanes, music and on and on.

Life is more than:

Ug EAT.

Ug WEAR.

Ug POOP.

UG!

The fault of an under supply of engineers is on the backs of the companies.

I totally disagree. What we have is a surplus of uneducatable entitlement retards on our hands that can't make change without the assistance of a machine that tells them how much change to return and in many cases now simply dispenses with the dope in the middle as my change now pours out of another machine. The machines have replaced the dopes and that's our unemployed. Remember that VISA commercial that illustrates what happens when you pay with cash and there is a dope in the middle? :lol:

Seriously, you know what I'm talking about, you've seen them, had to deal with them too. YOU can't fix stoopid and unmotivated. Only one thing can: hunger.

Last edited:
The fault of an under supply of engineers is on the backs of the companies.

I totally disagree. What we have is a surplus of uneducatable entitlement retards on our hands that can't make change without the assistance of a machine that tells them how much change to return and in many cases now simply dispenses with the dope in the middle as my change now pours out of another machine. The machines have replaced the dopes and that's our unemployed. Remember that VISA commercial that illustrates what happens when you pay with cash and there is a dope in the middle? :lol:

Seriously, you know what I'm talking about, you've seen them, had to deal with them too. YOU can't fix stoopid and unmotivated. Only one thing can: hunger.

Wow. We've got somebody to challenge Edward for the title of dumbest poster. You've even got your own little set of words you use over and over again ("dope", and any word with "tard" suffixed to it). Can't wait to see you two have a conversation.

Businesses may have to become educators if we run out of import options. However, you still need a willing and trainable human to accomplish that goal, and that still leaves the dopes out in the cold.

If there is anything Obama has been correct about, it was his statement about kiosks and ATMs have left the stoopid with fewer employment options . . worthless, unneeded, unwilling to clean up the dog poop in my back yard for me, LOL.

What’s more, an unprecedented number of new models are equipped with advanced powertrains and sophisticated electronic systems that require the work of electrical and software engineers, the type of technical specialties that are in high demand worldwide by a variety of industries.

With unemployment rates still painfully high, especially in industrial states such as Michigan, it seems shocking that companies would be struggling to fill jobs, but that is the lament from a wide range of suppliers big and small.

“It’s getting so bad we are having to bring in engineers from overseas, and most of them won’t stay long-term,” says a Detroit-based engineering manager.

Auto Suppliers Can

This is what I've been telling these right wingers. They scream "Obama hasn't created jobs". But what are they qualified for. Every state where Republicans took charge of the state legislature, they've slashed education. Remember, "Education is for snobs". They are destroying the future of their children, not just the country.

What about all the people who live in Detroit that went to public schools?

An indictment of the public education system if ever there was. The teachers Unions are failing our kids, and blaming everyone else. Thanks for bringing this to our attention Retardean! Maybe you weren't dropped on your head, but educated in a public school?

Either way, you are still a fucking retard...:lol:

Yet, that failed system is still turning out some of the best college students in the world.

Course, Republicans don't like American colleges either. They indoctrinate kids into science.

They hate universities. Bunch of snobs.

Republicans "cull the herd" for us.

If public schools produce the best college students in the world why can't the automakers find engineers? Could it be because you are so full of shit you think bad is good?

Forum List

Back