Auto sales up

“The automakers are sending the consumer buying signals right now,” Jessica Caldwell, an analyst for researcher Edmunds.com, said yesterday in a conference call.
What the f*ck does that mean? Auto makers are telling consumers to buy? :confused:

Consumers spent a record $52.4 billion during the holiday weekend, excluding autos, according to the National Retail Federation. General Motors Co. (GM) put a Santa Claus look-a-like in its “Chevy’s Giving More” ads, while Honda Motor Co. wished buyers “Happy Honda Days” with zero due at lease signing, enticing buyers who have deferred auto purchases.

“The automakers are sending the consumer buying signals right now,” Jessica Caldwell, an analyst for researcher Edmunds.com, said yesterday in a conference call. “The year-end sales, Thanksgiving sales, Black Friday sales, holiday sales, whatever it is, there’s some sort of sale out there. It makes sense for consumers that if now is the time to buy something, from jewelry, to a flat-screen TV, it must also be a good time to get a deal on a car, too.”

U.S. Car Sales Are Best Since

spending on that credit card I see a million bankruptices coming down the pike. cause we all know that just because people buy shit don't for a moment mean they can afford the shit they buy.. meanwhile the un employment is still at 9% gas is high food is high. energy is high medical care costs are skyrocketing and our home values are down.. that spells inflation to me.. but you keep on believing it's getting better ya hear? and we'll keep :lol: at ewe.

They're hoping the "obama cash" comes through and pays their credit card off too.

Less debt, more confidence, better auto sales, dow moving in the right direction.

its starting to happen again.

promise you wont sabotage it again like you did this past summer?

you will hear the truth wether you want to or not when you come here

you will hear the truth wether you want to or not when you come here

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know it's true when Political Chic posts it. I know it's a dumb assed fallacy when ewe post it..

so are we better off than we were four years ago or knot?? tell us the sictruth whydonchya?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Less debt, more confidence, better auto sales, dow moving in the right direction.

its starting to happen again.

promise you wont sabotage it again like you did this past summer?
Americans were borrowing at record levels when the economy was smoking during the Bush administration. The savings rate was negative! Only now have savings rates returned to positive territory, like the highest since WWII I think.

Less debt means Americans are not spending, but paying off debt. I myself paid off 16K in credit card debt but that doesn't mean I went out and bought a new car with that freed up money. In fact I'm investing in Gold and Silver because I don't know when the Fed is gonna' stop printing money and loaning it to foreign banks so they can play the Stock Market with it. It seems to me most Americans are doing the same.

The days of easy credit are gone and the consumer spending binge of the last 20-30 years is done!

Whatcha' gonna' replace it with? Low paying NAFTA jobs? That's what our economy is turning into. We have a strong Military and the Dollar as the Reserve Currency. Those are the only things propping us up, keeping us afloat!

Bad News: Have you seen what's been happening to the Dollar? It's being replaced as the World Reserve Currency and pretty soon all we'll have as a country is a Massive Military Industrial Complex.

How do you think THAT'S gonna' work out for us Politically?

doomsayer.

America is still top and we are begining to crank it up now.

this is bad news for republicans since they are invested in america failing........

Pretty much.

its why the pulled the debt ceiling stunt in the summer.

The numbers were starting to look good back then too and then they threatened to crash the world economy again if they didnt get what THEY wanted.

pretty evil shit for the minority to do.

Forum List

Back