Auto sales up 13.9%

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Add automobiles to the watches, video games, cashmere sweaters and the rest on the list of goods selling briskly in the days following Thanksgiving. It seems car buyers caught Black Friday fever this year.

Galpin Ford, the nation's largest Ford dealership, sold 140 new vehicles on the Friday after Thanksgiving, a single-day sales record for the San Fernando Valley franchise.

"It was surprising for all of us," said Beau Boeckmann, Galpin's vice president. "I don't think we expected that November would be the biggest car month since 'cash for clunkers' two years ago. Our November sales will be 50% above last year."

A rush of shoppers helped the auto industry post an annual U.S. sales rate of 13.6 million vehicles in November, the best this year and the strongest since August 2009, when the federal cash-for-clunkers economic stimulus program was in effect.

The industry posted sales of 1 million in November, up 13.9% from a year earlier, according to automaker statistics released Thursday and compiled by Autodata Corp.

Auto sales soar in November - latimes.com

Obama eliminated choice by smashing used cars...

Another reason why hes an asshole...

He smashed used cars to stimulate demand for NEW UAW MADE CARS....

The nut takes over GM and then starts smashing cars???

Now auto sales are up...

I suppose that happens when you limit supply in a supply and demand system/economy/model..

Last edited:
Retail sales up 16%

Home sales up 10%

Auto sales up 13.9%

The stock market up 500 points.

Bad news for Republicans. I don't blame you for being bitter.

Last edited:
Retail sales up 16%

Home sales up 10%

Auto sales up 13.9%

Bad news for Republicans. I don't blame you for being bitter.

Yeah buying a home that was appraised for 270,000 for 160,000 helps the economy. I was blocked from buying homes.... now all of a sudden people can buy homes?

My family wanted to buy property with cash - they were refused .... no low income goes to low income.....

Maybe we should try again.... We own 8

Auto sales are up because he smashed used autos....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back