Auto-Industry Planning New Wave of Hiring

Jun 9, 2012
No-Neg-Rep Town, USA
Bullish U.S. Auto Industry Plans New Hiring

“We are hearing from U.S. automakers that they are poised for growth, but are struggling with their ability to find the right people with the right technical skill sets for jobs they are looking to fill,” Gary Silberg, KPMG’s national automotive industry leader, said. “This is becoming an increasing cause for concern, not just for auto companies, but for many companies in the manufacturing sector.”

So, yeah, I guess "let Detroit go bankrupt" can fuck right off, huh? Also, note the bold.

Gee, think maybe it'd be a good idea to sink some money to training people for these jobs...like some kind of government help to get people trained to take all these jobs and get production back into the economy?

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

“We are hearing from U.S. automakers that they are poised for growth, but are struggling with their ability to find the right people with the right technical skill sets for jobs they are looking to fill,” Gary Silberg, KPMG’s national automotive industry leader, said. “This is becoming an increasing cause for concern, not just for auto companies, but for many companies in the manufacturing sector.”

So, yeah, I guess "let Detroit go bankrupt" can fuck right off, huh? Also, note the bold.

Gee, think maybe it'd be a good idea to sink some money to training people for these jobs...like some kind of government help to get people trained to take all these jobs and get production back into the economy?

Let the fucking car companies train their own employees why the fuck should we have to pay for that too?

• Banned

Let the fucking car companies train their own employees why the fuck should we have to pay for that too?

Exactly. Why invest in our future?

Yeah been an ad on the radio here about Toyota in Georgetown, KY hiring temps thru Kelly Services....
Good benefits no doubt ;)

I wonder how long it will last since they can not make the sales without subprime loans being the primary finance vehicle.

I wonder how long it will last since they can not make the sales without subprime loans being the primary finance vehicle.
so you are saying that Americans cannot afford to buy new cars unless subsidized by low interest rates?

As long as they do all the hiring without government tax dollars I am cool with that and glad for them. But if it is a tax payer funded hiring spree, then it is nothing more than crony capitalism and an auto industry being propped up by tax payers. I am sure Obama will spin it either way, and those on the left will take the bait as usual.

Exactly. Why invest in our future?

Sorry but an auto company is NOT my future.

I have never bought a new car and I never will. it's a suckers purchase.

Doesn't matter what I think, it matters what potential investors think. If you're so damn sure Detroit's future is bright, then by all means, invest. If you have to force others to invest, it's probably not the sunshine and rainbows you think it is.

so you are saying that Americans cannot afford to buy new cars unless subsidized by low interest rates?

It could be viewed that way. I cant say with any certainty why most of the sales are sub prime loans.

I guess the half price sale at the end of last year didnt generate enough sales..........

It is almost amusing how willing you are to take other people's money and give it to the government to spend for them. That seems to be your answer for everything.

Speaking of gangstas, I bet Detroit is swamped with high school dropouts. No wonder the car companies can't find any talent.

If you want a job that pays, then it is incumbent upon you to acquire that training yourself. Stay in school.

Our primary and secondary schools, as I have said countless times, need to start educating our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday. The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your daddy are long gone.

The days of making bad decisions and then expecting the government to hand you a job and all the training you need at others' expense are just about over, too.

I think all the Tea Baggers are (not surprisingly) missing the point:

I thought the economy was in the shit house and Obama was bad for business? And yet, here's a titan of the American economy telling us they're set to go on a hiring spree.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It is almost amusing how willing you are to take other people's money and give it to the government to spend for them. That seems to be your answer for everything.

Speaking of gangstas, I bet Detroit is swamped with high school dropouts. No wonder the car companies can't find any talent.

If you want a job that pays, then it is incumbent upon you to acquire that training yourself. Stay in school.

Our primary and secondary schools, as I have said countless times, need to start educating our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday. The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your daddy are long gone.

The days of making bad decisions and then expecting the government to hand you a job and all the training you need at others' expense are just about over, too.

You, like a lot of Conservatives, are intellectually dishonest to a level of sheer brilliance. What do you call the Defense industry, g5000? They take my tax dollars and build bombs, guns, tanks, jets and other implements of death. I don't like that. But yet I have no choice. So why don't you quit with the "Boy, you sure are good at spending other people's money" bullshit. Your side has been doing it since the Cold War build up. It's called the Industrial Military Complex.

As for education, I couldn't agree more. We should be training our kids on new energy sources, and on new technologies. We should be encouraging science and math education, of course.

What do you think we spend more on: Corporate Welfare or "traditional" Welfare? Do we have to keep subsidizing the bad decisions of Corporations too?

Maybe this time the jobs will be in America instead of China?

China has built auto plants in the USA and uses Americam workers.

Oops, my bad. I thought this thread was about American auto companies.......wait....

Yeah, you're an idiot.

So those plants, built in America, don't employ Americans? Those Americans don't work and get paid in American dollars, and are therefore taxed in America? Do they not spend their money in America?

You, my friend, are a jingoistic, nationalist fuckhead.

Forum List

Back