Auto Industry is at all time low and investors think that is good.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Auto Industry is at all time low and investors think that is good.

Ford, Chrysler, Honda, GMC et all are experiencing sales down more than 40% from last year. People madly started buying the auto companies when they reported that March total sales were up about 1 to 2% over February.

That is funny as hell! When I heard that, I almost pissed my pants I was laughing so hard.

Has anybody counted the number of days in February (28) and then compared that to March (31).

When sales per day are tabulated, March was a worse month than February.

How could people be so damned stupid? Buy, Buy, Buy those auto stocks. Meanwhile the mutual funds were offloading their positions in auto companies as the idiotic fools were buying.

Shit!

Does that mean I wasted my money on Packard stock?

Damn!

I knew I should have jumped on on Stanley Steamer when it was cheap.

Thank GOD I got into American motors early on

It is at least two years and perhaps four away from a true bull market so unless you've got the time and energy to buy and sell stocks almost hourly in order to make a minimal profit, this isn't a good time to get into the market. I think the real estate market is about another six months away from bottoming out as well so this probably isn't good time to invest in that market. If you already have stock sit on it. No point in capitalizing losses you don't have too. There are of course exceptions. Chrysler I'd sell. Ford I'd hang on to. I'd buy neither at this point.

GM stock is worth $0. Chrysler stock is worth $0. Ford might be worth more than $0.

But it is easy to understand why stocks went up - they went up in sympathy with the rest of the market as the market prices in the end of the recession.

The recession hasn't ended. Don't kid your self. We've got a ways to go before we ever see good times again. We've got another bull trap in process right now and it's based on air.

Almost 800,000 layoffs in March?

I don't know about the market.

It seems to live in an economic environment which is bearly related to the American economy, but I do not think we're even close to that bottom of the economic cycle, yet.

As to real estate?

I don't think that's bottomed either. Not at least in those areas where the real estate market had gone completely crazy.

It may have bottomed in those places where there hadn't been such enormous price increases to begin with, though.

There are damned few foreclosures in this neck of the woods, for example, even though Maine's economy has never been very good.

In fact, that's probably why there isn't a huge amount of foreclosures and price decreases hereabout.

Forum List

Back