Autistic Boy Faces Felony Rap for Stick-Figure Sketch

it seems to me that whenever something like this happens it happens in either texas or georgia. i wonder why that is?

last year, a judge in paris, texas sentenced a retarded teenager to over 100 years for a sex crime with a six year old that may not have been any more than improper touching that two six year olds might do without thinking anything more of it.

it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

in the texas case, the defense lawyer had a problem with getting acquittal on an insanity plea because the wording of the legal criteria did not allow for diminished capacity due to retardation.

Zero tolerance is fucking ridiculous, especially in this instance. Wth is wrong with people??

"I think that there needs to be some sort of common sense used with these school systems that a 14-year-old autistic boy who does not understand what he's done or what he's drawn, who has an IQ of 75, should not be charged with a felony," Finn told Fox News. "I find it appalling. It's outrageous."

Yep, 'nuff said.

Zero tolerance is fucking ridiculous, especially in this instance. Wth is wrong with people??

"I think that there needs to be some sort of common sense used with these school systems that a 14-year-old autistic boy who does not understand what he's done or what he's drawn, who has an IQ of 75, should not be charged with a felony," Finn told Fox News. "I find it appalling. It's outrageous."

Yep, 'nuff said.

Yep. These fuckers are control freaks.

It looks like this picture was drawn at the top of a school paper that was handed in to the teacher.
If the kid is smart enough to draw something like this then he ain't so dumb. :eek:

I'm OK with it.

There is no doubt what his intentions are. He may have the mental capacity of a third grader but that doesn't mean he is not capable of carrying out his threat.

Kid needs to be watched

Another zero tolerance gone amok in schools story. School officials have lost the ability to problem solve and use powers of discernment. They now only can blindly follow blanket policies, and common sense is a relic of yesteryear.

In my day this would have spurred a call home and a trip to the counselor's office.

Another zero tolerance gone amok in schools story. School officials have lost the ability to problem solve and use powers of discernment. They now only can blindly follow blanket policies, and common sense is a relic of yesteryear.

In my day this would have spurred a call home and a trip to the counselor's office.

So you want a zero tolerance that is just for some, and not all.

Forum List

Back