Autism up 1,000% in forty years

The definition has changed making it easier and easier to label people with a mental disorder.

The goal here is to eventually diagnose everyone with something

That's what I hear on talk radio commercials. What happened since Reagan?

Would think most of why it seems to be up is due more to how it's defined. Broaden the definition and you naturally get more with it. Similarly, when you better define it, you'll find it more often than you did previously too. Without knowing if these kinds of explanations were addressed, I wouldn't put any stock in such claims. Unless something has a confirmed enviromental cause, it's improbale at best any condition could spontaneously evolve to afflict so many more people.

Got an autistic teenager here. Forgot to close my bedroom window for a nap, and like clockwork his Mom brought him to the pool. His usually subdued grunting and primal scream therapy-lke vocalizations seem to have been exaccerbated today because the pool's packed.

Way I cope is 'better out there now, then later this evening when his Mom tries putting him to bed.' Brought her a plate of cookies yesterday having overheard heard a couple weeks back calling someone a snob when her son was hollering at her and she didn't acknowledge it. She's making the best out of an unfortunate situation. Not her fault, not her son's fault, it's not anyone's fault. Just random chance messing with people. Great quote summing this up,

"Babylon 5: A Late Delivery from Avalon (#3.13)" (1996)
Marcus Cole: I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.

No offence intended to the parents of true autistic children but if you expand the definition of autism you expand the funding. God help the poor kids who might be dyslexic or even left handed and are tagged with a life long label of "autistic".

The definition has changed making it easier and easier to label people with a mental disorder.

Psychiatry goes insane Every human emotion now classified as a mental disorder in new psychiatric manual DSM-5 - NaturalNews.com

The industry of modern psychiatry has officially gone insane. Virtually every emotion experienced by a human being -- sadness, grief, anxiety, frustration, impatience, excitement -- is now being classified as a "mental disorder" demanding chemical treatment (with prescription medications, of course).

The new, upcoming DSM-5 "psychiatry bible," expected to be released in a few months, has transformed itself from a medical reference manual to a testament to the insanity of the industry itself.

"Mental disorders" named in the DSM-5 include "General Anxiety Disorder" or GAD for short. GAD can be diagnosed in a person who feels a little anxious doing something like, say, talking to a psychiatrist. Thus, the mere act of a psychiatrist engaging in the possibility of making a diagnoses causes the "symptoms" of that diagnoses to magically appear.

This is called quack science and circular reasoning, yet it's indicative of the entire industry of psychiatry which has become such a laughing stock among scientific circles that even the science skeptics are starting to turn their backs in disgust. Psychiatry is no more "scientific" than astrology or palm reading, yet its practitioners call themselves "doctors" of psychiatry in order to try to make quackery sound credible

Here's how modern psychiatry really operates: A bunch of self-important, overpaid intellectuals who want to make more money invent a fabricated disease that I'll call "Hoogala Boogala Disorder" or HBD.

By a show of hands, they then vote into existence whatever "symptoms" they wish to associated with Hoogala Boogala Disorder. In this case, the symptoms might be spontaneous singing or wanting to pick your nose from time to time.

They then convince teachers, journalists and government regulators that Hoogala Boogala Disorder is real -- and more importantly that millions of children suffer from it! It wouldn't be compassionate not to offer all those children treatment, would it?

Thus begins the call for "treatment" for a completely fabricated disease. From there, it's a cinch to get Big Pharma to fabricate whatever scientific data they need in order to "prove" that speed, amphetamines, pharmaceutical crack or whatever poison they want to sell "reduces the risk of Hoogala Boogala Disorder."

Serious-sounding psychiatrists -- who are all laughing their asses off in the back room -- then "diagnose" children with Hoogala Boogala Disorder and "prescribe" the prescription drugs that claim to treat it. For this action, these psychiatrists -- who are, let's just admit it, dangerous child predators -- earn financial kickbacks from Big Pharma.

In order to maximize their kickbacks and Big Pharma freebies, groups of these psychiatrists get together every few years and invent more fictitious disorders, expanding their fictional tome called the DSM.

The DSM is now larger than ever, and it includes disorders such as "Obedience Defiance Disorder" (ODD), defined as refusing to lick boots and follow false authority. Rapists who feel sexual arousal during their raping activities are given the excuse that they have "Paraphilic coercive disorder" and therefore are not responsible for their actions. (But they will need medication, of course!)

You can also get diagnosed with "Hoarding Disorder" if you happen to stockpile food, water and ammunition, among other things. Yep, being prepared for possible natural disasters now makes you a mental patient in the eyes of modern psychiatry (and the government, too).

Allen Frances chaired the DSM-IV that was released in 1994. He now admits it was a huge mistake that has resulted in the mass overdiagnosis of people who are actually quite normal. The DSM-IV "...inadvertently contributed to three false epidemics -- attention deficit disorder, autism and childhood bipolar disorder," writes Allen in an LA Times opinion piece.

Parents want that "crazy check" from the government. The child can get SSI if they are "disabled" so the parents say the child has autism. They coach the child as to how to behave.

Did you see the lady who is now in prison for trying to kill herself and her autistic daughter. When I first heard the story, I thought, what a horrible woman. But, then I saw her story on Dr. Phil. This daughter has been literally pummeling mom into unconsciousness day after day. And, this daughter is beating her younger sister siblings as well. I think mom tried everything she could do and just got to the end of her rope. Sad.

That's what I hear on talk radio commercials. What happened since Reagan?

More and more kids being babysat by TV, ipads, video games and smartphones instead of being outside playing with human children.

Yes, when I grew up, nobody thought there were pedophiles lurking in every corner. IT's a different time. And, if you send your kids out to play by themselves, then you get arrested.

Yes, when I grew up, nobody thought there were pedophiles lurking in every corner. IT's a different time. And, if you send your kids out to play by themselves, then you get arrested.

Isn't that sad....

Everything is a disease now, even disorders. I hear there's a magical pill for every one of them.

Parents want that "crazy check" from the government. The child can get SSI if they are "disabled" so the parents say the child has autism. They coach the child as to how to behave.

What kind of world do you live in? Everyone in your world, it seems, is just out for themselves - no one but white Christians hold to any principle or moral standard in the face of any cheap, base opportunism. Pedophiles, Muslims, atheists, communists, racial minorities, and demons are encroaching on your home and family. The government is looking for any excuse to put you in a concentration camp.

I think you must be collecting a "crazy check".

Read this and stop being such a fearful, pessimistic, unhappy person: The Rational Optimist How Prosperity Evolves P.S. Matt Ridley 9780061452062 Amazon.com Books

Forum List

Back