Australian Temperature Shenanigans

Blah, blagh, blog. Let us know when you have some balanced info to show us. :eusa_hand:

How do true believers like yourself dismiss stories like this konradv? You say it is unbalanced but how do YOU explain it?

I am not into conspiracy theories but global warming is looking shakier all the time. I would like the AGW side to explain to the public how raw data over 100 years that shows a decrease in temperature gets 'corrected' until it magically shows an increase.

from westwall's link-
The largest adjustments to the raw records are cooling ones in the middle of last century. So 50 years after the measurements were recorded, officials realized they were artificially too high? Hopefully someone who knows can explain why so many thermometers were overestimating temperatures in the first half of the 1900’s.

50 years later?

…

The raw Australian urban temperature records are in blue. The adjusted records in red. Note that temperatures in the middle of last century appear to be adjusted downwards. These are the annual average recordings for all 34 sites.

Similar 'adjustments' are being made to north american data as well. Why do the adjustments almost always show an increase in the rate of warming?

Personally I think there has been warming since we came out of the Little Ice Age, and I think human emissions like CO2 have slightly increased the warming, but I am getting concerned that seemingly every time someone outside of the climate science cabal investigates how climate science is being done, the results show a sloppy, secretive and exaggerated bias towards AGW.

Blah, blagh, blog. Let us know when you have some balanced info to show us. :eusa_hand:

How do true believers like yourself dismiss stories like this konradv? You say it is unbalanced but how do YOU explain it?

I am not into conspiracy theories but global warming is looking shakier all the time. I would like the AGW side to explain to the public how raw data over 100 years that shows a decrease in temperature gets 'corrected' until it magically shows an increase.

from westwall's link-
The largest adjustments to the raw records are cooling ones in the middle of last century. So 50 years after the measurements were recorded, officials realized they were artificially too high? Hopefully someone who knows can explain why so many thermometers were overestimating temperatures in the first half of the 1900’s.

50 years later?

…

The raw Australian urban temperature records are in blue. The adjusted records in red. Note that temperatures in the middle of last century appear to be adjusted downwards. These are the annual average recordings for all 34 sites.

Similar 'adjustments' are being made to north american data as well. Why do the adjustments almost always show an increase in the rate of warming?

Personally I think there has been warming since we came out of the Little Ice Age, and I think human emissions like CO2 have slightly increased the warming, but I am getting concerned that seemingly every time someone outside of the climate science cabal investigates how climate science is being done, the results show a sloppy, secretive and exaggerated bias towards AGW.

No longer sloppy and inept Ian. There is far too much evidence showing a concerted effort to change the historical record...and they are doing it for money and power. That makes what they are doing fraud.

All the Scientific Societies in the world, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major universities in the world are in on this conspiracy. Quick, drive the stakes, bring the staves, and burn a bunch of scientists to end this heresy against the diety of Conservatism, Mammon.

All the Scientific Societies in the world, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major universities in the world are in on this conspiracy. Quick, drive the stakes, bring the staves, and burn a bunch of scientists to end this heresy against the diety of Conservatism, Mammon.

All the scientific societies in the world also said we would never fly, not reach the moon, etc. etc. etc. As Einstein stated "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Seems he wasn't too concerned with what the scientific societies of his day had to say either.

Forum List

Back