Australia Moves Quickly to Outlaw Same-Sex 'Marriage'

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Australia Moves Quickly to Outlaw Same-Sex 'Marriage'
By Patrick Goodenough
CNSNews.com Pacific Rim Bureau Chief
May 28, 2004

Pacific Rim Bureau (CNSNews.com) - Pre-empting moves by homosexuals to have their foreign "marriages" recognized under Australian law, Prime Minister John Howard has introduced legislation banning same-sex marriage as well as preventing same-sex couples from adopting children abroad.

The marriage ban is likely to pass easily and quickly into law, as the opposition Labor Party said it would support the legislation in the federal parliament. Labor was still considering its position on the adoption measure.

Howard told a commercial radio station Friday that the move was not intended to offend anyone, "but I equally don't apologize for wanting to put into the law the simple proposition that a marriage is a union between a man and a woman - hopefully for life."

Full Story

Excellent move on Australia's part. Seems they have less beuraecracy to maneuver through. Just a matter of time until the election is over and then Bush can get down to business with the federal ban on queer marriage.

I wonder how Prime Minister John Howard is being portrayed by the Australian media on this issue? Is he a right wing conservative religious zealot that should have his regime removed from office?

I don't know, interesting question. Don't know much about their media but if their media is anything like ours he is being smeared all over tv and print as a homophobe and hatemonger.

Originally posted by OCA
Excellent move on Australia's part. Seems they have less beuraecracy to maneuver through. Just a matter of time until the election is over and then Bush can get down to business with the federal ban on queer marriage.

bueracracy? you mean little things like the constitution and bill of rights I assume.

Makes me wonder what the hell they're doing in Australia. First they legislate a nation wide gun ban and destroy all the fire arms and violent crimes sky rocket. Then they turn around and act like they know right from wrong and ban queer marriage. WTF.

Originally posted by dilloduck
bueracracy? you mean little things like the constitution and bill of rights I assume.

Get your head out of your ass Melvin! Banning gay marriage violates no constitutional right of any citizen of this country. Nice try, better luck next time. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by OCA

I thought the federal government controlling marriage and telling people what they can do in their life was unconstutional? Oh'yess, I forgot!!! You make shit up and you choose what is or isn't. lol Silly me.

Wow first Bermuda now Australia...

:lol:

Are you really this dumb, or is this some new form of trolling I haven't seen before?
holy-thread-resurrection-batman.jpg

It should be a banning offense to resurect threads this old for no purpose. For all I know the Prime Minister of Australia is married to a fellow dude today.

It should be a banning offense to resurect threads this old for no purpose. For all I know the Prime Minister of Australia is married to a fellow dude today.

In fact, less than two months ago, Australia held a nation-wide referendum where the vote was heavily in favour of the legalisation. In December of 2017 the Australian Parliament amended legislation to legitimise same-sex marriage.

Forum List

Back