Australia is one of the most gorgeous countries in resettling refugees

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Imagine you are listening in on a vox pop being conducted in a busy shopping mall by a local radio station. The question is this: “Is Australia one of the three most generous countries in the world in accepting refugees for permanent resettlement?” How many do you think will answer “yes”? Not many, if any.

The problem is ''yes'' is the right answer. We are always in the top three, on straight numbers, along with the United States and Canada. If you calculate it by per capita and GDP, we are sometimes number one.

Loa

Not many countries set aside a specific part of their immigration program for refugees. We do and yet are often lectured by those who take none.

Think we're tough on refugees? That's fake news

Imagine you are listening in on a vox pop being conducted in a busy shopping mall by a local radio station. The question is this: “Is Australia one of the three most generous countries in the world in accepting refugees for permanent resettlement?” How many do you think will answer “yes”? Not many, if any.

The problem is ''yes'' is the right answer. We are always in the top three, on straight numbers, along with the United States and Canada. If you calculate it by per capita and GDP, we are sometimes number one.

Loa

Not many countries set aside a specific part of their immigration program for refugees. We do and yet are often lectured by those who take none.

I never been to Australia but can immigrate there if I bring 100 thousand USD. If I ever immigrate to Australia, I would choose Perth and marry a native born and learn the language.

Loa

I never been to Australia but can immigrate there if I bring 100 thousand USD. If I ever immigrate to Australia, I would choose Perth and marry a native born and learn the language.

I know that red roos are bad and grey roos are good.

Loa

I know that red roos are bad and grey roos are good.

Qantas can take me there and Qantas is the only word in the English language that does not have a u behind the q. What's up with that!

Loa

Obviously, I am not an immigration expert on Australian policy.

I will say that the movie "Chasing Asylum" and a BBC documentary about the same, suggested that off-shore detention centers, and forced relocation programs, didn't show the kind of 'generous' policy that you claim.

Additionally, the fact they intentionally stepped up boat patrols to turn back boats before they get close enough to land to ask for Asylum, suggests that they are not nearly as welcoming as you think.

Lastly, there is a huge difference between what polices claim, and what policies do. You may have XXXX as your official policies. That doesn't mean that is what happens in practice. Last I read, people were held in off-shore detentions for as long as 3 years. I'm sorry, but being held for years in off-shore detention facilities is not, a wonderful asylum program, no matter what your supposed policy is.

Now I will grant you that the documentaries I've seen, are from more than a year ago at least. And I am not an expert on anything.

So maybe it's different now, but I doubt it.

Loa

Obviously, I am not an immigration expert on Australian policy.

I will say that the movie "Chasing Asylum" and a BBC documentary about the same, suggested that off-shore detention centers, and forced relocation programs, didn't show the kind of 'generous' policy that you claim.

Additionally, the fact they intentionally stepped up boat patrols to turn back boats before they get close enough to land to ask for Asylum, suggests that they are not nearly as welcoming as you think.

Lastly, there is a huge difference between what polices claim, and what policies do. You may have XXXX as your official policies. That doesn't mean that is what happens in practice. Last I read, people were held in off-shore detentions for as long as 3 years. I'm sorry, but being held for years in off-shore detention facilities is not, a wonderful asylum program, no matter what your supposed policy is.

Now I will grant you that the documentaries I've seen, are from more than a year ago at least. And I am not an expert on anything.

So maybe it's different now, but I doubt it.[/QUOTE

Aussies suffer brain damage, aka degenerate matter.

Aussies suffer brain damage from eating roo meat. Mad Cow disease, perhaps.

Since the 1990s, Australia has followed a policy of mandatory detention for unauthorized refugees coming to Australia. This detention can go on for years and if they cannot prove themselves to be legitimate refugees, they are deported.

Baxtersign.jpg

Forum List

Back