Australia expels Israeli diplomat

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by tommywho70x, May 25, 2010.

1. tommywho70x

tommywho70x BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    does this make the australian government anti-semitic or are they just pissed off that the israelis forged their documents to use in an assassination?

Australia expels Israeli diplomat
    Big News Network.com Monday 24th May, 2010

Australia has expelled an official from the Israeli embassy, after finding that faked Australian passports were linked to the killing of a Hamas operative in Dubai.
    Australia has expelled an official from the Israeli embassy, after finding that faked Australian passports were linked to the killing of a Hamas operative in Dubai.

In announcing the decision, Australian Foreign Minister Stephen Smith said Australia remained a "firm friend" of Israel, but the government could not accept the complicity of the Jewish state in the passport operation.

He said that no government would tolerate the abuse of its passports and called for the immediate withdrawal of a member of the Israeli embassy in Canberra.

An investigation into the use of four Australian passports by the team that carried out the January killing of Hamas operative Mahmud al-Mabhuh, found the documents were forgeries.

The high quality of the forged passports pointed to the involvement of the Israeli state intelligence service.

Mr Smith said it was not the first time that Israel had misused Australian passports, saying it was not what was expected of a friendly nation.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry espressed disappointment over the Australian decision, saying it was not in line with the nature and importance of the relationship between the two nations.

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    looking forward to you posting a thread taking pals to task.

3. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,331
    As far as I know, Palestine is not a nation....or seperate state. Expectations are a bit different.

4. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,725
    :rofl:

Even Jillybean cannot bring herself to defend the actions of the Israelis on this one. Instead she throws out some lame jab at the messenger for not starting enough threads reviling Israel's enemy. That ought to tell you something right there. :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. tommywho70x

tommywho70x BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    i haven't once posted anything in support of the way the palestinian arabs act toward israel.

i am opposed to warfare in all its forms and in the case of the palestinian arabs vs. the palestinian jews, neither side is blameless.

the palestinians are not my kin. the israelis are. so you are likely to see me exposing their naughty behavior a lot quicker than the palestinian's.

6. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    yep. after this, israel became fair game to any country wanting to enforce international laws

7. CMike

CMike Zionist, proud to be

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,408
    :clap2: for Israel for getting rid of a terrorist leader.

8. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    you also haven't posted anything opposing their terror tactics either.

i'm not opposed to warfare when it keeps people alive. there are battles worth fighting. and taking out people who fire over 3,000 missiles at you while claiming they are abiding by a 'ceasefire' is one of them.

you want to discuss blameless? ask yourself ... if the pals stopped fighting, would israel? the answer is yes.

and if israel stop fighting, would the pals? the answer is no.

so saying you're opposed to 'all war' is a facile response.

9. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    Maybe this one has been argued to DEATH!!! Could that be it. This was a very sloppy assassination of a man who many wanted to assassinate. Israel has some of the best and most careful assassins in the world. Lastly there is no proof they did it. In fact, by the share sloppiness of the assassination it points to them not doing it!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    i rarely discuss this issue, manifred...

it's like teaching pigs to talk.

and yes, i do look at when someone posts criticisms of both sides.

as for israel's actions here. frankly, i don't know enough about this to comment.