Australia expels Israeli diplomat

tommywho70x

Rookie
Apr 15, 2010
does this make the australian government anti-semitic or are they just pissed off that the israelis forged their documents to use in an assassination?

Big News Network.com Monday 24th May, 2010

Australia has expelled an official from the Israeli embassy, after finding that faked Australian passports were linked to the killing of a Hamas operative in Dubai.
Australia has expelled an official from the Israeli embassy, after finding that faked Australian passports were linked to the killing of a Hamas operative in Dubai.

In announcing the decision, Australian Foreign Minister Stephen Smith said Australia remained a "firm friend" of Israel, but the government could not accept the complicity of the Jewish state in the passport operation.

He said that no government would tolerate the abuse of its passports and called for the immediate withdrawal of a member of the Israeli embassy in Canberra.

An investigation into the use of four Australian passports by the team that carried out the January killing of Hamas operative Mahmud al-Mabhuh, found the documents were forgeries.

The high quality of the forged passports pointed to the involvement of the Israeli state intelligence service.

Mr Smith said it was not the first time that Israel had misused Australian passports, saying it was not what was expected of a friendly nation.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry espressed disappointment over the Australian decision, saying it was not in line with the nature and importance of the relationship between the two nations.

As far as I know, Palestine is not a nation....or seperate state. Expectations are a bit different.

:rofl:

Even Jillybean cannot bring herself to defend the actions of the Israelis on this one. Instead she throws out some lame jab at the messenger for not starting enough threads reviling Israel's enemy. That ought to tell you something right there. :lol:

• Banned
looking forward to you posting a thread taking pals to task.

i haven't once posted anything in support of the way the palestinian arabs act toward israel.

i am opposed to warfare in all its forms and in the case of the palestinian arabs vs. the palestinian jews, neither side is blameless.

the palestinians are not my kin. the israelis are. so you are likely to see me exposing their naughty behavior a lot quicker than the palestinian's.

yep. after this, israel became fair game to any country wanting to enforce international laws

:clap2: for Israel for getting rid of a terrorist leader.

i haven't once posted anything in support of the way the palestinian arabs act toward israel.

i am opposed to warfare in all its forms and in the case of the palestinian arabs vs. the palestinian jews, neither side is blameless.

the palestinians are not my kin. the israelis are. so you are likely to see me exposing their naughty behavior a lot quicker than the palestinian's.

you also haven't posted anything opposing their terror tactics either.

i'm not opposed to warfare when it keeps people alive. there are battles worth fighting. and taking out people who fire over 3,000 missiles at you while claiming they are abiding by a 'ceasefire' is one of them.

you want to discuss blameless? ask yourself ... if the pals stopped fighting, would israel? the answer is yes.

and if israel stop fighting, would the pals? the answer is no.

so saying you're opposed to 'all war' is a facile response.

Even Jillybean cannot bring herself to defend the actions of the Israelis on this one. Instead she throws out some lame jab at the messenger for not starting enough threads reviling Israel's enemy. That ought to tell you something right there. :lol:

Maybe this one has been argued to DEATH!!! Could that be it. This was a very sloppy assassination of a man who many wanted to assassinate. Israel has some of the best and most careful assassins in the world. Lastly there is no proof they did it. In fact, by the share sloppiness of the assassination it points to them not doing it!

i rarely discuss this issue, manifred...

it's like teaching pigs to talk.

and yes, i do look at when someone posts criticisms of both sides.

as for israel's actions here. frankly, i don't know enough about this to comment.

does this make the australian government anti-semitic or are they just pissed off that the israelis forged their documents to use in an assassination?

Big News Network.com Monday 24th May, 2010

In announcing the decision, Australian Foreign Minister Stephen Smith said Australia remained a "firm friend" of Israel, but the government could not accept the complicity of the Jewish state in the passport operation.

He said that no government would tolerate the abuse of its passports and called for the immediate withdrawal of a member of the Israeli embassy in Canberra.

An investigation into the use of four Australian passports by the team that carried out the January killing of Hamas operative Mahmud al-Mabhuh, found the documents were forgeries.

The high quality of the forged passports pointed to the involvement of the Israeli state intelligence service.

Mr Smith said it was not the first time that Israel had misused Australian passports, saying it was not what was expected of a friendly nation.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry espressed disappointment over the Australian decision, saying it was not in line with the nature and importance of the relationship between the two nations.

Mr. Smith should put forth his evidence. Or be quiet.

I like the way the Israeli do business. Quietly. No War.. Just off em. quietly..

i'm not opposed to warfare when it keeps people alive. there are battles worth fighting. and taking out people who fire over 3,000 missiles at you while claiming they are abiding by a 'ceasefire' is one of them.

you want to discuss blameless? ask yourself ... if the pals stopped fighting, would israel? the answer is yes.

believe what you like --- so long as people think there are battles worth fighting, they will be fought. as asimov wrote, "violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

and pray tell what you use to support your statement about the PALESTINIAN ARABS (just a small slam at you lazy wannabe journalists. your shorthand is offensive) would not stop fighting if the israelis stopped?

and oh, but if the situation were that simple that a mere cessation of fighting would resolve the problems.

Maybe this one has been argued to DEATH!!! Could that be it. This was a very sloppy assassination of a man who many wanted to assassinate. Israel has some of the best and most careful assassins in the world. Lastly there is no proof they did it. In fact, by the share sloppiness of the assassination it points to them not doing it!

interesting twist

do you have more about the actual assassination. i have only seen stories about the australian government's reaction to the forged documents.

believe what you like --- so long as people think there are battles worth fighting, they will be fought. as asimov wrote, "violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

and pray tell what you use to support your statement about the PALESTINIAN ARABS (just a small slam at you lazy wannabe journalists. your shorthand is offensive) would not stop fighting if the israelis stopped?

and oh, but if the situation were that simple that a mere cessation of fighting would resolve the problems.

Israel moved out of Gaza. Then what happened next? "INCOMING"

Heres a photo of some of them, keep your eye out for them traveling anywhere outside israel
Wanted By Interpol
http://www.interpol.int/public/icpo/...2010/pr011.asp

slide02_hamas_dhtml466.jpg

slide01_hamas_dhtml466.jpg

Nice logic. This particular act of skullduggery was so piss poorly executed it couldn't possibly have been the Jews. :rofl:

There is a **** scumbag on a few other poli forums who loads up the main "Current Events" or equivalent forum with tons of anti-israel threads.

Some of the forums keep banning this piece of shit, who returns a week or so later with another ID, and some of whom have said they will bring legal proceedings against them if they continue to return.

The asshole always follows the same process; join the board, put up some not-so aggressive anti-Israel threads, then increase them in intensity and number until finally a banning.

This person's tone sounds familiar... :eusa_eh:

As far as I know, Palestine is not a nation....or seperate state. Expectations are a bit different.

You're absolutely right, we have no justification for expecting civilized behaviour from arab muslims. That's why they're always free to use terrorism and murder to further their goals, avoid human rights, and fire rockets into civilian areas. We have no business demanding they act like the rest of humanity.

You need to keep reminding us of that fact, I sometimes forget about the reverse discrimination too readily... :cuckoo:

For a little bit of balance to your claim:

Aussie politicians clash on Mossad

"Another paper, the Sydney Morning Herald, cited a Tuesday claim from Bishop that the Australian government in fact engages in passport forgery. The charge came after Bishop accused Australia Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's government of over-reacting to the investigation which concluded that Israel was responsible for forging four Australian passports that were used in the Mabhouh assassination.

“It would be naive to think that Israel is the only country in the world that has used forged passports, including Australian passports, for security operations," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying. When specifically asked if Australia forges documents, she reportedly said "yes."

-------------------------------------------------

Hey, but why let facts get in the way of the mentally ill's hatred of jews?

You do a little research and let me know what year there were no arab muslim attacks on jews in israel. I'll give you a dollar if you can find one since, oh, like 1900...

Forum List

Back