Australia Bans Guns, Crime Rate Increases | Gun Control Fail

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Think Australia is a great place to live because of their gun ban? Better think twice

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh4oHK8Dgck]Australia Bans Guns, Crime Rate Increases | Gun Control Fail - YouTube[/ame]

Three shooting with assault weopons in the US in the last week.

How many in Australia in the same week?

Watch the video.
Mr "I'm a gun owner" :badgrin:
Question does it matter how many mass shootings we have when you are the victim of a home invasion unable to protect your life?

Last edited:
Where did the information come from?
Also, it mentions Peter Griffin as the Attorney General. He was the AG of South Australia until 2001 - a state 3.5 times the size of Texas with the population of Idaho...hardly compelling.

Just more shilling with little to back it up from the gun lobby...

Where did the information come from?
Also, it mentions Peter Griffin as the Attorney General. He was the AG of South Australia until 2001 - a state 3.5 times the size of Texas with the population of Idaho...hardly compelling.

Just more shilling with little to back it up from the gun lobby...

Of course you're going to defend your country even though we know gun control does not work.

Of course you're going to defend your country even though we know gun control does not work.

It is not my country. Gun control has worked.

The stats in your video don't tell us where they came from....

Not according to the video gun bans and gun control in Australia does not work.
Now if you watched the video it explains why

I watched the video.
It's a bunch of people with an opinion. No hard facts. I mean, I saw some 'facts' scroll across the screen, but there was no indication where the figures came from, how they were achieved etc. Until that happens, I'll give it the lip service it deserves.

What you fail to realise is that gun control is hardly an issue down here. I have lived here for five years and the only things I watch on free to air TV are sports and news. I cannot recall in the past five years one single news item mentioning gun control or the subject coming up...shrug. Our society has moved on from such barbaric things....:D

I watched the video.
It's a bunch of people with an opinion. No hard facts. I mean, I saw some 'facts' scroll across the screen, but there was no indication where the figures came from, how they were achieved etc. Until that happens, I'll give it the lip service it deserves.

What you fail to realise is that gun control is hardly an issue down here. I have lived here for five years and the only things I watch on free to air TV are sports and news. I cannot recall in the past five years one single news item mentioning gun control or the subject coming up...shrug. Our society has moved on from such barbaric things....:D

A bunch of people? A couple of those people were police officers.

I watched the video.

And who says they were even talking about guns?
Where was the footage from? One was talking about morale being low in the police force. What was the context? Was he asked "Is the morale in the police low due to gun control laws?"...or was it a cut and paste job from something totally unrelated. There is no context in this video. The voice over is amateurish, and I would be very surprised if this is just not a cut and paste job that had nothing to do with the gun debate.

"Five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime"

"Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women."

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

Think Australia is a great place to live because of their gun ban? Better think twice

Australia Bans Guns, Crime Rate Increases | Gun Control Fail - YouTube

You lying little ass puke. Australia has not banned guns. Why do you lie so much?

Go away liar.

I have already asked for the source of the stats from that biased site. Nada from anyone...shrug...

I watched the video.

And who says they were even talking about guns?
Where was the footage from? One was talking about morale being low in the police force. What was the context? Was he asked "Is the morale in the police low due to gun control laws?"...or was it a cut and paste job from something totally unrelated. There is no context in this video. The voice over is amateurish, and I would be very surprised if this is just not a cut and paste job that had nothing to do with the gun debate.

What are you talking about?Who said they even talked about guns? Are you drunk?

Forum List

Back