Australia bans gay marriage

The Federal Government has no right interfering in the will of the people. The majority of Australians support same sex marriage, and if Abbott doesn't like it, he can go and suck a dick.

If the majority of the people support same sex marriage, why did your voters vote Abbott in by an overwhelming majority?

Because they hated the fact the Labor Party kept switching leaders, and the fact that we allowed asylum seekers to enter our country.

Abbott's scare campaign worked. He claimed he would stop the boats coming, yet they are still arriving.

All I have to say is Proposition 8
Now what you fucking hack?

Proposition 8 no longer exists.
Now what you fucking hater?

What happen to the will of the people?
The majority wanted it.
Seriously? Are you so fucking new to this you don't know how this works?

If the majority want it so badly, then amend the Constitution to allow discrimination based on sexual orientation.

See how simple that is?

Proposition 8 no longer exists.
Now what you fucking hater?

The majority wanted it.

If the majority want it so badly, then amend the Constitution to allow discrimination based on sexual orientation.

See how simple that is?
Your words, OR would you like to retract what you said.

I think you mean: Now you know what happens when the will of the majority is deemed unconstitutional.

The majority wanted it.

See how simple that is?

I think you mean: Now you know what happens when the will of the majority is deemed unconstitutional.

Oh my god, seriously? You seemed to be a little smarter than ShootSpeeders but now I'm not so sure.

The will of the majority was deemed unconstitutional in the Prop 8 case because the will of the majority hasn't amended the Constitution to discriminate based on sexual orientation yet.

Amend the Constitution first to allow discrimination against gays, then pass local laws that discriminate against gays.

It's really not that hard. You do know how the government works?

See how simple that is?

Oh my god, seriously? You seemed to be a little smarter than ShootSpeeders but now I'm not so sure.

The will of the majority was deemed unconstitutional in the Prop 8 case because the will of the majority hasn't amended the Constitution to discriminate based on sexual orientation yet.

Amend the Constitution first to allow discrimination against gays, then pass local laws that discriminate against gays.

In other words the will of the majority can go pound sand if they don't agree with you?
GOT IT.

In other words the will of the majority can go pound sand if they don't agree with you?
GOT IT.
It's not me they disagree with, it's the Constitution. The will of the majority has to change the Constitution first before they can pass laws against gays.

GOT IT.
It's not me they disagree with, it's the Constitution. The will of the majority has to change the Constitution first before they can pass laws against gays.

The people of California said no to gay marriage passage of Prop 8 Judge says hell no and tells the majority no.
Do you not see the hypocrisy in your position?

GOT IT.

The people of California said no to gay marriage passage of Prop 8 Judge says hell no and tells the majority no.

Nope. That's the way the law works. Don't like it? Change the law.

Nope. That's the way the law works. Don't like it? Change the law.

The majority of California supported prop 8 and the law was overturned by a judge and that is how laws work? Are you smoking crack?

Just because some other countries have made it legal for homosexuals to marry does not mean that Australia has to follow suit. Thankfully we have a Prime Minister with a bit of courage (unlike Obama who is sitting on the fence). And the majority of Australians DO NOT support homosexual marriage. That is the lie of the homosexual community wanting you to believe that. And if homosexual marriage is so important here in Oz why haven't the members of parliament who are homosexual and have partners do it??

I don't care what OZ does but poop pushers should not be allowed to marry in my country. They can move to France or somewhere gay like that.

Then go live in Iran or Russia because, like it or not, the US has the Constitution and you will never change that.

I don't care what OZ does but poop pushers should not be allowed to marry in my country. They can move to France or somewhere gay like that.

Then go live in Iran or Russia because, like it or not, the US has the Constitution and you will never change that.
Faggots and the right to pack fudge aren't mentioned in the U.S. Constitution.

True story......... :cool:

That's sad to hear. But laws come and go and their very nature means they can change. The democratic world will fully allow and support gay marriage eventually. It's unavoidable in a democracy since forbidding it via secular law is impossible to justify.

Resistance is futile.

The Federal Government has no right interfering in the will of the people. The majority of Australians support same sex marriage, and if Abbott doesn't like it, he can go and suck a dick.

If the majority of the people support same sex marriage, why did your voters vote Abbott in by an overwhelming majority?

There were more important issues to worry about...like money, ... stupid carbon tax, people-smuggling boats arriving from Indonesia etc every other day costing taxpaxers $12million each boatload of illegals/asylum-seekers/economic immigrants call them whatever you like...etc, etc etc.

Gay marriage is way down the list...unfortunately for gay people.

Forum List

Back