Australia and New Zealand essentially legalize rape - If you're a muslim

Post a proper link about the Radio NZ slight (not a blog) and I'll read it.

Keep listening to talkback radio for your travel information.

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

RSL chiefs have been outraged by an insulting trans-Tasman attack on Australia's Gallipoli heroes.

Just days from Anzac Day, our brave World War I Diggers have been branded "lazy'', "bludgers'' and "thieves'' by panellists on New Zealand's government-funded Radio National.

Freelance journalist Josie McNaught said she was "so sick of hearing that ridiculous cliche'' that Australia's national identity was forged at Gallipoli.

Fellow guest, veteran journalist Jock Anderson then weighed in with: "Aussies have been reluctant soldiers at the best of times.

"And they've been essentially lazy bludgers, some of them, and excellent black marketeers, scavengers, poachers and thieves.''

Occasionally the Diggers had been quite good soldiers, Anderson said. "But there is no way they can hold a candle, in my opinion, to the Kiwis.''

#####

Gallipoli was a massacre, a total disaster, Aussie etc troops slaughtered, the ones that weren't blown to Kingdom Come retreated and were lucky to escape.
The 'national identity' forged there?
Someone should explain it all to Josie McNaught.

RSL chiefs were not the only ones outraged.

Talkback radio is a great source of travel information...real people, giving real advice about their experiences in foreign countries, at overseas airports etc.

Last edited:

RSL chiefs have been outraged by an insulting trans-Tasman attack on Australia's Gallipoli heroes.

Just days from Anzac Day, our brave World War I Diggers have been branded "lazy'', "bludgers'' and "thieves'' by panellists on New Zealand's government-funded Radio National.

Freelance journalist Josie McNaught said she was "so sick of hearing that ridiculous cliche'' that Australia's national identity was forged at Gallipoli.

Fellow guest, veteran journalist Jock Anderson then weighed in with: "Aussies have been reluctant soldiers at the best of times.

"And they've been essentially lazy bludgers, some of them, and excellent black marketeers, scavengers, poachers and thieves.''

Occasionally the Diggers had been quite good soldiers, Anderson said. "But there is no way they can hold a candle, in my opinion, to the Kiwis.''

#####

Gallipoli was a massacre, a total disaster, Aussie etc troops slaughtered, the ones that weren't blown to Kingdom Come retreated and were lucky to escape.

Talkback radio is a great source of travel information...real people, giving real advice about their experiences in foreign countries, at overseas airports etc.

I wouldn't get too stressed about a couple of talking heads giving their opinions on an opinion show.
They carry no weight at all.

#####

I wouldn't get too stressed about a couple of talking heads giving their opinions on an opinion show.

Not stressed, just outraged.
We just banged the drums louder, waved more flags, and cheered louder than usual as the Anzac Day parade passed by. ;)

Talking heads in NZ hurling abuse, hope they don't forget to duck when it comes flying back...two can play that game.

#####

Not stressed, just outraged.
We just banged the drums louder, waved more flags, and cheered louder than usual as the Anzac Day parade passed by. ;)

Talking heads in NZ hurling abuse, hope they don't forget to duck when it comes flying back...two can play that game.

Sure, we'll stay alert over here.

Last edited:
Here is my take, it is the immigrants responsibility to learn the culture of the other country before they move there, this shouldn't be happening.
If you are going from two different cultures that are different in many aspects, you should have the decency to atleast learn what it is like to live in that country, and the fact that the government condones this is sickening.

Forum List

Back