Austin City Limits

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Anyone here watch this show? It's on PBS at 11:00 (I think) on Saturdays, all it is is a concert show, but they get some really great bands (in my opinion). Tonight, they had the Pixies (who are, by the way, the most normal-looking band ever). Last week, they had a great performance by Modest Mouse. Of the very few episodes I've seen, the best would have to be the one with the Flaming Lips. I really want to see them live someday, they put on a great show on ACL, and they did a mean remake of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs", which is totally not their style at all.

Dan said:
Anyone here watch this show? It's on PBS at 11:00 (I think) on Saturdays, all it is is a concert show, but they get some really great bands (in my opinion). Tonight, they had the Pixies (who are, by the way, the most normal-looking band ever). Last week, they had a great performance by Modest Mouse. Of the very few episodes I've seen, the best would have to be the one with the Flaming Lips. I really want to see them live someday, they put on a great show on ACL, and they did a mean remake of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs", which is totally not their style at all.
you bet--I live here and have been to a few performances---they show quite a variety of music so if you hear a genre of music you don't like , don't assume that it is the only type of music they feature.

Dan said:

yep, watch it all the time.

Forum List

Back