Austerity and tax cuts create jobs????

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Please go get your example in history where this has born out as true?

Look across the water, burning places to the ground because they are cutting benies.

As a builder, all I can say is...............................

Go ahead make my day.

There has been loss of something like 600,000 public sector jobs since the recession began, owing to cutbacks in government spending.

If cutting government spending created jobs, then where are those people working now?

Just to break even on the jobs numbers...

through the 2000's...before the recession of 2008.
Now be careful...dont show me that graph showing such did not happen becuae I will apply basic economic fact to shove it right back at you.

Show me how unemployment did not move for the worst despite...

1) an increase in the employable
2) decrease in the need for headcount due to technology such as the internet, boolean searche engines, email, voicemail, enhanced PC graphics, CNC machining
3) tens of thousands of "dot com" employees being tossed oin the street when that bubble burst....

We went from a startup country in 1776 to the most prosperous nation without an income tax. Thanks to the creation of the fed and taxes, we have class warfare, debt, govt created bubbles to offset the previous bubble and so on....

Now be careful...dont show me that graph showing such did not happen becuae I will apply basic economic fact to shove it right back at you.

2) decrease in the need for headcount due to technology such as the internet, boolean searche engines, email, voicemail, enhanced PC graphics, CNC machining
3) tens of thousands of "dot com" employees being tossed oin the street when that bubble burst....

There was no austerity in the '00's.

• Banned

That period was not an example of austerity was it.

We went from a startup country in 1776 to the most prosperous nation without an income tax. Thanks to the creation of the fed and taxes, we have class warfare, debt, govt created bubbles to offset the previous bubble and so on....

We were also isolationist over roughly that same time period.

• Banned

So your suggestion is we go back to being an agrarian society?

If we practiced the same principles that the founders did, we wouldn't be in this situation and that includes endless wars.

true...

So I inadvertantly went off topic....

But I noticed how I many times brought it up how tax cuts DID create jobs...citing the examples I cited above...yet no one on the left ever responds....yet I still see the left continually post threads and comments about how the Bush tax cuts did absolutely nothing to promote hiring.....

But whatever....

So your suggestion is we go back to being an agrarian society?

What's wrong with the agrarian lifestyle?

That period was not an example of austerity was it.

We are currently in a period of lower taxes and austerity. We are currently living the Conservative grand scheme.

The consequences are vivid. We are seeing a full-on acting out of the modern day establishment Conservative dream of a country with very low taxes, a massive globalist interventionist military, and, if conservatives get their way,

a virtual disappearance of domestic spending to pay for the aforementioned.

true...

But I noticed how I many times brought it up how tax cuts DID create jobs...citing the examples I cited above...yet no one on the left ever responds....yet I still see the left continually post threads and comments about how the Bush tax cuts did absolutely nothing to promote hiring.....

But whatever....

Maybe it was the deficit spending that created jobs in the '00's. Maybe it was ramping up to fight 2 wars, without extracting any money from the economy to pay for them that created jobs in the '00's.

Austerity is basically pent up demand. At some point, the economy starts to come out of its malaise and is ignited by the demand into a boom. WWII was a good example of that.

This implies that high Keynesian spending and taxes promote economic growth. :cuckoo:

The example would be the economic growth under the "Reagan Era" of governance: roughly, 1984 to 2000. But you wouldn't understand why that was true.

Last edited:

If we practiced the same principles that the founders did, we wouldn't be in this situation and that includes endless wars.

If you support that principle, as do I, you have to accept that we are in the minority.

true...

But whatever....

Maybe it was the deficit spending that created jobs in the '00's. Maybe it was ramping up to fight 2 wars, without extracting any money from the economy to pay for them that created jobs in the '00's.

and maybe Hussein would have used WMDs by now on Israel if we did not intervene.
And maybe there would be another 9-11 type of attacvk of it were not for Bush's military policies
Maybe not......
We can say "maybe" in an effort to win any debate.....

Forum List

Back