Aussies celebrate "Invasion Day"

Jan 26, Australia Day again.
More huge 'Invasion Day' protest marches.
Aboriginal flags and apparel everywhere.
"We don't want the 'Indigenous Voice To Parliament'" (to be voted on soon in a referendum, and if successful enshrined in the Constitution)...cried Indigenous protesters.
"Indigenous Rights" was another huge cry.
Wonder what on earth those Rights, that they're demanding, are?

On the public street, stood a White man and a few companions.
They had the national flag of Australia displayed, and the White man was holding a placard in front of him that read:
'I support Australia Day'

tv camera was filming...a Black man there was complaining into the camera about the White man and companions....saying, para: "I don't have a problem with that flag, I have my flag (thrusting the Indigenous flag forward) and he has his flag, but to bring that flag here today to an event like this is disrespectful."
Cops then made the White man and companions leave.

Meanwhile, in the next clip on the TV news was shown a top protester dressed in Indigenous colours, shouting out, large stick held aloft..."This is war!"

IMO they'll lose their so called 'war'....all the carry-on today etc does is cause division, segregation ('voluntary' if you like)...'us, and them'.

The next TV news showed the National Flag of Australia and the Indigenous Flag flying side by side atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge ...the host saying it showed 'harmony'.
In my eyes there was a lot on display, most of it not harmonious.

Last edited:
Tens of thousands protest Australia Day legacy of 'colonisation and genocide'

Tens of thousands of people rallied across Australia to call for the abolition of the annual national celebration of 26 January as they argue the day represents colonisation and the genocide of indigenous people.

While Australia Day marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the British First Fleet at Botany Bay, many indigenous Australians, who trace their lineage on the continent back 50,000 years, regard it as “Invasion Day”.

“Today marks the start of colonisation and the start of genocide and you name it,” said Jayden Riley, 17, who was marching in Sydney on Saturday wearing a vest in the colours of the Aboriginal flag.

Do you have something similar in the US ?
same again in 2024

Forum List

Back