Aurora, Tucson, VA Tech & Newtown shooters ALL

tap4154

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2012
Surf City USA
exhibited numerous signs of being ticking time bombs.

The assault weapons ban will do nothing to stop these kind of events in the future, but reforming our civil commitment laws WILL stop many of these events in the future.

THAT, and having armed guards/CCW employees at schools, as well as better securing entry points to schools, are where we need to be concentrating our time and money.

The AW ban is just a wasteful distraction. It did nothing to stop gun crimes from 1994-2004, and there was no increase when it expired in 2004. It's just a kneejerk, road-worn, red-herring the left always drags out when a shooting occurs.

There's one flaw in your plan.

We don't lock up people because they say weird things or draw strange pictures in a notebook.

Half the country would be incarserated.

The gun advocates keep stressing about the loss of their "rights", yet they would lock up those who exhibit "tendancies".

Wow.

Just.
Wow.

"Freedom of Expression" not in that ol' Bill Of Rights, is it? "Unreasonable search and seizure" gone as well? Habeus Corpus? Did Lincoln get re-elected while I wasn't looking?

Half the stuff posted on this board could be classified as "ticking time bomb".

"I HOPE they come and try to take my guns!" The implied message being I'll kill them if they do ...............

See what I mean?

Last edited:
Don't be stupid.

I'm not talking about minor stuff, I'm talking about serious threats, and folks that are obviously out of touch with reality. ALL of these shooters showed numerous signs, and Lanza's mom was in the process of getting a conservatorship over her adult son Adam to commit him. If she'd been able to get him in for a 72 hour evaluation first, perhaps none of this would have happened. Same with the Tucson shooter, who was OBVIOUSLY out of his mind long before the shooting, but they're told they can't be committed until they commit a crime.

So we have to wait for them to mass-murder kids???

Psychologists can determine pretty quickly if someone is just goofing around making threats, or having a serious break with reality and about to snap.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back