August 6

Via the ultra top secret documents provided on this thread.............Japan was told to unconditionally surrender or be turned to ash.................That ultimatum was rejected...............

Japan was trying to get a better deal via the Russians which failed............They had already lost and were trying to negotiate better terms for surrender when they were in no position to make such demands. They had already lost the War..........it was only a matter of how many died before it was over.

The Hardliners of the Japanese Army wanted to fight to the death............The Emperor and others were basically begging to surrender to avoid complete destruction. Their arguments cost them Hiroshima and Nagasaki.............

The Allied Ultamatum was not a bluff.................The bombs were dropped..........and Japan surrendered.

We have no need to apologize for using the bombs............our fathers who fought there DIDN'T CARE...........They knew that their lives were on the line if they had to invade the mainland...................and they were being told the invasion were coming.........One of my uncles told me the bombs saved his life..........I have no reason to doubt him because he fought there.

It is history............and it's how it went down.............complaining about it now is useless....serves no purpose.

Japan was prostrate. It only required sitting on the ships surrounding it waiting for the white flags to go up. They had no more war making capacity. Yes, it is possible more Japanese would have died of starvation than died in the bombs, but the onus would be on Japanese leaders, not America's.
It is bad enough just living with the act. Cheering about it is quite sick.

I only remember the victims of Pearl Harbor. Japan should have thought ahead of the consequences, they brought the victims on themselves. Truman did the right thing and should anyone do it again, I hope Trump nukes them into little glass beads. In the right hands, the nuclear bomb has kept the peace for over 70 years.

You think those 130,000 + women and children were part of the planning and execution of the attack on the Pearl Harbor Naval Base?

Doesn't matter. Casualties of war. I care a lot more about all the helpless and innocent people killed at Pearl Harbor, beguiled by false Japanese promises of peace. The Japanese tried the ultimate cowardly sneak, and they got the ass-whooping they deserved. I only wish we would have dropped a third bomb, maybe AFTER the surrender, just for good measure.
“Doesn’t matter”? Loss of civilian life on that scale doesn’t matter? Our military leaders - men far your superior - would not be so cavalier.

Shoulda nuked the entire Japanese archipelago then there wouldn't have been no need to surrender anyone.

We didn’t have any more A-bombs at that point, dumbass.

We could have built them. Maybe neutron bombs. Meantime, carpet and cluster bomb them to keep them busy. One big Japanese x-ray. Zzzzzzzt.

I only remember the victims of Pearl Harbor. Japan should have thought ahead of the consequences, they brought the victims on themselves. Truman did the right thing and should anyone do it again, I hope Trump nukes them into little glass beads. In the right hands, the nuclear bomb has kept the peace for over 70 years.

You think those 130,000 + women and children were part of the planning and execution of the attack on the Pearl Harbor Naval Base?

Doesn't matter. Casualties of war. I care a lot more about all the helpless and innocent people killed at Pearl Harbor, beguiled by false Japanese promises of peace. The Japanese tried the ultimate cowardly sneak, and they got the ass-whooping they deserved. I only wish we would have dropped a third bomb, maybe AFTER the surrender, just for good measure.

“Doesn’t matter”? Loss of civilian life on that scale doesn’t matter? Our military leaders - men far your superior - would not be so cavalier.
Again dumb ass the japanese Government had NO INTENTION of surrendering. ...

That is your speculation at most. Read the links.
It is NOT speculation it is fact, the Army controlled the Government and as the record shows REFUSED to surrender even after 2 atomic bombs were dropped and when the Emperor ordered a surrender the Army staged a failed coup to stop him.

Japan was prostrate. It only required sitting on the ships surrounding it waiting for the white flags to go up. They had no more war making capacity. Yes, it is possible more Japanese would have died of starvation than died in the bombs, but the onus would be on Japanese leaders, not America's.

Not if you lost two uncles at Pearl Harbor. Screw the Japs.

73 years have passed since the first use of an atomic weapon in war. Most of the 150,000 victims were civilians. Women, children, the elderly. The effects of this new weapon on real people shocked the conscience of the world, and its use at that time is still debated to this day.

Regardless of one's position on Truman's decision, it is fitting to take a moment to remember so many lives taken and the horror of war in general. There is a reason the monument to the event in the city is called the Peace Park.

...sniveling and whining, can't blame America for everything fast enough. ....

Tell it to someone who has done that, asshole, ‘cause it ain’t me.

:fu:

Stop pretending you’re a WWII vet, douche bag.

Father N Law was at Pearl when they attacked.................he never once talked about what he saw there...........Refused...........

As a Radioman in WWII...............he saw too many die and would not talk about it.....................My dad did ........was on a tender..............Kamikazee hit the ship..............useless but did it anyway................The Tires from the plane were Goodyear tires.........................

Order To Kill All POWs

Saved by the skin of their teeth
The Japanese were expecting an Allied invasion of Thailand on or around 21 August 1945, and were set to annihilate the prisoners on that date. (In fact, the Allies were planning to land in Thailand on 18 August, so the prisoners' demise may have been even more imminent than that.)

So, when Japan surrendered on 15 August, the Thailand prisoners were less than a week away (and POWs in the other territories less than a month away) from their planned execution date.

Now that Japan had surrendered – prompted by the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki – no Allied invasions would be necessary.

The timing of the atomic bombs had therefore been crucial: If the war had been continued by conventional means for just a short time longer, the prisoners and internees would have been killed.

Impact of the atomic bombs
The atomic bombs thus saved approximately 123,000 military and civilian prisoners from imminent death.
This equates to roughly half the combined death toll at Hiroshima and Nagasaki and that is before we begin to consider the massive further losses (on both sides) that a prolonged land war would have entailed.
Yet the last-minute salvation of these 123,000 people is hardly ever mentioned – even by those experts who recognise that the bombs saved far more lives than they destroyed.

Stop pretending you’re a WWII vet, douche bag.

I didn't say BROTHERS, dickwad, I said UNCLES. My dad and 3 uncles all fought in WWII. Go back and learn basic math.

Japan’s Biological and Chemical Warfare in China during WWII

Unprecedented Scale of Biological/Chemical Warfare

The biological weapon attack in Zhejiang province is just one of many thousands of biological and chemical warfare attacks by the Japanese army in many parts of China during the Sino-Japanese War of 1931-1945. These included places in the provinces of Hunan, Jiangsu, Jilin, Kwangtung, Yunnan, and Heilongjiang.

As to chemical warfare, such as using poisonous gases, it has been estimated that during the 14 years of the Sino-Japanese War, Japan used poisonous gases more than 2,000 times in 77 counties of 14 provinces in direct violation of the 1925 Geneva Protocol on prohibition on the use of chemical weapons, which Japan had also signed. These attacks killed tens of thousands of Chinese, including many civilians.

Furthermore, when WWII came to a close, Japan abandoned a myriad of chemical weapons in China (as many as hundreds of thousands of poison gas weapons) by burying them underground or dumping them in rivers. Many have started to leak and led to civilian deaths and injuries. The United Nations’ Chemical Weapons Convention, which came into force in 1997, requires Japan to retrieve and dispose of these weapons. Major efforts for the toxic cleanup have been negotiated by the Chinese and Japanese governments. The Japanese consulting company Pacific Consultants International (PCI) won the exclusive contract from the Japanese government to retrieve these weapons, but unfortunately this company apparently resorted to fraudulent means to milk the contract. The former president and four others of PCI were arrested in May 2008 on suspicion of fraud. According to the contract, all the remaining poisonous shells and canisters were supposed to have been recovered and disposed of by spring 2007. After spending nearly 50 billion yen (or about U.S. $500 million), only 40,000 shells had been retrieved, and the completion deadline has been extended to 2012 (from the May 16, 2008 article “Chemical Weapons” in The Asahi Shimbun). Therefore, this continues to pose a major, serious health hazard for the Chinese population

It is NOT speculation .....

It most certainly is. Read the links.

Father N Law was at Pearl when they attacked.................he never once talked about what he saw there...........Refused...........

As a Radioman in WWII...............he saw too many die and would not talk about it.....................My dad did ........was on a tender..............Kamikazee hit the ship..............useless but did it anyway................The Tires from the plane were Goodyear tires.........................

The Japanese can burn in hell. Should've dropped FOUR fucking bombs. Then shot all their leaders, killed all the men and sold all the women into the sex trade to pay back those lost American lives.

If you think I'm harsh, just consider what the Japs WOULD HAVE DONE had they won the war against us?

1a-unit-731-bioweapon-victims.jpg

Unit 731 pics..................

Shoulda nuked the entire Japanese archipelago then there wouldn't have been no need to surrender anyone.

We didn’t have any more A-bombs at that point, dumbass.

We could have built them. Maybe neutron bombs. Meantime, carpet and cluster bomb them to keep them busy. One big Japanese x-ray. Zzzzzzzt.

You’re an emoting child.

It is NOT speculation .....

It most certainly is. Read the links.

Look you lying piece of human garbage the link is clear, even after 2 atomic bombs the Japanese Government REFUSED to SURRENDER. The Emperor intervened and ordered a surrender and then the Army staged a Coup to stop that. The Government had no intention of surrendering.

The biological weapon attack in Zhejiang province is just one of many thousands of biological and chemical warfare attacks by the Japanese army in many parts of China during the Sino-Japanese War of 1931-1945. These included places in the provinces of Hunan, Jiangsu, Jilin, Kwangtung, Yunnan, and Heilongjiang.

As to chemical warfare, such as using poisonous gases, it has been estimated that during the 14 years of the Sino-Japanese War, Japan used poisonous gases more than 2,000 times in 77 counties of 14 provinces in direct violation of the 1925 Geneva Protocol on prohibition on the use of chemical weapons, which Japan had also signed. These attacks killed tens of thousands of Chinese, including many civilians.

Furthermore, when WWII came to a close, Japan abandoned a myriad of chemical weapons in China (as many as hundreds of thousands of poison gas weapons) by burying them underground or dumping them in rivers. Many have started to leak and led to civilian deaths and injuries. The United Nations’ Chemical Weapons Convention, which came into force in 1997, requires Japan to retrieve and dispose of these weapons. Major efforts for the toxic cleanup have been negotiated by the Chinese and Japanese governments. The Japanese consulting company Pacific Consultants International (PCI) won the exclusive contract from the Japanese government to retrieve these weapons, but unfortunately this company apparently resorted to fraudulent means to milk the contract. The former president and four others of PCI were arrested in May 2008 on suspicion of fraud. According to the contract, all the remaining poisonous shells and canisters were supposed to have been recovered and disposed of by spring 2007. After spending nearly 50 billion yen (or about U.S. $500 million), only 40,000 shells had been retrieved, and the completion deadline has been extended to 2012 (from the May 16, 2008 article “Chemical Weapons” in The Asahi Shimbun). Therefore, this continues to pose a major, serious health hazard for the Chinese population

So the atomic bomb‘s were dropped in an act of revenge on behalf of China? Really? Is that really what motivated our military decisions?

After posting the atrocities of what Japan did during the War...........................

My father, and uncles didn't give a shit that we used the Bombs............

They lived and fought that War.

So the atomic bomb‘s were dropped in an act of revenge on behalf of China? Really? Is that really what motivated our military decisions?
I didn't say that...................I said that Japan was given the option to Surrender or be turned into ash........They chose ash..............................these posts were to remind you what they did during this War................

They weren't nice people now were they....................They should have never attacked us............and they should have surrendered when given the chance...........

They brought this on themselves.

Forum List

Back