August 28, 1963

I wasn't referring specifically to southern republicans :)

I was referring to the use of race as a divisive strategy by the GOP as a whole. Personally, I don't think racism is 'rampant' but I think there's far too much of it...like there's far too much homophobia... and far too much anti-semitism.

civil rights activists do their jobs... there are people who think it better to be race hustlers for their own benefit. there's a difference, IMO.

Ahh....ok. I agree there is too much of it. Because IMO, one racist is too much. I however have a more strict definition of racism instead of believing that every little thing is racist.

The problem I have with prominent civil rights activists is that they are one-sided. They're not really civil-rights activists IMO. They only cry injustice when it's on their own particular race. IMO, if you're really a civil rights activist, you're going to cry injustice for everyone. Jesse, Rev. Wright, Quannel X <---Houston, don't ever do anything unless something happens to a black person, but does nothing if a black person does something to a white. Do you remember that thread about the two black guys asking the woman to pay a white person's fee? None of those civil rights activists said anything, however, had it been the other way around, they'd be hoppin mad. I don't really care about the double standard, but if you're going to advocate civil rights, advocate it right, IMO.

Let me ask you this, do you think any of the DEMS has played of racism during the primaries?? It seems as though I've seen more race play between Hillary and Obama than I have so far between Repubs and Dems. Just my observation---the situation is liable to change though.:D

I think everyone missed the point. My point is that some 40 years ago during this time America was fighting for equality, marches, speeches, sit-ins, riots etc. were going on. However, in 2008 during the exact same time 40 years ago, things are the complete opposite; every group of people have the same opportunities and chances to advance without facing racial inequity; and an excellent example of this is Obama winning the Dem Nomination. This isn't about what you think of him or if you like him or not, this is about how far America has came; people NEVER thought this would happen in their life time, that a non-white person would have a real chance of becoming president. Yet, it is possible because America is not the same as it was in 1960. In 1963 in August MLK was making a speech about everyone uniting no matter the color of their skin and justice for all, and now in August 2008 we really can see that this dream is reality.

A lot of Americans are still scarred from the past. However, today I think a lot of people's views of America, all across the world have changed. America IS the land of the free, this IS a place that everyone can grow and make it to the top despite their past.....as I said, this IS an historic moment.

However, in 2008... every group of people have the same opportunities and chances to advance without facing racial inequity

No, they don't.

Today, WHITES are the ones who get the (metaphorical) hose-and-dog treatment from the powers that be. WE are becoming the minority, WE are mocked, WE are outflooded by illegal aliens, WE are told "no scholarship for you", WE are shut out of schools and jobs by affirmative action, WE foot the bill for the black and Hispanic street party known at the federal government.

Problem is, unlike blacks, whites don't seem to get this. They eagerly hand over the society they built so as to avoid that terriblest of calamities: being insensitive.

Prediction: McCain is so saturated with white liberal guilt, he'll throw the campaign and lick Obama's hand when he wins.

Last edited:
Only if we fight to keep it.

Destroy all claimants, work the land ourselves, and increase our numbers.

This is why I object to foreign immigration, it lets others have a claim on our land and our government. Yes, I am quite sure the Mexican government supports *Migration Reform*, it would be much better to have your neighbor be a brother than a stranger.

Only if we fight to keep it.

Destroy all claimants, work the land ourselves, and increase our numbers.

This is why I object to foreign immigration, it lets others have a claim on our land and our government. Yes, I am quite sure the Mexican government supports *Migration Reform*, it would be much better to have your neighbor be a brother than a stranger.

I hope we never cut off legal immigration, However mexico is worse then we are at how they handle illegals, check out their policies and efforts to shut down THEIR southern Border.

Yes, I am aware of Mexico's doings. They want us to reform our policy though. I think the Reconquista agenda is a cover for them bringing on the Amero/NAU.

I would like to return to the Immigration system as signed into law by Coolidge.

Last edited:
I hear Rick Santorum is mexican did he have to produce his birth certificate.If not I wonder why.

Forum List

Back