August 27th, Mars Puts On A Show

NuclearWinter

Rookie
Apr 13, 2006
Planet Mars is coming closer to the Earth and will be the brightest planet in our night sky this month.

Planet Mars will maximize the look of it's size from Earth on August 27th, when Mars comes within only 34.65 Miles of Earth!

Be sure to watch the sky on August 27th, at 12:30 AM. It will almost look like the Earth has two Moons.

The next time Mars will come this close to the Earth is supposably in the year 2,287! So See it now because it won't happen again for over a thousand years!

Also, there will be a TOTAL Lunar Eclipse on August 28th, 2007.

Planet Mars is coming closer to the Earth and will be the brightest planet in our night sky this month.

Planet Mars will maximize the look of it's size from Earth on August 27th, when Mars comes within only 34.65 Miles of Earth!

Be sure to watch the sky on August 27th, at 12:30 AM. It will almost look like the Earth has two Moons.

The next time Mars will come this close to the Earth is supposably in the year 2,287! So See it now because it won't happen again for over a thousand years!

Absolutely incorrect.

http://www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp

Wrong, again.

Posting absolute horseshit like this, is the reason everyone thinks you're crazy.

• Banned
Watch the Sky!

Never again in your lifetime will the Red Planet be so spectacular! This month and next month the Earth is catching up with Mars, an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the last 5,000 years but it may be as long as 60,000 years.

The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. Mars will be easy to spot.

At the beginning of August, Mars will rise in the east at 10 p.m. and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m. By the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30 a.m. That's pretty convenient when it comes to seeing something that no human has seen in recorded history. So mark your calendar at the beginning of August to see Mars grows progressively brighter and brighter throughout the month. Share with your children and grandchildren.

• Banned
lol. Sorry guys. I was in a rush when I posted the first post. It's not the first time I've f-cked up. And it won't be the last.

It's not true, this e-mail has been circulating for a couple of years, just click on the link provided by JeffWartman. The event described concerning Mars occurred on August 27, 2003. The Lunar eclipse on the 28th of this month will be visible over the Americas, the Pacific, eastern Asia, and Australasia.

See you people have to understand. This thread was spur of the moment. Anyone who judges any of my other threads by using this one in comparison, is not someone who I would ever post for anyways.

In this particular case, I was either fooled, or misguided. Not the case with my other threads, in which I have put years into researching.

Again, those who don't know the difference, can stay that way till they die. That is, if they choose to do so.

Besides, if George Bush can lead us all into the worst situation in history, and put our forces smack dab in the middle of Arabia, and then say "ooops" afterwards, and get away with it, lol...all those who judge me on a simple mistake such as this...can kiss my ass...tenfold.

lol.

The sad part is that I am serious. I really will be watching the sky just in case.

It's part of my personality. To try and disprove things as well as prove them.

But anyways, I'm not posting anymore in this thread. I already said it might not be true, and that I might have f-cked up, and oh well right? Lesson learned.

But...if it does happen...that would be cool too.

So..either way...It would have been cool if it was for real. IF.

ok, i will disregard ur other posts. as long as u dont say bill clintoon was a good president, ill give u a chance.

lol.

The sad part is that I am serious. I really will be watching the sky just in case.

It's part of my personality. To try and disprove things as well as prove them.

But anyways, I'm not posting anymore in this thread. I already said it might not be true, and that I might have f-cked up, and oh well right? Lesson learned.

But...if it does happen...that would be cool too.

So..either way...It would have been cool if it was for real. IF.

So we're supposed to believe this is the only time you've messed up?

New Topics

Forum List

Back