Audit Exposes Serious Problems with IPCC Temp Data

SSDD

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2012
The first audit of the most important temperature data set has been found to be literally riddled with errors...to the point that it is meaningless.

Aside from the fact that it is a worthless steaming pile of bullshit, what does the fact that this is the first audit ever of this important data base? How long has climate science been going on about global temperature now? And this is the first audit of the data? Is this not the very definition of sloppy science? That sort of attention to detail is the hallmark of government, not science which is supposed to be fanatical in its attention to detail.

HadCRUT4 is the primary data set used by the IPCC to support its claims regarding man made global warming and to justify its demands for trillions of dollars to bet spent on combatting this claimed change....and it is the basis for the Paris Accord.

The first ever audit, however, says that this data base is to "sloppy" to be taken seriously by climate science, much less a body that wields as much power as the IPCC.

Here are just a few of the errors found in this comprehensive audit.

• Large gaps where there is no data and where instead averages were calculated from next to no information. For two years, the temperatures over land in the Southern Hemisphere were estimated from just one site in Indonesia.
  • Almost no quality control, with misspelled country names (‘Venezuala” “Hawaai” “Republic of K” (aka South Korea) and sloppy, obviously inaccurate entries.
  • Adjustments – “I wouldn’t be surprised to find that more than 50 percent of adjustments were incorrect,” says McLean – which artificially cool earlier temperatures and warm later ones, giving an exaggerated impression of the rate of global warming.
  • Methodology so inconsistent that measurements didn’t even have a reliable policy on variables like Daylight Saving Time.
  • Sea measurements, supposedly from ships, but mistakenly logged up to 50 miles inland.
  • At Golden Rock Airport, on the island of St Kitts in the Caribbean, mean monthly temperatures for December in 1981 and 1984 are reported as 0.0°C. But from 1971 to 1990 the average in all the other years was 26.0°C.
  • A town in Romania which in September 1953, allegedly experienced a month where the average temperature dropped to minus 46 degrees C (when the typical average for that month is 10 degrees C).
  • For April, June and July of 1978 Apto Uto (Colombia, ID:800890) had an average monthly temperature of 81.5°C, 83.4°C and 83.4°C respectively.
The audit found more than 70 issues with the data set besides the numbers themselves ranging from the very processes used to create the data set to the data derived from it and to its eventual publication.

The audit and subsequent report are behind a pay wall but it can be found here

Audit of the HadCRUT4 Global Temperature Dataset

We've been saying that the death-worshiping, Moonbat fringe global warming Cult is anti-science; this is irrefutable proof

It surprises me that a paper like this ever got through the gatekeeper system...what amazes me is that warmers don't even question this sort of stuff. Imagine, this is the first ever audit of the most important temperature data set we have...the first ever after how many decades?

If climate science were actual science, the audit would be never ending.

It surprises me that a paper like this ever got through the gatekeeper system...what amazes me is that warmers don't even question this sort of stuff. Imagine, this is the first ever audit of the most important temperature data set we have...the first ever after how many decades?

Is there any other real science that works like this? Can you imagine Tabby blaming global warming for the inexplicable fluctuations from Tabbys Star because no one looked at the data?

Guess the eco warriors don't want to talk about the evidence of malfeasance and fraud by their high priests...or discuss the ramifications of a data base that is worthless has on their claims of impending doom.

I knew there had to be one reason or another for all the air time the IPCC cranks have been getting the last few days....TEN YEARS TO ACT OR WE'RE ALL GONNA DIIIIIIIE!

science.jpg

Real science would not ignore what we know now thanks to NASA`s SABER satellite. Funny how Hansen f-ed off from NASA as soon as SABER started gathering data.
Solar Storm Dumps Gigawatts into Earth's Upper Atmosphere | Science Mission Directorate
This was the biggest dose of heat we’ve received from a solar storm since 2005,” says Martin Mlynczak of NASA Langley Research Center. “It was a big event, and shows how solar activity can directly affect our planet.”
“Carbon dioxide and nitric oxide are natural thermostats,” explains James Russell of Hampton University, SABER’s principal investigator. “When the upper atmosphere (or ‘thermosphere’) heats up, these molecules try as hard as they can to shed that heat back into space.”
“The thermosphere lit up like a Christmas tree,” says Russell. “It began to glow intensely at infrared wavelengths as the thermostat effect kicked in.”
For the three day period, March 8th through 10th, the thermosphere absorbed 26 billion kWh of energy. Infrared radiation from CO2 and NO, the two most efficient coolants in the thermosphere, re-radiated 95% of that total back into space.
And here is a NASA video explaining it:

Utter silence from the tortured data fans.

Snicker...………...
Of course ! Even Hansen made a quick exit from the NASA stage as soon as SABER started gathering the kind of data which flies in the face of everything he has been claiming. What else than ignoring it could he have done ?
The rest of the sockpuppets have to wait till the cartoonist from Australia can find 97% of "scientists" who disagree with SABER.

Forum List

Back