Audio Books, lectures etc.

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
I've been listening to audio books in my car just to change things up. I got this one a few days ago thinking it may be inspiring. Talk about boring as fuck, OMG How did this guy make a bestseller. Maybe for insomniacs. :lol:

b9a7-square-1536.jpg

This one was pretty good. I was surprised because I saw her on a tv interview once a didn't really like her personality. But that was years ago so maybe it was just where I was at back then. Shrug. :dunno: Loved her book.

ad5f-square-1536.jpg

Here's a pro tip: All self help books are egotistical shit.

I'm listening to a fantastic audiobook right now: A History of the American People by Paul Johnson, read by Nadia May

Other good non-fiction audiobooks:

Lords of Finance: The Bankers Who Broke the World
by Liaquat Ahamed, read by Stephen Hoye

The First Tycoon: The Epic Life of Cornelius Vanderbilt by T.J. Stiles, read by Mark Deakins

The Guns of August by Barbara W. Tuchman, read by Nadia May

Good fiction audiobooks:

The Martian by Andy Weir, read by R.C. Bray

A Man in Full by Tom Wolfe, read by David Ogden Stiers

David Ogden Stiers is one of the best readers ever. He's the guy who played Charles Emerson Winchester III on M.A.S.H.

Nadia May is also a very good reader, although she mispronounces a number of American places since she's English.

Another good reader I remember from way back is Joe Mantegna.

A shitty reader can totally ruin an audiobook. I've stopped listening to quite a few just because the reader sucked that much.

Forum List

Back