Audience Shouts Down Sebelius & Specter at

Calmly giving your opinion in a civil manner at a meeting is one thing. Screaming, seemingly at the top of your lungs, and disrupting people at a question-and-answer town meeting is quite another. Just as I disagree with the strategy used by Code Pink, I’m opposed to the loud yelling, shouting, and jeering strategy used by the belligerent people who disrupted the Philadelphia meeting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS4MI8fuXzw[/ame]

Last edited:
Calmly giving your opinion in a civil manner at a meeting is one thing. Screaming, seemingly at the top of your lungs, and disrupting people at a question-and-answer town meeting is quite another. Just as I disagree with the strategy used by Code Pink, I’m opposed to the loud yelling, shouting, and jeering strategy used by the belligerent people who disrupted the Philadelphia meeting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS4MI8fuXzw
again, prove any of those people had anything to do with that memo
could it not be possible that some people have never seen that fucking memo and are just pissed at whats being done

again, prove any of those people had anything to do with that memo. could it not be possible that some people have never seen that fucking memo and are just pissed at whats being done

I not sure what you mean by the memo. I’m simply looking for intellectual honesty, fair-mindedness, and consistency among those who support such disruptions. If people find nothing wrong with the booing and shouting in Philadelphia, then they should find nothing wrong with the same STRATEGY used by Code Pink. I find such disruptions reprehensible no matter what the ideology is of the instigators.

Yet, I think that I might understand your point. Those that resort to yelling, jeering, and screaming often do not adequately understand the details or have sufficient information from which to make a calm intelligent argument against their opponent.

again, prove any of those people had anything to do with that memo. could it not be possible that some people have never seen that fucking memo and are just pissed at whats being done

I not sure what you mean by the memo. I’m simply looking for intellectual honesty, fair-mindedness, and consistency among those who support such disruptions. If people find nothing wrong with the booing and shouting in Philadelphia, then they should find nothing wrong with the same STRATEGY used by Code Pink. I find such disruptions reprehensible no matter what the ideology is of the instigators.

Yet, I think that I might understand your point. Those that resort to yelling, jeering, and screaming often do not adequately understand the details or have sufficient information from which to make a calm intelligent argument against their opponent.
the memo the thinkprogress claims got people to these meetings

i doubt any of them had even seen it and were jsut pissed off at not being listened to
i know i would be

There are a tonne of problems with the US political system, but the biggest is pork bills. Couldn't believe it when I read about them. Very strange way of doing things. And unnecessary...

pork the other white meat....lot of that ALWAYS going around Doc......got anything you can prescribe to take care of it?.........

Does anyone else besides xenophon and divecon think that the insurance companies and big pharma support healthcare reform/a public option?
The real question is, is there anyone as naieve as you on this issue.

Like all idiot lemmings you sit there and do what your told, believe what they tell you without looking at all at what really goes on.

i doubt any of them had even seen it and were jsut pissed off at not being listened to
i know i would be

Would you complete and clarify your last sentence. You know that you would be pissed off if you thought that you were not being listened to? If so, then would you resort to being disruptive? You can speculate as you like. Perhaps they thought that they were not being heard. Yet, Obama clearly won the presidential election. Bush had won the previous election to the chagrin of Code Pink. Perhaps Code Pink felt as though it was not being heard by the Bush administration. Do condone the Code Pink strategy? Do you condone the antics of the protestors at Philadelphia?

i know i would be

Would you complete and clarify your last sentence. You know that you would be pissed off if you thought that you were not being listened to? If so, then would you resort to being disruptive? You can speculate as you like. Perhaps they thought that they were not being heard. Yet, Obama clearly won the presidential election. Bush had won the previous election to the chagrin of Code Pink. Perhaps Code Pink felt as though it was not being heard by the Bush administration. Do condone the Code Pink strategy? Do you condone the antics of the protestors at Philadelphia?
it was complete
and you got it

code pink was disrupting congressional hearings, NOT a town hall meeting
there IS a difference

Last edited:
Does anyone else besides xenophon and divecon think that the insurance companies and big pharma support healthcare reform/a public option?

nothing is going to change dipshit....so yea they are saying....hey we support this.....we are behind this.....if they dont find a way to reign in the cost....nothing will change....you will just get the basics from the NHC.....ill stick with Blue Shield....i get MUCH more than the BASICS with them......

not enough time or space
LOL
nor do i wish to type that much

It's not a sign of weakness to admit you're wrong.....
except i'm not wrong

you've already admitted to not knowing several things, like the earmark process or the fillibuster

Where have I admitted I don't know those things?
I've never admitted to not knowing about them, I've only admitted to what a stupid part of your political process they are....
I saw Mr Smith Goes To Washington when I was about 10...a fillibuster is very easy to understand...

As for earmarks - beyond stupid....

There are a tonne of problems with the US political system, but the biggest is pork bills. Couldn't believe it when I read about them. Very strange way of doing things. And unnecessary...

pork the other white meat....lot of that ALWAYS going around Doc......got anything you can prescribe to take care of it?.........

Can't speak for any other political system but my own. If an MP puts forward a piece of legislation, on say mining - then that legislation relates only to mining and nothing else. Somebody seconds the bill and it is read through Parliament. If it gets a second reading, the MPs vote, and that piece of legislation on mining - and MINING only - either becomes law or it doesn't (depending on the vote). Sounds easy to me....shrug....nothing attached, no hidden pork, no unrelated matter attached on the end. go figure....

yeah, it was so much worse than what's happening today.

Do I have to show you AGAIN the cause and effect of why this happened in the first place. You uber righties know how to start these messes, but not only do you walk away from them, you then try and stick it to those who are trying to sort it out....

trying to sort it out?.....if they were going to sit down and look at the good and the bad i would agree with ya Doc.....but to just try and cram this down without thinking about the negative reprucussions....like trying to move 100 million + people on to it ..then to me and many others they are not trying to sort it out....they are trying to pass something because they feel thats what the people want and we have to do it.....so lets just do it....the problems we are going to create be damned....at least we can say we did it....thats their attitude.....even though things may be much worse....i work for the govt Doc.....i have seen how they leap without looking.....a mess....

I'm afraid I don't understand why this is being discussed as if it had meaning. We've already discussed the fact that the RNC directive is that their loons shout down everyone at town hall meetings to prevent intelligent discussion.

This is code for 'agreeing with what we tell you. You are not permitted to disagree at all.
so why bother pretending that it's people who are "outraged" and not RNC-bots?

*shrug*

I guess you've never been on a University campus when a conservative has been asked to speak. They bus them in from other Universities just to shout them down and keep them from speaking.

You act as if the RNC is the only entity that does this and that puts into question your intellectual honesty.

Why not address what the questioners were asking? And realize that the only reason that these two buffoons were shouted down is because they were yet again, speaking lies and we the people are kind of tired of those lies.

If they don't want to be shouted down, they should make sure they screen who is let into a town hall meeting to ensure that only favorable questions are asked. Or they could just do the Sunday TV talk circuit.

Not a communist either.
I only care about America in how it affects my country...

Tell ya what Canuck....mind your own f*cking business.....
How about those apples...ehh.

As for being bitch slapped ... others - a lot better at it than you - have tried and failed miserably
lol...a keyboard commando...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
hes a Kiwi
he knows next to nothing about the US yet tries to act like he does

aww Dive.... i was having fun seeing how many countries he was going to go through till he got it....:lol:

Forum List

Back