Audience laughs at Obama over his investing in algae concept.

Locke11_21

Democrat Party - the REAL Fascist Party
Dec 31, 2011
Bay State
This is hilarious. When Obama suggested we invest in algae as an alternative energy source, the audience laughed at him. Now, pay close attention here, look at how strong, commanding and confident Obama comes off, all the way up to the the 15 second point. Look at his facial expression at 15 seconds as the crowd laughs at him, look at his body language before the 15 second mark, and after.

There is a a reason the crowd is laughing at Obama. While gas prices are high right now, thanks to environmentalists and the radical left-wing. With algae, subsidizing it would cost over $50 a gallon for algae as an alternative energy source. In addition to that, algae at lower temperature will not go through an engine effectively enough, so in order for this to work at an astromically high price, we will need a heck of alota global warming for it to work. What an idiot!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwyFrLBeFVA]Obama Algae - YouTube.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
This is hilarious. When Obama suggested we invest in algae as an alternative energy source, the audience laughed at him. Now, pay close attention here, look at how strong, commanding and confident Obama comes off, all the way up to the the 15 second point. Look at his facial expression at 15 seconds as the crowd laughs at him, look at his body language before the 15 second mark, and after.

There is a a reason the crowd is laughing at Obama. While gas prices are high right now, thanks to environmentalists and the radical left-wing. With algae, subsidizing it would cost over $50 a gallon for algae as an alternative energy source. In addition to that, algae at lower temperature will not go through an engine effectively enough, so in order for this to work at an astromically high price, we will need a heck of alota global warming for it to work. What an idiot!!!!!!

Obama Algae - YouTube.avi - YouTube

Your description of the state of the art of algae fuel is incorrect.

I'm not sure I see a change in him. He is an arrogant little prick all the way through.

Normally I don't disagree with too many of your posts, but you're misrepresenting this one, Locke.

They were not laughing at the idea of fuel from algae, but at his reference to 'their' algae. He was speaking at the University of Miami Field House...
University of Miami Field House
The University of Miami Field House, a multipurpose facility, has been awarded the LEED Gold certification established by the US Green Building Council. It was honored specifically for its energy use, lighting, water and material use as well as incorporating a variety of other sustainable strategies.

The United States Department of Energy estimates that if algae fuel replaced all the petroleum fuel in the United States, it would require 15,000 square miles (39,000 km2) which is only 0.42% of the U.S. map[9], or about half of the land area of Maine. This is less than 1⁄7 the area of corn harvested in the United States in 2000.[10] However, these claims remain unrealized, commercially. According to the head of the Algal Biomass Organization algae fuel can reach price parity with oil in 2018 if granted production tax credits.[11]

Algae fuel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, not really. While the technology to produce biofuel from algae is real, it is far from perfected, and VERY far from being a sustainable source in large enough quantities to mean anything.
Study: algae biofuels not the easy, green biofuel answer - yet
Over the last several years, algae has been seen as the great green hope to make biofuels a truly viable option that wouldn't affect food supplies. In part, this is because algae has the potential to yield up to 100 times as much fuel per acre as soy or corn feedstocks. Unfortunately, progress been slow so far, and a new study by Andres Clarens of the University of Virginia indicates making algae requires much more energy to produce than crops.

The study is based on computer models of the entire production process and reveals that current algae production takes six times the energy of growing crops and emits more greenhouse gases. The problem is apparently the amount of fertilizer required to grow the algae. Thankfully, the fertilizer requirements are dramatically reduced if the algae is fed with sewage waste water which contains nutrients that help it grow. Getting the waste water to the the algae ponds or reactors does require some infrastructure investment, though.

The United States Department of Energy estimates that if algae fuel replaced all the petroleum fuel in the United States, it would require 15,000 square miles (39,000 km2) which is only 0.42% of the U.S. map[9], or about half of the land area of Maine. This is less than 1⁄7 the area of corn harvested in the United States in 2000.[10] However, these claims remain unrealized, commercially. According to the head of the Algal Biomass Organization algae fuel can reach price parity with oil in 2018 if granted production tax credits.[11]

Algae fuel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, you're in favor of tax subsidies to Big Algae?

I gotta say, that if an alternative source of fuel can be found in algae, I'm all for it.

Go for it.

I'm not going to suddenly decide to vote for Obama simply because it was his lips I heard of this from, but I am damned supportive of finding alternative fuels and if science can pull it off... hell yes, I say go for it.

Immie

I gotta say, that if an alternative source of fuel can be found in algae, I'm all for it.

Go for it.

I'm not going to suddenly decide to vote for Obama simply because it was his lips I heard of this from, but I am damned supportive of finding alternative fuels and if science can pull it off... hell yes, I say go for it.

Immie

I actually think algae has potential as an energy source.

Go for it.

Immie

it does. however, unless they've made some really serious strides in 2 years (see my post above), it isn't a feasible alternative in large enough quantities to do any good yet.

Go for it.

Immie

Wouldn't surprise me one damned bit, but Big Oil isn't going to allow it to be developed. They'll eat it up just like Microsoft buys out its competition.

Immie

Go for it.

Immie

it does. however, unless they've made some really serious strides in 2 years (see my post above), it isn't a feasible alternative in large enough quantities to do any good yet.

From what I see it is just a matter of scale and the inevitable problems associated with turning an experimental process into an industrial process, certainly nothing insurmountable and worth every bit of funds invested in it.

From what I see it is just a matter of scale and the inevitable problems associated with turning an experimental process into an industrial process, certainly nothing insurmountable and worth every bit of funds invested in it.

Oh, I completely agree it has vast potential. But not now, not within the next 10 years. It will not replace oil anytime soon.

That having been said, I believe we should indeed be spending money in some fashion to further the technology. My bet would be private industry. Grants, low interest loans, etc. However, I don;t want more Solyndra's.

Go for it.

Immie
Same here. We need a diverse set of alternatives, everything helps that takes us away from fossil fuels.

I have been laughing at obamaturd from the begining.

Forum List

Back