Atty Gen'l Hoder might be charged with Contempt of Congress

The same might be asked of House leadership, allowing committees to get so out of hand.

On Thursday evening the Justice Department formally responded to Issa’s claims and threat to move forward with the contempt resolution.
“The department strongly disputes the contention that we have failed to cooperate with the committee’s review of Operation Fast and Furious as asserted in the staff briefing paper and draft contempt of Congress resolution that the Committee released today.” Deputy Attorney General James Cole wrote in a letter today.

“Some have questioned why the department’s inspector general has received a greater number of documents than have been provided to the committee,” Cole added. “The answer lies in the fact that the Office of Inspector General, as a component of the department, is entitled in these circumstances to review material that is not appropriate for disclosure outside the department.”

As for documents the Justice Department has held back, the Justice Department official said they were “the type Justice Department’s have historically not released because it would politicize or jeopardize ongoing criminal investigations and prosecutions.”

The official added that both political parties have had existing policies that the Justice Department would not produce “internal, deliberative materials” not relevant to the investigation, or materials that occurred long after the operation had concluded.

Rep. Darrell Issa Threatens to Hold Attorney General Eric Holder in Contempt of Congress - ABC News

how much more can this country take of these chicago thugs running the country? this is nuts! all of them are getting away with crimes the rest of us would of been sent to prison for! Uhm,,,Charlie Rangel? gets away with tax evasion?

Oh. By the way. The guy's name is Holder. With an "l."

No additional disrespect intended.

Just a typo.

As to the Administration's answer: it is, of course, entirely disingenuous.

How surprising.

The same might be asked of House leadership, allowing committees to get so out of hand.

On Thursday evening the Justice Department formally responded to Issa’s claims and threat to move forward with the contempt resolution.
“The department strongly disputes the contention that we have failed to cooperate with the committee’s review of Operation Fast and Furious as asserted in the staff briefing paper and draft contempt of Congress resolution that the Committee released today.” Deputy Attorney General James Cole wrote in a letter today.

“Some have questioned why the department’s inspector general has received a greater number of documents than have been provided to the committee,” Cole added. “The answer lies in the fact that the Office of Inspector General, as a component of the department, is entitled in these circumstances to review material that is not appropriate for disclosure outside the department.”

As for documents the Justice Department has held back, the Justice Department official said they were “the type Justice Department’s have historically not released because it would politicize or jeopardize ongoing criminal investigations and prosecutions.”

The official added that both political parties have had existing policies that the Justice Department would not produce “internal, deliberative materials” not relevant to the investigation, or materials that occurred long after the operation had concluded.

Rep. Darrell Issa Threatens to Hold Attorney General Eric Holder in Contempt of Congress - ABC News
:wtf::offtopic:

damn, you know ya got nothing when the first post is an attempt the change the subject.

So a committee doing it's job and investigating has gotten "so out of hand?"

I know you may not realize this, but Congress is specifically supposed to investigate and watch over the actions and abuses of the executive branch. They are to act as a check upon the executive branch. They also have a duty to the American people to impeach or prosecute any member of the executive branch who has violated the law so that the people might be protected.

Holder's actions, either deliberately, or through wanton negligence lead to the deaths of people. If you dont think that's something that needs to be investigated, then you are just a partisan hack and an enemy to justice and liberty.

If the mainstream media focused on the 3,000 weapons shipped to Mexico the same way it covered the weapon in Zimmerman's hand the A.G. would be behind bars. The coverup is usually worse than the crime but if the media is involved in the coverup it's a done deal.

If the mainstream media focused on the 3,000 weapons shipped to Mexico the same way it covered the weapon in Zimmerman's hand the A.G. would be behind bars. The coverup is usually worse than the crime but if the media is involved in the coverup it's a done deal.

I don't know that the idiotic "Fast and Furious" plan, implementation and the blow-back would constitute criminality under all the circumstances. But it sure as hell didn't get the kind of media attention that the George Zimmerman shooting of Trayvon Martin got.

The AG should step the fuck down. Alternatively, the President should fire him.

I won't hold my breath.

I don't know that the idiotic "Fast and Furious" plan, implementation and the blow-back would constitute criminality under all the circumstances. But it sure as hell didn't get the kind of media attention that the George Zimmerman shooting of Trayvon Martin got.

I won't hold my breath.

There is always a third option. We just fire the President this November and in turn fire Holder.

I won't hold my breath.

There is always a third option. We just fire the President this November and in turn fire Holder.

But that takes too long. Holder OUGHT to be gone now.

Nevertheless, since it would be silly to hold our breath, the third option is the most likely.

either deliberately, or through wanton negligence lead to the deaths of people. If you dont think that's something that needs to be investigated, then you are just a partisan hack and an enemy to justice and liberty.

Yea and hell yea. I felt the exact same way about Iraq. Do you support a complete investagation as to how we got into Iraq? Darrell Issa where are you on Iraq?

either deliberately, or through wanton negligence lead to the deaths of people. If you dont think that's something that needs to be investigated, then you are just a partisan hack and an enemy to justice and liberty.

Yea and hell yea. I felt the exact same way about Iraq. Do you support a complete investagation as to how we got into Iraq? Darrell Issa where are you on Iraq?

Stupid analogy. President Bush didn't lie and even if you think he was wrong, it wasn't negligence when even the prior Dem President and lots of the Demo Party stalwarts were all saying it and accepting the evidence.

By contrast, Holder's "Fast and Furious" imbecility was insane from jump street.

zeke, you suck at this. Here's a nickel. Go buy a brain. Upgrade your present one. Good luck, ya moron.

Forum List

Back