Atty Gen. Holder Cleared: Fast and Furious Report Cites 14 others

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
WTF???? I thought the wingnuts were claiming this would bring down the Administration????

Atty Gen. Holder Cleared: Fast and Furious Report Cites 14 others | Liberals Unite

The long awaited “Fast and Furious” report on the U.S. government’s gun-trafficking operation, released today found no evidence that Attorney General Eric Holder had any knowledge of the botched effort to trace the flow of gun’s to Mexico’s drug cartels prior to January of 2011 when the case unraveled.

Inspector General Michael Horowitz said there is “no evidence that … Holder was informed about Operation Fast and Furious, or learned about the tactics employed by ATF in the investigation” before Congress began pressing him for information about it in early 2011. However, the report notes that fourteen law enforcement officials created a “significant danger to public safety” under Operation Fast and Furious.

Fast And Furious: Michael Horowitz, Justice Dept. Inspector General, Testifying Before House Committee

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans investigating a bungled gun-trafficking probe in Arizona see vindication in a long-awaited watchdog report that criticizes one of their favorite targets: Attorney General Eric Holder's Justice Department. But Justice's inspector general absolved Holder himself of blame.

The department's internal watchdog, Michael Horowitz, will be the only witness Thursday before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, a day after he faulted the department for misguided strategies, errors in judgment and management failures in an operation that disregarded public safety and allowed hundreds of guns to reach Mexican drug gangs.

"The inspector general's report confirms findings by Congress' investigation of a near total disregard for public safety in Operation Fast and Furious," said Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., the committee's chairman.

However, committee Republicans will have to tread carefully. The IG's report knocks down some of the many accusations Republicans have made about the Obama administration during their year-and-a-half-long investigation of the operation by the Justice Department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. In places, the report reads like a rebuttal of House Republicans' past statements.

"We found no evidence" that staff at the department or at ATF informed the attorney general about Operation Fast and Furious before 2011, the report says.

Former Acting Deputy Attorney General Gary Grindler received a briefing on Operation Fast and Furious in 2010.

"We found, however, that the briefing failed to alert Grindler to problems in the investigation," the report says.

"We found no evidence to suggest" that Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer, head of the Justice Department's criminal division, was aware that the ATF and the U.S. Attorney's Office in Arizona had adopted a strategy of not interdicting firearms, the report adds.

Still, the inspector general's report was a form of validation for the Republican-led investigation, saying lower-level officials should have briefed Holder about the investigation much earlier.

Last edited:
'Furious' report slams 'disregard' for public safety as DOJ officials quit | Fox News

A bombshell report released Wednesday on Operation Fast and Furious faulted a range of federal agencies for the failed anti-gunrunning program and accused officials in charge of a "disregard" for public safety. In the wake of the report, one Justice Department official resigned and another retired.

The sprawling report by the department's inspector general is the most comprehensive account yet on the deadly operation which allowed weapons to "walk" across the U.S.-Mexico border and resulted in hundreds of firearms turning up at crime scenes in both countries.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Inspector General's Office's report failed to discover evidence for which they specifically did not look?

This is among the problems associated with having a conflict of interest.

Raise your hand if you think the "finding" offered by the IG somehow establishes that AG Holder didn't know until February of the "potential flaws" in the program? And what does that even mean? He knew of the program and maybe operation al details but didn't get any advice about the flaws? The fucking guy runs the show but couldn't spot any "issues" himself?

Give me a fucking break.

The boss is supposed to know what his own dept is doing. If he doesn't know it's because he doesn't want to know, plausible deniability it's called. Or the guy that resigned ran an op like this without authorization or approval. Seriously, allowing guns to walk across the border? He decides on his own to do this? Don't know if it's illegal but if it isn't then it should be. Did Obama issue an official apology to Mexico for this? Much less one to Brian Terry's family.

Issa "sold" out?

To what? Responsible government?

He's a fucking crook. A bonafide..should be in jail..maserati stealling, illegal gun carrying, fire starting crook.

He should be in jail.

Another BIG FUCKING WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY BROUGHT TO YOU BY REPUBLICANS.

:mad:

Kind of a baseless complaint.

The fucking goddamned guns DID walk. Agent Terry IS dead. The program WAS fucking idiotic. There WAS a god damn political motivation (at least in part) for that moronic "program." The idiot AG did stonewall the Congressional investigation (again, at least to some degree). And now we see -- to whatever extent you choose to credit the IG's findings -- that the program WAS almost as much of a clusterfuck as has been claimed by its opponents.

So, what exactly is your whining comment all about? How is it waste of money to investigate such monumental official idiocy?

Or, are you contending that merely because (in a possible whitewash) one investigation has nominally "cleared" the AG that the whole investigation was just a waste of money?

Please.

Your comment is simply silly.

Last edited:
The boss is supposed to know what his own dept is doing. If he doesn't know it's because he doesn't want to know, plausible deniability it's called. Or the guy that resigned ran an op like this without authorization or approval. Seriously, allowing guns to walk across the border? He decides on his own to do this? Don't know if it's illegal but if it isn't then it should be. Did Obama issue an official apology to Mexico for this? Much less one to Brian Terry's family.

Well apparantly any bosses in the Barry's ensemble aren't required to know whats going on in their baliwack.

I'm sure no apology was issued to anyone.

After all Holder didn't know anything about what his own department was doing. He's only the boss. Who would let him know anything??

Thats why Barry involked EP. Because Holder didn't know what was going on.

Oh yeah. I believe that one about as much as those little green men on Mars.

So the administration investigated itself and found no guilt among the DoJ or others for gun running? Gee, that's a real fuckign shocker right there.

At work, i was told to investigate how well I was performing my job. As you can imagine, I came back with impeccable marks for myself.

The fucking goddamned guns DID walk. Agent Terry IS dead. The program WAS fucking idiotic. There WAS a god damn political motivation (at least in part) for that moronic "program." The idiot AG did stonewall the Congressional investigation (again, at least to some degree). And now we see -- to whatever extent you choose to credit the IG's findings -- that the program WAS almost as much of a clusterfuck as has been claimed by its opponents.

So, what exactly is your whining comment all about? How is it waste of money to investigate such monumental official idiocy?

Or, are you contending that merely because 9in a possible whitewash) one investigation has nominally "cleared" the AG that the whole investigation was just a waste of money?

Please.

This pretty much says it all.
End of thread.......

WTF???? I thought the wingnuts were claiming this would bring down the Administration????

Atty Gen. Holder Cleared: Fast and Furious Report Cites 14 others | Liberals Unite

The long awaited “Fast and Furious” report on the U.S. government’s gun-trafficking operation, released today found no evidence that Attorney General Eric Holder had any knowledge of the botched effort to trace the flow of gun’s to Mexico’s drug cartels prior to January of 2011 when the case unraveled.

Inspector General Michael Horowitz said there is “no evidence that … Holder was informed about Operation Fast and Furious, or learned about the tactics employed by ATF in the investigation” before Congress began pressing him for information about it in early 2011. However, the report notes that fourteen law enforcement officials created a “significant danger to public safety” under Operation Fast and Furious.

That is because we thought this was still a time when leaders were held accountable. Apparently we now excuse absent leadership.

So the administration investigated itself and found no guilt among the DoJ or others for gun running? Gee, that's a real fuckign shocker right there.

At work, i was told to investigate how well I was performing my job. As you can imagine, I came back with impeccable marks for myself.

It was CLAIMED that I once made a mistake at work. The Office had me investigate that horrifying claim. My careful investigation cleared me. But damn it, the investigation did name names. Of others.

I recommended me for a raise.

Hell, I'm thinking of amending the report to recommend me for a promotion. And I don't even work there anymore.

The admins handpicked internal investigation. Sure.

Well apparantly any bosses in the Barry's ensemble aren't required to know whats going on in their baliwack.

After all Holder didn't know anything about what his own department was doing. He's only the boss. Who would let him know anything??

Holder got emails and was sent reports, that he claims he never read.

I always thought he knew about fast and furious and if he really didn't, he was an idiot with no clue on how to manage and run the justice department.

This report shows he is incompetent.

Or, are you contending that merely because 9in a possible whitewash) one investigation has nominally "cleared" the AG that the whole investigation was just a waste of money?

Please.

They would have..and still do.."gunwalk".

Nothing has changed. Only now..no one's watching.

Holder got emails and was sent reports, that he claims he never read.

I always thought he knew about fast and furious and if he really didn't, he was an idiot with no clue on how to manage and run the justice department.

This report shows he is incompetent.

I'm not sure which would be worse, incompetent or ignorant?

Forum List

Back