Attractive and Successful African-American maintains balance exceptionally well

I found this comment interesting.

Most of the delivery management systems used by Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa John's, etc. have two comments areas: one that gets put on the receipt/box labels ("Door is behind garage") and one that is just displayed on the internal monitors ("Customer scams us for free pizza").

Methinks someone didn't realize what the difference between those two fields was.

Yeah, which begs the question, did this driver actually input that?

The comments need to be entered by someone with a manager password to the system. That means the driver did not enter it.

Domino's Delivers Racism To Your Front Door In Under 30 Minutes - The Consumerist

A woman in Apex, NC, had just taken delivery of two Domino's pizzas when her 10-year-old niece pointed out the words "N**GER DON'T TIP" at the bottom of the receipt.
Sad, and funny all at the same time. A better question is, why was the driver fired? The message was printed on the receipt tape. Do drivers normally actually print the receipts? If so, do they have the ability to add messages to the receipts while not at home base?

Also on a side note: The site where I got the story from, Fark, has a comments sections. In the comments section it was noted repeatedly that it is common knowledge that black people, on the whole, either tip poorly or not at all. Fark leans center-left (although not by a lot), has a user base that is pretty well educated, and is a place where I would not think that the users by-and-large are racist, lean racist, or display the genteel racism that some on the left display, and yet these assertions were not really challenged in the over 200+ replies. Comments here: FARK.com: (5571267) Attractive and successful comment on receipt gets pizza delivery driver fired

Having never worked in the food service, or tip based jobs, is this actually true?

I heard that a lot when I was a Dominoid, but some of my best tips came out of the local projects, and I would always jump at the chance to deliver there. On the other hand, I used to have to explain to my girlfriend that we should tip a waitress because their take home is dependent on tips.

If you pay by credit card the driver is responsible for what is on the receipt.

I find your thread title offense but I really can't put my finger on why that is....

How do you figure, if the driver didn't print the receipt? I would agree with partially responsible, but not solely.

I'm simply complimenting someone on their fine sense of equilibrium in the thread title.
Have you ever ordered pizza and paid with a credit card? The drivers have little hand held machines that they swipe your card into and print you out a receipt.

When is your town going to move into the 21st century? Domino's takes credit cards over the phone or online now.

How do you figure, if the driver didn't print the receipt? I would agree with partially responsible, but not solely.

I'm simply complimenting someone on their fine sense of equilibrium in the thread title.
Have you ever ordered pizza and paid with a credit card? The drivers have little hand held machines that they swipe your card into and print you out a receipt.

When is your town going to move into the 21st century? Domino's takes credit cards over the phone or online now.
:lol: I was thinking the same thing about Radio's town...it is more convenient for the driver to have the ability to accept credit/debit/whatever cards. Often the person that orders the pizza changes his or her mind on payment options.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing about Radio's town...it is more convenient for the driver to have the ability to accept credit/debit/whatever cards. Often the person that orders the pizza changes his or her mind on payment options.

Here is something for you to think about.

When that driver swipes your card in that reader, he could actually be stealing your card data in order to sell it to criminals, or buy himself a house full of new electronics and a lazyboy.

my experience when i was a Pizza Hut driver, was that Christians with tons of bumper stickers all over their cars were the worst tippers

Here is something for you to think about.

When that driver swipes your card in that reader, he could actually be stealing your card data in order to sell it to criminals, or buy himself a house full of new electronics and a lazyboy.
So could the cashier on the other end of the phone. :cuckoo:

Must be a Georgia thing. That isn't how it works in my neighborhood.

*Shrug*

Same thing happens when I pay cash. The receipt is taped to the box at the store and the driver just delivers it. He has nothing to do with the printing of it.

It was that way in Florida as well when I lived there. And I can remember when I have traveled on business and ordered pizza it was also the same....lemme think.....St Louis....Tennessee (Bristol)....and Pennsylvania....those are the places that did it the same way that I can remember.

FWIW, I do not believe I have ever seen it where the driver prints the receipt at the time of the "handoff".
You'll just have to take my word for it that that is the way it works in my neighborhood.

I wonder if the driver was Dr. Laura? I heard she was looking for a new job.

Oh, I believe you. I just wonder if the mobile device allows the capability for the driver to input anything they want at the bottom of the receipt.

Yeah, but think about this.

If you get payment ahead of time before the driver even leaves the store, it's less likely that the store will get stiffed for the pizza when the driver arrives and everyone goes "No, we didn't order any pizza".

Side note: When I was younger (mid-20's) I was guilty of doing that to a chinese restaurant...sorta. Was out of town for something, with a couple of other people, in a hotel. Ordered from the place and then it took 2 hours to get the food. And it was cold. And we were only about 3 miles from the place according to the little map on the menu in the room. Tried to complain to the driver, and either really didn't speak English, or was pretending not to pretty damn well. So I paid the driver, he left. We went to go sit down to eat, and it was the wrong food. Tried to call the restaurant, but as soon as they determined that I was complaining and not placing an order, they pretended to not understand English very well either.

At this point, I'm pissed. And being the brash 23 or 24 year old I am, me and my buds decide to get even. Since the place might recognize my voice, had one of the others call the place and order....a lot. I mean a ton. Total came up to over $120 in take out chinese. We told them to deliver it to hotel room 1234....which was across the hall from us. Well, it got there about 30 minutes later (huh...they could be pretty quick for a big order, but not so quick for only $20 worth of food). We watched the guy knock on that door for a while...no one answered (I think it was empty). He then started to knock on other doors asking if anyone else had ordered chinese. No one did. He never knocked on our door though. Probably because he knew I would complain about my original order I guess.

I know, CSB. And I was an asshole. I wouldn't do such a thing now. I am a little more grown up about such things (although not by much).

My wife was a waitress for awhile and her experience with black people was completely negative. Even the black servers did not want black customers. Black customers were most likely to try and get a free meal with complaints and rarely left tips and were often very rude.

Even the black servers did not want black customers. Black customers were most likely to try and get a free meal with complaints and rarely left tips and were often very rude.

Reminds me of how BLACK MALE cab drivers do not want to pick up BLACK MALE passengers in NYC... they know they'll get robbed.

Racist, sure. But reality.

Forum List

Back