Attraction question

mom4 said:
You make me want to give you a great big hug, Pale. :D I'm pretty romantic, myself. I certainly believe that some people are more suited for each other than others, that there is one person out there who is best suited for each individual.

Well I'll take a "virtual hug"... ;)

mom4 said:
But I also believe that, once someone makes the choice to marry, she should honor her committment (as long as the situation isn't abusive). Especially if there are children involved.

Otherwise, every rough patch would end in divorce. There are times when the feelings fade, or go away all together. But, if the people involved act with unselfishness and good will, it should inspire gratitude and caring; these feelings can reignite passionate, tender feelings which were thought to be lost forever.

I'm not trying to put down your opinion, Pale. My heart agrees with you wholly. But my head just won't allow for it to stand.

The story of my life: My Heart :bangheads My Head

And I wasn't trying to put down your opinion either mom, really. I think our opinions differ basically because of our different life experiences. I think being in love could be complicated, I just don't like it to be. And I can agree that there's going to be little road bumps along the way, but for me, if I ever DIDN'T love someone anymore, and I knew for a fact the feeling was mutual, I'd bail. Now if kids were involved, that's a different story. I have to agree that staying together for the sake of the kids is necessary. Took two to make 'em, should be takes the same two to raise 'em.

mom4 said:
Love shouldd be easy, but it isn't, not for the long haul. There are always problems, always times when people are selfish. Real love is sticking it out, even when the feelings aren't there (I'm not talking about abusive situations; I'm talking about people who say they just aren't "in love" any more). If two people can stick it out, work for each other's benefit, ACT in a loving manner toward each other, dead feelings can be resurrected, along with deeper trust and gratitude for weathering the storms of life.

I"m not sure what you mean by "dead feelings", but otherwise I agree with you.

Marriage can be hard sometimes..with kids, jobs and other stresses, IMO divorces happen to often because people expect marriage to be easy all the time and when they hit a rough patch they give up.

I've never not been in love with my husband, but I have felt out of touch sometimes, like we're not communicating as well as we should be. The power of date night or mom and dad only walks shouldn't be scoffed at.:kiss2:

Trigg said:
I"m not sure what you mean by "dead feelings", but otherwise I agree with you.

Marriage can be hard sometimes..with kids, jobs and other stresses, IMO divorces happen to often because people expect marriage to be easy all the time and when they hit a rough patch they give up.

I've never not been in love with my husband, but I have felt out of touch sometimes, like we're not communicating as well as we should be. The power of date night or mom and dad only walks shouldn't be scoffed at.:kiss2:
ABSOLUTELY necessary to have alone times as a couple. :beer:

What I meant by dead "feelings" is lack of attraction, interest, even bitterness, anger, anything the exact opposite of what you feel like when you're "in love." Those feelings can change; "in love" feelings can be restored.

You're VERY lucky to have never not been in love with your husband. :)

mom4 said:
ABSOLUTELY necessary to have alone times as a couple. :beer:

What I meant by dead "feelings" is lack of attraction, interest, even bitterness, anger, anything the exact opposite of what you feel like when you're "in love." Those feelings can change; "in love" feelings can be restored.

You're VERY lucky to have never not been in love with your husband. :)

WOW....well I see what your saying now.

I have said that, since we have kids, if he were to cheat I would try to work things out. That's the only time I could see myself having anger and bitterness in our relationship. I've seen couples work through this, but it would be hard.

*knocking on wood that this never happens* I have a pretty great husband

Trigg said:
WOW....well I see what your saying now.

I have said that, since we have kids, if he were to cheat I would try to work things out. That's the only time I could see myself having anger and bitterness in our relationship. I've seen couples work through this, but it would be hard.

*knocking on wood that this never happens* I have a pretty great husband
Seems like he has a pretty great wife. :)

Forum List

Back