Attraction question

Bonnie said:
LOL you are truly an enigma. Sounds like God provided well to you indeed. Any man that can keep you distracted from world events for three hours is a god send :D

At some point in ones life we all could probably use a much needed sigh of relief in the compatability department I think. :crutch: :coffee3:
I know, I was born one! :dunno: Just happened. Well my parents were a bit of newshounds, but not quite so obsessive. ;)

There are more than a few good men around, I mean other than here of course!

Kathianne said:
I know, I was born one! :dunno: Just happened. Well my parents were a bit of newshounds, but not quite so obsessive. ;)

There are more than a few good men around, I mean other than here of course!

Very true! BTW I actually played Texas hold em in AC, did okay but I still need my day job. :smoke: :p:

Powerman said:
I'd love to ask you out but you're a message board moderator.

That's a deal breaker in my book

Of course I'm just kiddin

Well shucks it's lonely as a mod :laugh:

Bonnie said:
Im not completely convinced it's purely IQ driven though as you could be attracted to someone that perhaps isn't as educated as you but certainly as acomplished, or someone that may not have as much education as you, but has great mental abilities. I would say it's more about what each person brings to the table.

Well IQ and education level attainment have less to do with one another than those without those higher degrees would think. There are plenty of Phd's that are less intelligent than some of my friends without bachelor degrees. I really don't know anyone without a high school degree, but I'm sure there are some that would beat out those Phd's too.

To me, interesting is someone who reads the daily paper, understands what it says and challenges those things that grab their interests. It's someone that cares what is happening in our schools, courthouses, assemblies, and homes. They care about our military and whether or not our government is protecting them and us.

I think I'll shut up now.

Bonnie said:
Im not completely convinced it's purely IQ driven though as you could be attracted to someone that perhaps isn't as educated as you but certainly as acomplished, or someone that may not have as much education as you, but has great mental abilities. I would say it's more about what each person brings to the table.

You would be correct.

But there is generally a correlation between intellect, education level, and accomplishments.

Honestly...how many medical doctors do you think are married to people without a college(or at least some post highschool) education?

I would say the number would probably be VERY low.

Kathianne said:
Well IQ and education level attainment have less to do with one another than those without those higher degrees would think. There are plenty of Phd's that are less intelligent than some of my friends without bachelor degrees. I really don't know anyone without a high school degree, but I'm sure there are some that would beat out those Phd's too.

To me, interesting is someone who reads the daily paper, understands what it says and challenges those things that grab their interests. It's someone that cares what is happening in our schools, courthouses, assemblies, and homes. They care about our military and whether or not our government is protecting them and us.

I think I'll shut up now.

PHDs aren't always geniuses like you said...but I would say that if you took a random sample of PHDs and an equal number of people who don't have a college education, the PHDs would be crushingly more intelligent.

ETA: And if you like people that are into the news then you'd LOVE me.

I probably read at least 30 pages worth of news articles a day if not more than that.

Powerman said:
You would be correct.

But there is generally a correlation between intellect, education level, and accomplishments.

Honestly...how many medical doctors do you think are married to people without a college(or at least some post highschool) education?

I would say the number would probably be VERY low.

That's probably true, I would attribute that partly to circle of people you are exposed to due to your work environment. I do think it's natural for people to be drawn to others they find intellectually stimulating.

Powerman said:
PHDs aren't always geniuses like you said...but I would say that if you took a random sample of PHDs and an equal number of people who don't have a college education, the PHDs would be crushingly more intelligent.

ETA: And if you like people that are into the news then you'd LOVE me.

I probably read at least 30 pages worth of news articles a day if not more than that.

Truly, I'm not so sure. Seems to me those that attain a higher education level are more attuned to 'playing the education game' and have the income sources/knowledge of how to finance such down.

They like and know how to be students, certainly they are curious. They then go onto teach or become cocktail circut pundits.

Most of my good friends have their Phd's and are well aware of their inadequacies. ;) Can they be pompous? Sure. Sheepskins are great for hiding other flaws.

Bonnie said:
Hey kathianne who's your new friend?? :laugh:
I don't know. I used to know a Powerman, then he left. This one that has returned? :swoon: :laugh: j/k

I'm not so sure it's as much opposites as it is complimentary. I think most of us have realized, at least subconsciously, the areas of life that we excel at, and those that we do not. I think that, often, success with a mate is dependant on finding the person who fills your gaps with the right amount of finesse and timing so as to "complete you" without making you feel inadequate.

Now THAT is a sentence dmp can have a field day with. :D

However, I also think too often laziness overtakes the quest for such a person.

The ClayTaurus said:
I'm not so sure it's as much opposites as it is complimentary. I think most of us have realized, at least subconsciously, the areas of life that we excel at, and those that we do not. I think that, often, success with a mate is dependant on finding the person who fills your gaps with the right amount of finesse and timing so as to "complete you" without making you feel inadequate.

Now THAT is a sentence dmp can have a field day with. :D

However, I also think too often laziness overtakes the quest for such a person.

Wow you should be on Oprah :D

Hobbit said:
Not a deal breaker for me. So, whatcha doin' Friday night?

Just remember, opposites attract, and you're a Yankee.

;)

Are you flirting with me? :p:

I may be a Yankee but I do have some of that gentile southern woman in me as well ;)

opposites attract....but it gets dull.....

i married my best friend.....it is very hard work....she is just like me.....but with a great rack

Forum List

Back