Attorney Sanctions Upheld in 9/11 Conspiracy Case

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
From yesterday's new york law journal:

Sanctions against two attorneys who insist that former Vice President Dick Cheney and former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld caused the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks have been upheld by a unanimous panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit that refused to disqualify itself from the case.

Dennis Cunningham and co-counsel William W. Veale were ordered on Feb. 2 to pay a total of $15,000 in addition to double what the government spent defending against their lawsuit.

In addition, the judges in Gallop v. Cheney, 10-1241-cv, ordered Mr. Cunningham to notify federal courts in the circuit about the sanctions against him when appearing before them for the next year.

http://www.newyorklawjournal.com/PubArticleNY.jsp?id=1202541246402

Last edited:
dismissing April Gallop's complaint as "cynical delusion and fantasy"

Ok... loved that ^^

The conspiracy's get a bit think at times.

true dat. i wonder what the troofers on the board will say when they find out they've been smacked down.

the sanctions had to hurt. but they were deserved.

I hope the sanction hurt.....hopefully it will lesson frivolous nutcase law suits.

I love this too....:lol:

In addition, the judges in Gallop v. Cheney, 10-1241-cv, ordered Mr. Cunningham to notify federal courts in the circuit about the sanctions against him when appearing before them for the next year.

Sometimes a ding to the pride is worse then one to the pocketbook....

dismissing April Gallop's complaint as "cynical delusion and fantasy"

Ok... loved that ^^

true dat. i wonder what the troofers on the board will say when they find out they've been smacked down.

Isn't that Orly Taitz nutbar also getting sanctioned along similar lines?

Ok... loved that ^^

I hope the sanction hurt.....hopefully it will lesson frivolous nutcase law suits.

no doubt. it also makes any case he brings before the court for the next year look questionable.

i've never heard of a sanction like that. but i'm liking its creativity.

no doubt. it also makes any case he brings before the court for the next year look questionable.

i've never heard of a sanction like that. but i'm liking its creativity.

Me either. Which is why i think it will hurt more then the monetary sanction.

Actually, lots of attorney sanctions come with a reporting requirement.

I once tried a case against an out of state lawyer who failed to disclose to the NY Court that he'd been sanctioned (the preceding year) in New Joisey. His failure to report that COULD have garnered him ANOTHER sanction.

(It didn't, though. He claimed oversight and delay, not a refusal to disclose.)

Ok... loved that ^^

Isn't that Orly Taitz nutbar also getting sanctioned along similar lines?

i think she got hit for about $20,000. I don't know if the nutbar has paid yet.

I once tried a case against an out of state lawyer who failed to disclose to the NY Court that he'd been sanctioned (the preceding year) in New Joisey. His failure to report that COULD have garnered him ANOTHER sanction.

i had no idea... luckily.

not sure how it would be an oversight. they were generous with him, no?

More than you might imagine. He had applied for admission pro hac vice to represent the murdering sow. Not only did theCourt not sanction him for the "oops" oversight on his application, but the judge also didn't deny him the temporary admission.

His client wasn't so lucky. He promptly plead her out to the Indictment, without a promise.

The sentencing was so severe, when it got handed down, that the Appellate Division had to modify it a bit.

A cracker jack lawyer he was not.

More than you might imagine. He had applied for admission pro hac vice to represent the murdering sow. Not only did theCourt not sanction him for the "oops" oversight on his application, but the judge also didn't deny him the temporary admission.

His client wasn't so lucky. He promptly plead her out to the Indictment, without a promise.

The sentencing was so severe, when it got handed down, that the Appellate Division had to modify it a bit.

A cracker jack lawyer he was not.

and the defendant imported him in from out of state?

apparently, she was not only guilty, she was stupid.

the lawyer was probably one of her relatives.

Forum List

Back