Attorney General Holder: U.S. should automatically register voters

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
(Reuters) - Attorney General Eric Holder said on Tuesday that U.S. election officials should register eligible voters automatically and take steps to reduce the long lines Americans encountered in national elections on November 6.
In a speech in Boston, Holder became the highest-ranking official to call for voting changes since President Barack Obama expressed exasperation with the hours-long lines during his re-election victory speech last night.

"Modern technology provides ways to address many of the problems that impede the efficient administration of elections," Holder said.

The United States has a patchwork election system, relying on local officials in 50 states and the District of Columbia to process the paperwork needed to register - without the use of a national ID card that some other democracies use.

U.S. should automatically register voters: attorney general | Reuters

Gotta Social Security Card?

You get automatically registered. Provide proof of residence at the polling place and you get to vote. Not too hard.

when I hear Repubs making the argument about "Big Government" or "More Government", but when it comes to female reproduction they don't have a problem with Government being bigger than life and all up in the vagina...:lol:

Daveman gonna Dave.

I am absofuckinlutely correct.
Maybe if you threaten to hold your breath until you turn blue, I'll be convinced. :lol:

I don't want anyone's vote suppressed. At the same time, I don't want people who are ineligible to vote voting.

The left opposes efforts to prevent that.

Nope. Efforts to prevent that have been wholly successful. You must have missed that part.

Daveman gonna Dave.

I am absofuckinlutely correct.
Maybe if you threaten to hold your breath until you turn blue, I'll be convinced. :lol:

I don't want anyone's vote suppressed. At the same time, I don't want people who are ineligible to vote voting.

The left opposes efforts to prevent that.

How many eligible voters are you willing to take the ballot away from to make sure one ineligible voter is kept out?

when I hear Repubs making the argument about "Big Government" or "More Government", but when it comes to female reproduction they don't have a problem with Government being bigger than life and all up in the vagina...:lol:

I concur

Forum List

Back