Attorney General Eric Holder--in trouble again--this time over gun ownership.

sorry, no, i was making the point that all governments lie when it's convenient to do so, and that this is an instance in which the mexican govt is doing so.

i need more coffee.

ah...fair enough. iin that case we agree.

and maybe i need more coffee, too. :lol:

fridays can be like that

heh...true dat! cheers!

praline-coffee-sl-521838-l.jpg

Really?

"With the caliber and style of weaponry used and the volume moving across the border into cartel hands, we can see the murderous intent of the cartels," said Julie Myers, head of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "It's time for the good guys to take control of the environment."

Dewey Webb, special agent-in-charge of the Houston office of the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, said the new operation will help provide firmer data on how many weapons are being bought legally or otherwise and moved across the border.

"Right now, we know Texas is the No. 1 source of weapons smuggled into Mexico, with most of them coming from Houston and Dallas," Mr. Webb said. They're bought "by 'straw purchasers' who act as buyers for the cartels."

One of the ATF's biggest cases in Dallas involved a security guard whom agents documented buying 152 firearms, including 78 Romanian-made assault rifles, at a Mesquite gun store over four months in 2003.

Like I said to Oreo, read up before you post. Apparently Calder knows more than Oreo.

Really?

"With the caliber and style of weaponry used and the volume moving across the border into cartel hands, we can see the murderous intent of the cartels," said Julie Myers, head of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. "It's time for the good guys to take control of the environment."

Dewey Webb, special agent-in-charge of the Houston office of the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, said the new operation will help provide firmer data on how many weapons are being bought legally or otherwise and moved across the border.

"Right now, we know Texas is the No. 1 source of weapons smuggled into Mexico, with most of them coming from Houston and Dallas," Mr. Webb said. They're bought "by 'straw purchasers' who act as buyers for the cartels."

One of the ATF's biggest cases in Dallas involved a security guard whom agents documented buying 152 firearms, including 78 Romanian-made assault rifles, at a Mesquite gun store over four months in 2003.

Like I said to Oreo, read up before you post. Apparently Calder knows more than Oreo.

i'm sure calder, whoever he is, is well informed. i doubt very much that a security guard bought 78 fully automatic assault rifles. keep swinging, ray.

I guess you read what you want and ignore the rest.:confused:

You are denying that a significant amount of weapons are smuggled into mexico from the US?

I guess you read what you want and ignore the rest.:confused:

You are denying that a significant amount of weapons are smuggled into mexico from the US?

define significant first, and then we'll talk about how the mexican govt is complicit in the smuggling and maybe we'll round out with how mexico's problems are just that, mexico's problems. how's that sound?

define significant first, and then we'll talk about how the mexican govt is complicit in the smuggling and maybe we'll round out with how mexico's problems are just that, mexico's problems. how's that sound?

You define it.

What bullshit. I am not defending the fucking mexican government. I am not saying our government is involved. I made a statement that refuted the statement made by oreo that guns weren't being smuggled into mexico from the US. They are.

How's that sound.

Define sex while you're at it.:lol:

Lord knows we owe Mexico a lot of favors, especially when it has to do with the 2nd Amendment. Why don't we give the Mexicans our country and be done with it? Oh, right. We already have.

well just about were i am at......the mayor of LA,might just as well be the mayor of Mexico City,he sees no difference,he caters to the illegals,over his own constituents,but then that is getting to be par for S.Cal.....(its part of the plan....no one is supposed to know,so...:eusa_shhh:...dont let this get out).....

6,000 Mexicans were killed in the drug war last year....

The Mexican government's crackdown on the cartels has resulted in a quasi war in which the rich drug gangs are fighting back with increasingly more sophisticated and powerful weapons. "Half of what we seize, 55 percent, are assault rifles…over 17,000 assault rifles, throughout the last two years," says Mexico's Attorney General Eduardo Medina-Mora. "Two thousand and 200 grenades, missile and rocket launchers, .50-cal sniper rifles," says Medina Mora.

The vast majority of these guns - 90 percent - are being purchased just over the border in the U.S. Medina-Mora wants this stopped. "The Second Amendment was never designed to arm criminal groups, especially not foreign criminal groups," says Medina-Mora. "We believe that much more needs to be done. We need a much more committed effort from the U.S.," he says.

Napolitano On The War In Mexico - CBS News
Chris this is the Mexican govt blaming the US for their inability to handle the Cartels,which their previous govts let get out of hand....if they are confiscating that many weapons the Mexican army is getting a good return for their efforts......Mexico is no different than Hugo Chavez....if something aint going right,blame it on the GRINGOS.....and the sad part is,our govt,as well as MANY CITIZENS,buy this shit,and goes along with them,INSTEAD of setting them straight.....90% are not coming from the north.....try the southern Mex. border.....much easier to buy the officials there.....

Nowhere in the article does it say the assault rifles are automatic. But I had no doubt you would deny the reality of the situation. What is sad is that 6,000 people were killed last year because of this and you don't give a shit.

it's called the second amendment. don't like it? move to fucking canada with Yukon.

lewinsky

The second amendment is about a well-regulated militia.

Key words...."well-regulated."

Keeping powerful military weapons out of the hands of criminals is very important. But gun lovers don't care about deaths of 6,000 people or the near destruction of Mexican society because they have no empathy for the suffering of others. That's why they keep losing elections.
GEEZUS Chris your making me cry.....:(.......what should we do Chris .....police Mexico because their fucking corrupt govt cant?......

Really?

sorry Ray but just like the Mex. Govt.,the ATF is not to credible in the numbers that they put forth.....if that example was one of their biggest cases,than 90% of the guns are not coming from the US......

It's happening right here in Central Florida. Only six years ago, officers in Orlando and Orange County seized 15 high-powered AK-47s and AR-15s. Four years later, that number grew to 79, a jump of more than 400 percent.

These guns are not in the hands of good people trying to protect themselves. No one is trying to trample on Second Amendment rights.

But there do not seem to be many examples where honest citizens stopped a crime, or caught a criminal, by brandishing an AK-47 or some similar brand of assault rifle. However, there are too many examples of the opposite -- criminals using these weapons to kill people or law-enforcement officers.

The latest one occurred in Miami last week, when an unknown assailant fired an AK-47 into a crowd of teenagers, murdering two youths and wounding seven others.

Sound familiar? Last October, two killers fired 58 rounds from two AK-47s during a gunfight in Pine Hills that left two men dead.

Orlando Police Chief Val Demings has seen enough. Getting guns off the streets is one of her top priorities. The same holds true for Jerry Demings, recently elected sheriff in Orange County.

Their challenge is daunting: Almost 10 illegal guns a day are seized in this community.

The lines between a legal and an illegal gun are blurry. In Florida, guns are readily available to anyone without a criminal record. But guns routinely end up in the hands of criminals. All it takes is a "straw purchase," when a friend or relative buys a gun for a criminal.

It's time to make some of that more-potent firepower illegal -- period.

After the latest incident in Miami, Police Chief John Timoney said that the percentage of homicides involving assault weapons jumped to 29 percent of all shooting fatalities in 2008. Mr. Timoney implored Congress to reinstate the ban.

We think: A renewed federal assault weapons ban is long overdue -- OrlandoSentinel.com

It's happening right here in Central Florida. Only six years ago, officers in Orlando and Orange County seized 15 high-powered AK-47s and AR-15s. Four years later, that number grew to 79, a jump of more than 400 percent.

These guns are not in the hands of good people trying to protect themselves. No one is trying to trample on Second Amendment rights.

But there do not seem to be many examples where honest citizens stopped a crime, or caught a criminal, by brandishing an AK-47 or some similar brand of assault rifle. However, there are too many examples of the opposite -- criminals using these weapons to kill people or law-enforcement officers.

The latest one occurred in Miami last week, when an unknown assailant fired an AK-47 into a crowd of teenagers, murdering two youths and wounding seven others.

Sound familiar? Last October, two killers fired 58 rounds from two AK-47s during a gunfight in Pine Hills that left two men dead.

Orlando Police Chief Val Demings has seen enough. Getting guns off the streets is one of her top priorities. The same holds true for Jerry Demings, recently elected sheriff in Orange County.

Their challenge is daunting: Almost 10 illegal guns a day are seized in this community.

The lines between a legal and an illegal gun are blurry. In Florida, guns are readily available to anyone without a criminal record. But guns routinely end up in the hands of criminals. All it takes is a "straw purchase," when a friend or relative buys a gun for a criminal.

It's time to make some of that more-potent firepower illegal -- period.

After the latest incident in Miami, Police Chief John Timoney said that the percentage of homicides involving assault weapons jumped to 29 percent of all shooting fatalities in 2008. Mr. Timoney implored Congress to reinstate the ban.

We think: A renewed federal assault weapons ban is long overdue -- OrlandoSentinel.com

let me make sure i understand, kirky.

criminals, people who ignore the laws of the land routinely, use guns that they've obatained illegally to commit crimes, and your solution is to pass more laws.

damn, you really are stupid.

Military style assault weapons have no legitimate use.

They need to be banned.

We don't let people own RPGs.

This is no different.

Military style assault weapons have no legitimate use.

They need to be banned.

We don't let people own RPGs.

This is no different.

at the risk of repeating myself, you really are stupid.

criminals ignore the law with the same frequency with which you ignore reality.

pinhead.

it's called the second amendment. don't like it? move to fucking canada with Yukon.

lewinsky

The second amendment is about a well-regulated militia.

Key words...."well-regulated."

Keeping powerful military weapons out of the hands of criminals is very important. But gun lovers don't care about deaths of 6,000 people or the near destruction of Mexican society because they have no empathy for the suffering of others. That's why they keep losing elections.
GEEZUS Chris your making me cry.....:(.......what should we do Chris .....police Mexico because their fucking corrupt govt cant?......

oh nay dear dresden,, we the us of kka must not interfere with other soverign countries... :lol::eusa_pray:

6,000 Mexicans were killed in the drug war last year....

The Mexican government's crackdown on the cartels has resulted in a quasi war in which the rich drug gangs are fighting back with increasingly more sophisticated and powerful weapons. "Half of what we seize, 55 percent, are assault rifles…over 17,000 assault rifles, throughout the last two years," says Mexico's Attorney General Eduardo Medina-Mora. "Two thousand and 200 grenades, missile and rocket launchers, .50-cal sniper rifles," says Medina Mora.

The vast majority of these guns - 90 percent - are being purchased just over the border in the U.S. Medina-Mora wants this stopped. "The Second Amendment was never designed to arm criminal groups, especially not foreign criminal groups," says Medina-Mora. "We believe that much more needs to be done. We need a much more committed effort from the U.S.," he says.

Napolitano On The War In Mexico - CBS News

So are we selling rockets, grenades & rocket launchers too? They are not getting fully automatic assault rifles from the United States. They have been banned since 1986!

If they're getting grenades, rockets & rocket launchers, I imagine they're also getting their fully automatic assault rifles from the same source. And it's not the United States.

Nowhere in the article does it say the assault rifles are automatic. But I had no doubt you would deny the reality of the situation. What is sad is that 6,000 people were killed last year because of this and you don't give a shit.

YOU REFUSE to answer--where are they getting the rocket launchers, the rockets & grenades that you stated they're using? Are you insinuating that they're getting those weapons from us? You also refuse to ANSWER why Mexico will not release any of the serial numbers from these guns that YOU state they got from us.

Until you do, your statement of they're getting weapons from us--will not be taken seriously.

Further more, this thread is about what our new Attorney General stated--"fully automatic weapons"--that he ignorantly never knew where banned more than 20 years ago.

Forum List

Back