Attorney General Eric Holder--in trouble again--this time over gun ownership.

6,000 Mexicans were killed in the drug war last year....

The Mexican government's crackdown on the cartels has resulted in a quasi war in which the rich drug gangs are fighting back with increasingly more sophisticated and powerful weapons. "Half of what we seize, 55 percent, are assault rifles…over 17,000 assault rifles, throughout the last two years," says Mexico's Attorney General Eduardo Medina-Mora. "Two thousand and 200 grenades, missile and rocket launchers, .50-cal sniper rifles," says Medina Mora.

The vast majority of these guns - 90 percent - are being purchased just over the border in the U.S. Medina-Mora wants this stopped. "The Second Amendment was never designed to arm criminal groups, especially not foreign criminal groups," says Medina-Mora. "We believe that much more needs to be done. We need a much more committed effort from the U.S.," he says.

Napolitano On The War In Mexico - CBS News

Can we say BORDER FENCE? Yes we can !!!

um, didnt anyone else notice that fully auto weapons have been illegal in this country for at least half a century

Nowhere in the article does it say the assault rifles are automatic. But I had no doubt you would deny the reality of the situation. What is sad is that 6,000 people were killed last year because of this and you don't give a shit.

it's called the second amendment. don't like it? move to fucking canada with Yukon.

lewinsky

The second amendment is about a well-regulated militia.

Key words...."well-regulated."

Keeping powerful military weapons out of the hands of criminals is very important. But gun lovers don't care about deaths of 6,000 people or the near destruction of Mexican society because they have no empathy for the suffering of others. That's why they keep losing elections.

The Supreme Court recently ruled that the 2nd Amendment is a PERSONAL RIGHT. So much for your argument. As for Holder he does not have the authority or the power to BAN anything. It takes an act of Congress to do that.

um, didnt anyone else notice that fully auto weapons have been illegal in this country for at least half a century

You are wrong. Automatic weapons are only illegal in 17 States last I checked. One must pay for and receive a Federal License to buy and possess a fully automatic weapon. Last I heard that is 800 dollars. Also one must keep the Department of the Treasury informed at all times where the weapon is stored and I believe if you plan to transport it over night anywhere. And you have to ensure you never transport it through a State where it is illegal.

You are wrong. Automatic weapons are only illegal in 17 States last I checked. One must pay for and receive a Federal License to buy and possess a fully automatic weapon. Last I heard that is 800 dollars. Also one must keep the Department of the Treasury informed at all times where the weapon is stored and I believe if you plan to transport it over night anywhere. And you have to ensure you never transport it through a State where it is illegal.
i was under the impression that the sale(not the possession of) fully auto weapons has been illegal since the days of prohibition

illegal....not at all...but you will have a devil of a time getting a license to buy and sell them...much easier to sell semis and then convert them.

http://www.hackcanada.com/ice3/misc/ak47mod.txt

took 8 secs or so to find a website on how to convert...

Materials Needed:

1 AK-47
1 twist-tie
and lots of ammunition

How to Convert Semi-Auto Uzi? Get Uzi Conversion Manual!

for those with an uzi...of course this is all highly illegal and i would not advise anyone to do it....but look how easy it is to do...

i think there are several firearms acts...i understand the auto is legal with license but that the state license agency...aft...are not handling them out that easily...

Oreo, read up a little more before you post:

The high-powered guns used in both incidents on the evening of Sept. 24 undoubtedly came from the United States, say police here, who estimate that 100 percent of drug-related killings are committed with smuggled U.S. weapons.

The guns pass into Mexico through the "ant trail," the nickname for the steady stream of people who each slip two or three weapons across the border every day. The "ants" -- along with larger smuggling operations -- are feeding a rapidly expanding arms race between Mexican drug cartels.

The U.S. weapons -- as many as 2,000 enter Mexico each day, according to a Mexican government study -- are crucial tools in an astoundingly barbaric war between rival cartels that has cost 4,000 lives in the past 18 months and sent law enforcement agencies

Bang-Bang

More low level whining from the losing side.:eusa_liar:

One more example of a Mexican official telling us how we should run our nation. Also, I just can't tell you how thrilled I am that we have an AG who thinks that our Constitution is the reason Mexico can't police itself.

The funny thing is that the US and Canada are the only nations in the western hemisphere that take Mexico seriously. Latin America looks down on Mexicans. They are seen as pretentious (unless they're good at soccer, then they're "valued additions to the community"). Maybe the reason Mexico likes to criticize America is because we are the only ones who will listen to them. Please join me in initiating the "Hey Mexico, why don't you just STFU?" movement.

Holder's recent comments on several issues indicate to me that he desperately needs to get out of the country and see how the world really works.

If the District of Columbia was on the Mexican border this nation's leadership would have taken care of the Mexican drug cartel problem a long long time ago, I'll wager.

Oreo, read up a little more before you post:

The high-powered guns used in both incidents on the evening of Sept. 24 undoubtedly came from the United States, say police here, who estimate that 100 percent of drug-related killings are committed with smuggled U.S. weapons.

The guns pass into Mexico through the "ant trail," the nickname for the steady stream of people who each slip two or three weapons across the border every day. The "ants" -- along with larger smuggling operations -- are feeding a rapidly expanding arms race between Mexican drug cartels.

The U.S. weapons -- as many as 2,000 enter Mexico each day, according to a Mexican government study -- are crucial tools in an astoundingly barbaric war between rival cartels that has cost 4,000 lives in the past 18 months and sent law enforcement agencies

Bang-Bang

More low level whining from the losing side.:eusa_liar:

:rofl:

the mexican government is renowned for its honesty and truthfulness, just like ours.

asshat.

the mexican government is renowned for its honesty and truthfulness, just like ours.

asshat.

we're renowned for our honesty and truthfulness?

people in Chile and other parts of South America might beg to differ.

Governments are governments.... they all say what they need to when they choose to. Doesn't mean everything they say is a lie or everything they say is the truth.

asshat.

Governments are governments.... they all say what they need to when they choose to. Doesn't mean everything they say is a lie or everything they say is the truth.

that whirring sound is my point going over your head, i guess.

6,000 Mexicans were killed in the drug war last year....

The Mexican government's crackdown on the cartels has resulted in a quasi war in which the rich drug gangs are fighting back with increasingly more sophisticated and powerful weapons. "Half of what we seize, 55 percent, are assault rifles…over 17,000 assault rifles, throughout the last two years," says Mexico's Attorney General Eduardo Medina-Mora. "Two thousand and 200 grenades, missile and rocket launchers, .50-cal sniper rifles," says Medina Mora.

The vast majority of these guns - 90 percent - are being purchased just over the border in the U.S. Medina-Mora wants this stopped. "The Second Amendment was never designed to arm criminal groups, especially not foreign criminal groups," says Medina-Mora. "We believe that much more needs to be done. We need a much more committed effort from the U.S.," he says.

Napolitano On The War In Mexico - CBS News

Mexico needs to do a better job keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of criminals in their country. This is not a US problem. This is a Mexican problem.

asshat.

might be...although i'd probably have spoken to you differently. :eusa_whistle:

i figured you were making a point about the difference between mexico and the u.s. by using sarcasm.

no?

might be...although i'd probably have spoken to you differently. :eusa_whistle:

i figured you were making a point about the difference between mexico and the u.s. by using sarcasm.

no?

sorry, no, i was making the point that all governments lie when it's convenient to do so, and that this is an instance in which the mexican govt is doing so.

i need more coffee.

Forum List

Back