ATTN: Young Republicans

http://tinyurl.com/38yzau

Mullin seems to think we need to draw down in hope we wont Break the military.

damn cut an runner!

How misleading!

Mullin didn't express that at all. He does caution that there does need to be a PLAN for eventual drawdown and that the US military is not unbreakable. Care to shopw me the quote where he says "I hope we don't break the military!"

In fact, here is a quote from the very article you cite:

"U.S. vital interests in the region and in Iraq require a pragmatic, long-term commitment that will be measured in years, not months."

Joint Chiefs Nominee Notes Toll on Military, Need to Plan for Iraq Drawdown

By William Branigin
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, August 1, 2007; Page A02

Adm. Michael G. Mullen, President Bush's nominee to head the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a Senate panel yesterday that the war in Iraq is taking a heavy toll on the U.S. military, warning that American forces are "not unbreakable" and stressing the need to "plan for an eventual drawdown" of troops.

Appearing in a confirmation hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Mullen, 60, acknowledged that the increase in U.S. forces cannot continue past April 2008 under the military's current force structure. He also cautioned that Iraqi political reconciliation is not keeping pace with security improvements.

"There is no purely military solution in Iraq," said Adm. Michael Mullen, tapped to lead Joint Chiefs of Staff.

There are very big consequinces to staying just to stay.

Joint Chiefs Nominee Notes Toll on Military, Need to Plan for Iraq Drawdown

By William Branigin
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, August 1, 2007; Page A02

Adm. Michael G. Mullen, President Bush's nominee to head the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a Senate panel yesterday that the war in Iraq is taking a heavy toll on the U.S. military, warning that American forces are "not unbreakable" and stressing the need to "plan for an eventual drawdown" of troops.

Appearing in a confirmation hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Mullen, 60, acknowledged that the increase in U.S. forces cannot continue past April 2008 under the military's current force structure. He also cautioned that Iraqi political reconciliation is not keeping pace with security improvements.

"There is no purely military solution in Iraq," said Adm. Michael Mullen, tapped to lead Joint Chiefs of Staff.

There are very big consequinces to staying just to stay.

I don't know what "consequinces" are but there will be consequences.

Again, you forgot this quote from Mullins: "U.S. vital interests in the region and in Iraq require a pragmatic, long-term commitment that will be measured in years, not months."

I guess that one is a bit too inconvenient for you.

You folks need to learn some new tactics. Your tried and true methods of misrepresentation (if not flat out lying) followed by stubborn persistence and repetition is becoming far too transparent. I don't suppose you folks would even consider logic, facts and truth in your repetoire.

Thats not true, the believe in it, they just don't believe anyone of their "station" should have to stoop to it.

And what are the College Republicans's excuses for not joining? Why are their millions of young Republicans - who believe the Iraq war is just - not signing up? What in their belief system causes this?

BTW - when you change the topic as soon as the question is asked, it indicates that you have conceded the debate. If you'd like to start a thread about why people who don't believe in the Iraq war aren't signing up to fight it, I will join you there. But this thread is about the question with the less obvious answer - why are people who believe in the Iraq war not signing up?

I guess then that only Republicans should be allowed to serve in the military then. Funny, I don't remember seeing this question on any enlistment forms:
"To what political party do you belong?" There are many reasons why a Republican can believe in the war and yet not serve....physical disability comes to mind. Specific to this board....many of the pro-military, pro war folks who post here have already served.

It is obvious to me that every time a poster starts a thread like this the discussion that follows only further divides the participating parties. If we follow in this vein, we will be proposing that every time a Dem/lib gets pregnant they immediately get an abortion or that every Dem/lib should give their income to some poverty stricken family/person.

I'm not suggesting that there be a requirement for political party membership to sign up.

I'm actually asking a VERY SIMPLE question, and you've done a lot of typing, yet you haven't even hinted at an answer. Either answer it or stop wasting our time.

Why are so many millions of young people who believe so strongly that fighting in Iraq is the right thing to do - NOT signing up to fight in Iraq?

Already provided a link to a series of polls that prove your claim is hogwash ( since your using polls to make the 70 percent claim) Americans believe we should NOT abandon Iraq, they believe we should ensure the Government there is able to stand on its own two feet and they DO NOT support a rapid pull out any time in the near future. Further they believe IF we leave the job unfinished Iraq will become controlled by AQ. But hey do not let pesky little facts and the TRUTH get in the way of a good liberal lie.

OK, so why again are young Republicans not signing up?

Some poll results for you. And since I know you can not read and chew gum at the same time. The polls were NOT conducted by the GOP, they just compiled the data from said polls in one easy chart.

http://www.gop.com/images/July_Iraq_Poll.pdf

You've already posted this poll. I don't see what its point is. The Democrats in Congress aren't in favor of an immediate withdrawal. In fact, as I have pointed out before, the only person to ever put a bill on the floor for an immediate withdrawal was Duncan Hunter, a REPUBLICAN

This stubborn fool has done exactly that. what have you done for this country lately?

Hey before we turn this into the "what have you done for your country I'm better than you" thread, how about you answer my question?

Why aren't more young Republicans signing up?

I dont know why they would not sign up if they believed it was truely a war American absolutely needed to fight for its safety?

There is no other legitimate reason for America to wage war.

If you support this war you have to realise the military is having a hard time filling its ranks.

I would think they would follow their beliefs?

why dont they?

This admin has very few sons and daughters in the war , it is a very unsusual situation.

You REALLY need to learn to comprehend your english language. You claimed 70 percent ( now 63) want us OUT of Iraq, NOT one of your polls in this link say that at all. But hey don't let facts get in the way of one of your usual lies.

It's called "committment". I can see where one could disagree with the wothiness of fighting a war in Iraq in the first place...

Yeah right, I'm sure back in 2003 you were reminding your fellow warmongers that those against the war were still patriotic Americans they just had a different opinion.

Wrong. In 2003, the overwhelming sense that everyone opposed to the war got was that the other side COULD NOT SEE where we could disagree.

And you still can't.

I dont know why they would not sign up if they believed it was truely a war American absolutely needed to fight for its safety?

There is no other legitimate reason for America to wage war.

If you support this war you have to realise the military is having a hard time filling its ranks.

I would think they would follow their beliefs?

why dont they?

This admin has very few sons and daughters in the war , it is a very unsusual situation.

There is no question this war is very divisive. I guess I have to ask (again) what are you doing that productively supports your beliefs...painted or repaired any bridges lately????

How misleading!

Mullin didn't express that at all. He does caution that there does need to be a PLAN for eventual drawdown and that the US military is not unbreakable."

A plan for an eventual drawdown? Are you fucking crazy man? Do you know what kind of signal that would send the enemy? If they thought that we would EVER leave Iraq, they would just hide in their caves till we left! We gotta stay there, forever, unless you want to send the wrong signal to the enemy.

And BTW

Amazing. Three pages, and no right winger has even attempted to answer the question posed. You've all either asked a separate question, or you've made fun of the question.

Well since you won't answer it, I will

THEY ARE ALL SNIVELING LITTLE PUSSIES, WILLING TO STAND UP FOR NOTHING, UNLESS ITS SENDING OTHERS OFF TO DIE

Oh yeah, and they have blood soaked underwear.

A plan for an eventual drawdown? Are you fucking crazy man? Do you know what kind of signal that would send the enemy? If they thought that we would EVER leave Iraq, they would just hide in their caves till we left! We gotta stay there, forever, unless you want to send the wrong signal to the enemy.

And BTW

Amazing. Three pages, and no right winger has even attempted to answer the question posed. You've all either asked a separate question, or you've made fun of the question.

Well since you won't answer it, I will

THEY ARE ALL SNIVELING LITTLE PUSSIES, WILLING TO STAND UP FOR NOTHING, UNLESS ITS SENDING OTHERS OFF TO DIE

Oh yeah, and they have blood soaked underwear.

and I find it patently ridiculous to suggest that "letting our enemies know when we are leaving the battlefield" is so incredibly bad. Does anyone think that if we left one morning without telling then in advance, that they wouldn't have it all figured out by noon?

I suggest that leaving the Iraqis alone to solve their own problems and instead concentrate on the islamic extremists that want to do US harm is the best course of action. There will be a sunni-shiite bloodbath whenever we leave. the only differences between now and then will be the number of american casualties suffered in the interim, and the skill of the Iraqi army member who will divide into sectarian militias even better trained to slaughter one another than they are now.

Forum List

Back