Attn: Veterans

I'm not and have not been a member of the military. I tried but was disqualified for health-reasons. I just wanted to say that I appreciate everyone's service and wish there were more people that chose to defend this country. Thanks Alot Men and Women!!

I will again be posting ours Veteran thread on Nov. 11.

We have many new members since last year so…if you are a Veteran, Active duty, Guard/Reserve and would like to be included on the USMB Veteran list……
Please PM me your rank, dates of service, branch and MOS (job).

If anyone has any original writing they may want to contribute to the thread let me know so we can work out the details.

PS…If you gave me information last year I still have it.

Could a Mod give us a sticky, please?

Thanks
Mr. P

Thank you for your service!!!! PM on it's way.

I'm not and have not been a member of the military. I tried but was disqualified for health-reasons. I just wanted to say that I appreciate everyone's service and wish there were more people that chose to defend this country. Thanks Alot Men and Women!!

Thanks!!! You don't have to join the military to support your country. Vote, do community service, it all benefits the good of the people.

Branch: US Navy

Date/s: 1981 - 1988

Unit: USS Georgia SSBN 729(B)

Other info:

i Will Again Be Posting Ours Veteran Thread On Nov. 11.

We Have Many New Members Since Last Year So…if You Are A Veteran, Active Duty, Guard/reserve And Would Like To Be Included On The Usmb Veteran List……
Please Pm Me Your Rank, Dates Of Service, Branch And Mos (job).

if Anyone Has Any Original Writing They May Want To Contribute To The Thread Let Me Know So We Can Work Out The Details.

Ps…if You Gave Me Information Last Year I Still Have It.

could A Mod Give Us A Sticky, Please?

Thanks
Mr. P

Maby After The Election... Can't Trust Anyone These Days!

Thank you everyone for your service to this country--

:salute:

We are a military family as well. My husband serves in the ARMY and is currently deployed. He is part of the 701st Military Police Battalion --Criminal Investigations Division.

Branch: USMC

Date/s: 7-24-1995 to 7-23-1999

Unit: 9th Communication Battalion

Other info: Rifle Expert, awarded Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal for serving in Desert Storm.

Oorah! 1,2,3,4 I love the Marine Corps!

I served with honor and pride. No need to thank me.

United States Coast Guard

1972 – 1975

BM3 (E-4)

USCG Cutter, WHEC Class: ’72 – ‘73

One of the last keepers of a military Lighthouse.

Group Portland, ME, assigned to a Search & Rescue team, within the Group Portland: ’73 - ‘75

Won’t say much more about my assignments, too many people could figure out my identity.

Last edited:
Branch: USAF for 4 then ANG till retirement

Date/s: Feb 1976 till Oct 1994 (yeah, I know it's not 20 years but I was caught by the draw down, a medical condition, and lousy officer support so was allowed to retire. Wish I could have put in at least my 20.)

Unit: USAF - Hospital Sq, 92nd Bomb Wing
ANG - Several units: the Weather flight at Fairchild AFB, Maintenance Dept at NAS Moffet Field, 256th Motor pool and then HQ WA ANG, Camp Murray WA.

Other info: In the actives I was a dental technician, in the Guard I was admin (first three) and then personnel.

Yes, I am a left leaning...

My god, how many people in the military that we can we depend on to do their duty. Liberals don’t obey orders; they do their own thing. Liberals are not qualified to be in the service.
Not when the lives of their shipmates are on the line. In fact my out of the box thinking earned me 3 letters from the commands.

'85-'89
USN
MM3/SS
SSN - S girl

Honestly this thread should not be politicized as Gunny said....all veterans and those currently serving should be respected regardless of whether they are liberal or conservative.

Thank you for your service.

Branch: United States Army

Date/s: October, 1965 to April, 1986

Unit: Too many to list. Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, Fort Jackson, South Carolina, Fort Lewis, Washington, Fort Monmouth, New Jersey, Fort Gordon, Georgia, Fort Lee, Virgina, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, Fort Riley, Kansas, and a few others.

Other info: Enlisted in the Army in 1965 was trained as an Infantry Rifleman. Completed Officer Candidate School and was commissioned into the Army Signal Corps in 1966. Two tours in Vietnam (1967-1969), four years in Germany (1978-1982).

Well I will be the first D/W to post because well yeah we do count

USAF
1979-2008
Chief/E-9
Security Forces

Patrick AFB, Fla; Clark AFB, Philippines; Wheeler AFB, Hawaii; Dover AFB, Delaware; Lajes Field, Azores; Dyess AFB, Texas; Rhein-Main AB, Germany; Malmstrom AFB, Montana; Holloman AFB, New Mexico; Langley AFB, Virginia.

I was very active in all aspects of support on every installation. Enjoyed being a Key Spouse.

I have one son a Boomer a staff sgt, and my youngest is heading to the MEPS tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Branch: United States Army

Date/s: October, 1965 to April, 1986

Unit: Too many to list. Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, Fort Jackson, South Carolina, Fort Lewis, Washington, Fort Monmouth, New Jersey, Fort Gordon, Georgia, Fort Lee, Virgina, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, Fort Riley, Kansas, and a few others.

Other info: Enlisted in the Army in 1965 was trained as an Infantry Rifleman. Completed Officer Candidate School and was commissioned into the Army Signal Corps in 1966. Two tours in Vietnam (1967-1969), four years in Germany (1978-1982).

Hooya! thank you sir

United States Marine Corps

1960 – 1964

Corporal E-4

Base Communications, Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
(June 61 - March 63)
Comm Section HqCo Second Service Bn., Second Marine Division, CLNC (March 63 - May 64)
Comm Section HqCo Second Shore Party Bn., Second Marine Division, CLNC (May 64 - Aug 64)

2541 Teletype Operator, 2542 Communications Center Man, 2543 Field Message Center Man, 2561 Cryptographer

Last edited:

Forum List

Back