ATTN: USMB Oregon Coasties

B. Kidd

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2010
Western Lands
Left my winter retreat in Yuma a week ago. Am back in Vegas this month. Will be spending the summer on the Oregon coast (north of Newport) due to gas prices this year. I know, life's a beach. Had originally planned to spend the summer in Calgary/Edmonton but am on a budget, so not travellin' as far as I planned to with the RV.
If I remember correctly, a few here reside on the Oregon coast or near to it.
Any recommendations for must-sees?

Astoria has a great maritime museum.

Portland's Rose Gardens and nearby zoo are fabulous, and so is Multnomah Falls for a day trip. The entire trip up and down the Columbia River is fantastic.

There are a few really great lighthouses on the Oregon coast, and if you're travelling North on the coastal highway toward your north-of-Newport, you can't miss them.

The Swan Garden in the Shakespearean theatre district of Ashland Oregon is a swell sight. You might call first if you care to see a play, but there are many in the summer.

Portland is one of the most beautiful metropolitan districts on the planet.

The campus at Oregon State University is sooooo enigmatic. It's in Corvallis, and I have to say the road between Newport and Corvallis gives the words "with many a winding turn..." some teeth. Do not fail to see Crater Lake in Southern Oregon if you are there for a while.

The Beaver State is one of the prettiest places all over. The Oregon Trail wasn't famous for nothing. :)

Forum List

Back