Attn: Mr. P

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
I need to re-format my Dell, were you able to do it EASILY with the disks they supplied? Anything I should beware of?

I really DON'T want to call them!

Said1 said:
I need to re-format my Dell, were you able to do it EASILY with the disks they supplied? Anything I should beware of?

I really DON'T want to call them!

Never mind. Recent developments have uncovered the fact that the idiots sent me the wrong computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm beginning to REALLY hate DELL.

Said1 said:
Never mind. Recent developments have uncovered the fact that the idiots sent me the wrong computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm beginning to REALLY hate DELL.
The wrong one? Wow. Idiots!

But, if you ever need to re-format it isn't that difficult.

Keep all tags (stickers) on the puter that have numbers..you need them to run the disk/s they give you. The disks are re-install disks not original program disks.

Mr. P said:
The wrong one? Wow. Idiots!

But, if you ever need to re-format it isn't that difficult.

Keep all tags (stickers) on the puter that have numbers..you need them to run the disk/s they give you. The disks are re-install disks not original program disks.

I thought I needed a new CD/DVD RW drive, apparently it isn't uncommon for them to come faulty direct from dell. Turns out they sent me a machine without one. :laugh:

I still have to back-everything up no matter what they decide. Grrrrrr.

Said1 said:
I thought I needed a new CD/DVD RW drive, apparently it isn't uncommon for them to come faulty direct from dell. Turns out they sent me a machine without one. :laugh:

I still have to back-everything up no matter what they decide. Grrrrrr.
I would think they would just send the CD/DVD RW and have it installed on site,
instead of a whole diff. puter.

They did this to a blind friend of mine. They sent one to him and I installed it. I specifically asked if it would void the warranty, it did not.

I have always had good experiences with them, but then I don't call them for tech support only to resolve issues for customers.

Mr. P said:
I would think they would just send the CD/DVD RW and have it installed on site,
instead of a whole diff. puter.

I'm not expecting a new computer, just hoping to have some provided help with upgrading the drive. It was their mistake afterall.

Said1 said:
I'm not expecting a new computer, just hoping to have some provided help with upgrading the drive. It was their mistake afterall.

They offered to send in a tech to replace the drive for him, but he doesn't like unknown people working inside his computer. I would think they would do the same for you. It is easy stuff. Dell makes their 'puters easy to open and upgrade.

no1tovote4 said:
They offered to send in a tech to replace the drive for him, but he doesn't like unknown people working inside his computer. I would think they would do the same for you. It is easy stuff. Dell makes their 'puters easy to open and upgrade.

That's what I'm hoping for.

The re-format went ok, runs like a dream now. :)

computer.gif

Problem still unresolved. I thought I had an extended warrenty, turns out I don't. I asked the rep if my "issues" were common and she said "no. uh, yes. Well I've heard of it. It happens. I've heard." Okey-dokey.

Looks like I might have to buy one, won't be from them though.

Forum List

Back