Attention USMB Members

I see the Mod's point very clearly. It doesn't seem like censorship at all.

Just a "strong" suggestion, to focus on the validity of a poster's statement, or premise, and not brainlessly, or hurtfully go for the personal jugular of the poster, via negative remarks of their character, disresepect....etc..

When you can't agree with a person's statement, then tell them why with some reasons that you can back up. Don't get all subjective, and irrational, and attack the poster.

However, when a poster does go "nasty" and subjective, I won't defend their whining if they get personally attacked back. "You dug the hole, now lay in it."

We all "lose it" sometimes, as there are some posters on here that really like to "goad" others. I think in some way it is a type of high for them, while hiding behind their "anonymous" P.C.'s..

I think most of those that like to throw out the names at folks when they can't defend or rebuttal with some decent logic, or respected references, are really, showing much "weakness".

The internet age, and these forums and chatrooms have opened up a Pandora's Box of social, and societal, changes. Folks who are bashful and rarely intereact with others in person, can become roaring lions of loudness and brashness, while typing away at their anonymous keyboard and site. Sometimes I wonder if they couldn't throw a fist of defense in real life, and now the anonymous forum has given them release?

Many individuals can claim superiority via their education, military experience, or some vocation, but in most cases, we'll never know if we are talking to someone with a vivid imagination and a terribly big inferiority complex.

However, I think that any reasonable thinking person can tell who on this forum is legitimate and who is blowing "hot" air.

I've found in my years of life that those that tend to go for the jugular of others in personal, disrespectful ways, tend to have a very low self-image of themselves, and thus, project the antithesis of that inner image publically or covertly through safe, anonymous, chat and talk forums.

Ever heard of the "short man's" complex? Not raining on short male adults folks, but often folks try to make-up for real or imagined short-comings by projecting just the opposite. Almost like a Napoleon complex. The Little Corporal made big. So did Corporal Adolf Hitler.

I think these forums would be the most fertile ground for Psychology majors to do a doctorate or thesis paper for a Master's or Doctorate degree. :)

It would be hypocritical of me to tell anyone they cannot respond to being attacked when I'm pretty-well known for dragging out a battle axe when I get it done to me.

I just don't want to hear it when the thread ends up in the Taunting Arena, and or I edit out individual posts that are over-the-line insults. There's a big difference between sparring and throwing out jabs here and there and dragging one's family into it, or making physical threats, etc.

It would be hypocritical of me to tell anyone they cannot respond to being attacked when I'm pretty-well known for dragging out a battle axe when I get it done to me.

I just don't want to hear it when the thread ends up in the Taunting Arena, and or I edit out individual posts that are over-the-line insults. There's a big difference between sparring and throwing out jabs here and there and dragging one's family into it, or making physical threats, etc.

I can think of one poster that resorts to name calling, personal insults and cursing and I have yet to see one of his "attacks" moved to the Taunting area.

My point is that people like RSR are no worse than those that respond page after page to them like 5 year olds, yet no one ever mentions them when complaining.

I can think of one poster that resorts to name calling, personal insults and cursing and I have yet to see one of his "attacks" moved to the Taunting area.

My point is that people like RSR are no worse than those that respond page after page to them like 5 year olds, yet no one ever mentions them when complaining.

I've really tried to not mention any names. Whether it gets moved or not is a judgement call. I think I have pretty consistently moved only the really-over-the-top stuff, and let the petty stuff go.

I do not believe you have considered all the ways a conversation can turn that way. Insults are one thing, but telling us we can not respond in a reasonable manner with what we believe is pertinent information or a reasonable similarity to someone else's post is censorship.

And, irregardless of what liberals believe, talking about Clinton and his crimes is NOT a personal insult to any member of this board. Any more than talking about Bush and what some believe are his crimes.

GAWD FUCK ME, FOLEY!

WONDERS WILL NEVER CEASE.

I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

And just WHEN exactly did posting "pertinent information" become part of your act?:badgrin:

I always post pertinent info, Guns. Regrettably the reactionary readers here personal and national narcissism stops them see it as such. ;)

PS. No need to be so nonspecific about who is ruining the board. Just send me a personal email anytime saying you're upset that I'm upsetting the place and I'll go without a murmur.

As you know I'm only here to send up the Christo-capitalist hypocrites and there are swarms of them around boards like this in cyber space. :D

I always post pertinent info, Guns. Regrettably the reactionary readers here personal and national narcissism stops them see it as such. ;)

PS. No need to be so nonspecific about who is ruining the board. Just send me a personal email anytime saying you're upset that I'm upsetting the place and I'll go without a murmur.

As you know I'm only here to send up the Christo-capitalist hypocrites and there are swarms of them around boards like this in cyber space. :D

Or, you could just behave yourself, maybe? You're pretty damned amusing for a psychotic ranting bastard. :badgrin:

"The" Chips Rafferty playing martyr? Tsk tsk. We've already had this conversation and you KNOW I think no such thing. Juat because you're always ranting about Jesus but nobody knows what the hell you're saying doesn't mean you're ruining anything.

And, at least YOU manage to find the right forum for your topics.

I see the Mod's point very clearly. It doesn't seem like censorship at all.

Just a "strong" suggestion, to focus on the validity of a poster's statement, or premise, and not brainlessly, or hurtfully go for the personal jugular of the poster, via negative remarks of their character, disresepect....etc..

When you can't agree with a person's statement, then tell them why with some reasons that you can back up. Don't get all subjective, and irrational, and attack the poster.

However, when a poster does go "nasty" and subjective, I won't defend their whining if they get personally attacked back. "You dug the hole, now lay in it."

We all "lose it" sometimes, as there are some posters on here that really like to "goad" others. I think in some way it is a type of high for them, while hiding behind their "anonymous" P.C.'s..

I think most of those that like to throw out the names at folks when they can't defend or rebuttal with some decent logic, or respected references, are really, showing much "weakness".

The internet age, and these forums and chatrooms have opened up a Pandora's Box of social, and societal, changes. Folks who are bashful and rarely intereact with others in person, can become roaring lions of loudness and brashness, while typing away at their anonymous keyboard and site. Sometimes I wonder if they couldn't throw a fist of defense in real life, and now the anonymous forum has given them release?

Many individuals can claim superiority via their education, military experience, or some vocation, but in most cases, we'll never know if we are talking to someone with a vivid imagination and a terribly big inferiority complex.

However, I think that any reasonable thinking person can tell who on this forum is legitimate and who is blowing "hot" air.

I've found in my years of life that those that tend to go for the jugular of others in personal, disrespectful ways, tend to have a very low self-image of themselves, and thus, project the antithesis of that inner image publically or covertly through safe, anonymous, chat and talk forums.

Ever heard of the "short man's" complex? Not raining on short male adults folks, but often folks try to make-up for real or imagined short-comings by projecting just the opposite. Almost like a Napoleon complex. The Little Corporal made big. So did Corporal Adolf Hitler.

I think these forums would be the most fertile ground for Psychology majors to do a doctorate or thesis paper for a Master's or Doctorate degree. :)

Well, if that doesn’t take the cake for classical Christian hypocrisy!

While sanctimoniously censuring invective flinging non-conformists like me, you’ve done a stirling job of slinging some shit around yourself, Reverend.

Posing as your usual pillar of rectitude, you have still managed to call ALL who disagree with your Pharisaic philosophy brainless, negative, disrespectful, irrational, nasty, prejudiced, ad hominem insulters, irrational, weak, loud, brash, cowardly agents provocateur with a colossal sense of inferiority diguised by a Little Corporal complex, ….and here’s the REAL hypocritical bit; of anonymously hiding behind their PC’s!! :rolleyes:

What was your name and address again, Gideon? Mine’s Lindsay (I prefer Danny) Robert Henderson, 11 Ward St Kinglake Victoria, Australia 3763. I think I have given this out before. One thing for sure, I have never tried to hide my whereabouts ever since I’ve been here.

I’d give you my phone number and web address but I have learnt from bitter personal experience not to trust Christians. They can be quite vicious – like sending you viruses - when you show them up for the fear fashioned fools that they are; which they no doubt justify by claiming all’s fair in Jesus’ service. :evil:

OTOH, any criminal or indecent person here is welcome to have my web address and phone number. And I mean that.

But don’t let that deter you from demanding proof of ANYTHING I have EVER said here, because I’m always willing to substantiate it.

Ya know, I much prefer the likes of pitifully literarily impotent piñatas like Onedomino and RSR - whose repertoire of insults is limited to repetitiously squawking, “You’re insane!”....“You’re insane!” - to a dry-retchingly self-righteous fraud like you.

At least those skidmarks have the guts to PERSONALLY insult me when they give me my daily bad rep - whether I deserve it or not! :eusa_drool:

Don't flatter yourself, it isn't you they would be referring to. There are far worse on this board than you.

Can you tell me what one of those is so I can decide whether I should be offended? Or is it just another make believe label like the 'religous right'?

Or, you could just behave yourself, maybe? You're pretty damned amusing for a psychotic ranting bastard. :badgrin:

You mean by doing stuff like calling "it" a “fuck” in private but a “make love” in public? That is, thinking one thing and saying another - like decent folk do? :eusa_pray:

PS: Do Bible-believin’ girls say “O-o-h KNOW (as in “He Knew her”) me brutally, you big bronzed Anzac!!” when they are about to :)redface: :redface: ) ahem, "orgasm?"

PPS: Will saying “orgasm” get me barred?

PPPS: why don’t people simply stop reading what I write? I mean, they know it’s going to be full of profanity and offensive repartee, so what compels them to read it. Is it an unconscious need to vicariously experience disobedience by proxy, coupled with a contradictory but intrinsic Calvinazi need to tattle-tale on sinners to someone, ANYONE, in authority? ;)

Forum List

Back