Attention Newbies

The Stand? Really?

A long winded treatise on good and evil that would be even longer but for the dues ex machina ending no doubt insisted upon by the publisher.

Ah good triumphs over evil when "the hand of God" explodes a nuclear device.

Give me a break.

Yer overanalysing. The stand is a great generic story. The idea of a plague that starts out with a colds symptoms is horrific.

Yer overanalysing. The stand is a great generic story. The idea of a plague that starts out with a colds symptoms is horrific.

You want a good book to read about a plague and the end of the world as we know it, you should read The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

It even won the Pulitzer, as it should have.

Just a reminder:

Do not post the contents of private messages or reputation comments on the board. Notice it's happened more frequently lately with newer members.

If a member has problem with a PM or rep comment, forward it to a moderator/admin with your complaint.

Thanks,

Gunny

I was given the link to this forum by one of your long time members, a Vietnam veteran in good standing. Unfortunately, trying to opine here is not what I expected. I found some interesting topics and threads that were off limits to me, for reasons unknown. Personal attacks or p**ing contests ain't my cup of tea, I shy away and ignore all that. Providing links to posts is no problem, sometimes I forget to do so, but for the most part will credit the author of any given article. Other than that, this US message board is OK, but I'll be better of elsewhere where the folks ain't too stiff. Have a great day.

she-ronald-says-gtfo.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back