Attention Mini-Mods

If I had been treated as some of our newbies have been treated, I wouldn't have stayed at USMB. If I had multiple people accusing me of being somebody that I am not, I wouldn't have stayed at USMB. However much some of you wish I was not at USMB, a lab monkey should know that if we do not take in new souls here, the board will become so ingrown and stagnant that pretty much everybody will leave.

This is absolutely true.
Over a period of 6 years, I watched a large and very good forum whither away to nothing.
On an average weekend nite there was close to 100 people online and active.
By 2009...maybe 7-8.

;)

If I had been treated as some of our newbies have been treated, I wouldn't have stayed at USMB. If I had multiple people accusing me of being somebody that I am not, I wouldn't have stayed at USMB. However much some of you wish I was not at USMB, a lab monkey should know that if we do not take in new souls here, the board will become so ingrown and stagnant that pretty much everybody will leave.

Yep that was pretty much the reception I got several years ago when I first signed up here, so I left until about a year ago.

I can't say I was mistreated or dissed or anything when I first joined, but it just didn't take. So I didn't come back until about a year ago and then ran into some good discussions and I began feeling at home here.

I guess that's why I go out of my way to welcome the newbies and invite those that seem to be normal people to the Coffee Shop and all. Be hateful to reasonable people and they won't have much incentive to stay. Ignore anybody and they won't have much incentive to stay.

Making mental note now to make a better effort to check in on the introduction forum.

I got nice pms from some folks, made some friends pretty fast and in general, figured it would be a great place to discuss many topics. I just never really BROWSED at first. I didn't even see the bottom of the page and the topics down there.
But I do appreciate those that reached out to me when I first arrived. If it hadn't been for them....I might have just bailed. But I didn't, and I'm glad.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

This is absolutely true.
Over a period of 6 years, I watched a large and very good forum whither away to nothing.
By 2009...maybe 7-8.
By 2011, Currently Active Users: 940 (83 members and 857 guests).

Tide comes in...Tide goes out.

I don't think Iam was referring to USMB here though. I wonder if s/he is referring to the board I left when I came here though. Sorta sounds like it. :)

This is absolutely true.
By 2009...maybe 7-8.
By 2011, Currently Active Users: 940 (83 members and 857 guests).

Tide comes in...Tide goes out.

Well, Roll Tide!! :razz:

Let's lay off the new people that join, accusing them of being "emma" or some other sock, shall we?

IF you think someone who joined is BREAKING THE RULES, then please hit the "Report" button, and report them that way.

One can usually tell if somebody is here just to troll, but we, the mods, will find out if they are just socks/trolls or just want to be a part of the USMB.

Let's welcome the new members that join, and only report them if you feel they are BREAKING THE RULES of the USMB.

Thank you!

reported for murdering the fun

Let's lay off the new people that join, accusing them of being "emma" or some other sock, shall we?

IF you think someone who joined is BREAKING THE RULES, then please hit the "Report" button, and report them that way.

One can usually tell if somebody is here just to troll, but we, the mods, will find out if they are just socks/trolls or just want to be a part of the USMB.

Let's welcome the new members that join, and only report them if you feel they are BREAKING THE RULES of the USMB.

Thank you!

The problem is that the newbies don't know how to phase an introduction.

If you newbies want to get along with folks you are sure welcome to use my introduction as a helpful template.!

HUGGY's intro.....

"Why can't we Talk?
Well, we can talk, unless you are one of those zombie, vampire ghoulish neo con christian fascists that has brought my country to it's knees. There is a nine to one ratio of multinational corporate owned media that proactively divert Americas attention from the critical to the trivial. OK call me a hater, I don't care. I believe it is our duty to fight back the noise and bring light and justice to the debate...and possibly a little retribution."

See how easy it is.

Yep that was pretty much the reception I got several years ago when I first signed up here, so I left until about a year ago.

I can't say I was mistreated or dissed or anything when I first joined, but it just didn't take. So I didn't come back until about a year ago and then ran into some good discussions and I began feeling at home here.

I guess that's why I go out of my way to welcome the newbies and invite those that seem to be normal people to the Coffee Shop and all. Be hateful to reasonable people and they won't have much incentive to stay. Ignore anybody and they won't have much incentive to stay.

Making mental note now to make a better effort to check in on the introduction forum.

I got nice pms from some folks, made some friends pretty fast and in general, figured it would be a great place to discuss many topics. I just never really BROWSED at first. I didn't even see the bottom of the page and the topics down there.
But I do appreciate those that reached out to me when I first arrived. If it hadn't been for them....I might have just bailed. But I didn't, and I'm glad.
:clap2:

And she already has rep whoring down to an art. :razz::lol:

You are just jealous because you are a woman trapped in a man's body, with no flowers or candy in your immediate future. :) :lol:

There was this one time at band camp ... oh wait .. wrong story.

There was this one time way back when .. I joined Sean Hannity's message boards. Not only did I find that place to be extremely unwelcoming, that's where I first met Mal. But that's not the point of my post. My point is, the board members at the time were absolutely convinced that I was someone who I was not. Each frigin' day I was on there, I'd have to explain to the same people I wasn't who they thought I was. Needless to say, I lasted no more than a month. I haven't been back since and I don't plan to. I continued my quest for a new message board and wound up here.

Thanks for the OP EZ.
It was getting a little hairy round these parts.

You are just jealous because you are a woman trapped in a man's body, with no flowers or candy in your immediate future. :) :lol:
:evil:

Thanks for reminding me that Valentines Day is coming. :mad: Now you hurt my wittle fewwings :(

When I first joined Ravi and Mani were convinced I was someone from BDC,,,,,,but at least they were nice about it!

Gunny thought I had a sock puppet named "Silence" for awhile, until he ran an IP check on her. Plus, she cussed a WAY LOT more than I do.-wonder whatever happened to her?

But, as my witty and insightful posts were read more and more, they finally realized I was just some little ole' Hoosier gal who loved Peyton Manning, IU, and Neil Young.

One of the first three PMs I got was from olfraud calling me names and neg repping me!:lol:

What a tool!
And from such humble beginnings of tooldumb (okay, exposing tooldumb... we are talking ole crocks here.), you have become a masterpwner of the environmental/energy forum. Good on ya!

Have some more rep, on me.

Thank you!

Rep for mini-mods, ROFLMAO

:rofl:

Forum List

Back