Attention Mini-Mods

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Let's lay off the new people that join, accusing them of being "emma" or some other sock, shall we?

IF you think someone who joined is BREAKING THE RULES, then please hit the "Report" button, and report them that way.

One can usually tell if somebody is here just to troll, but we, the mods, will find out if they are just socks/trolls or just want to be a part of the USMB.

Let's welcome the new members that join, and only report them if you feel they are BREAKING THE RULES of the USMB.

Thank you!

Mini-mod?

All the moderation (or evil)... 1/6th the size?

mini-me.jpg

If I had been treated as some of our newbies have been treated, I wouldn't have stayed at USMB. If I had multiple people accusing me of being somebody that I am not, I wouldn't have stayed at USMB. However much some of you wish I was not at USMB, a lab monkey should know that if we do not take in new souls here, the board will become so ingrown and stagnant that pretty much everybody will leave.

If I had been treated as some of our newbies have been treated, I wouldn't have stayed at USMB. If I had multiple people accusing me of being somebody that I am not, I wouldn't have stayed at USMB. However much some of you wish I was not at USMB, a lab monkey should know that if we do not take in new souls here, the board will become so ingrown and stagnant that pretty much everybody will leave.
Oh I agree. Before long the whacky gang down at USMB would look like this:

caption-this-picture2.jpeg

From Right to Left: Back row - Rdean, TruthMatters, California Girl
Front Row: Dante

;)

Yep that was pretty much the reception I got several years ago when I first signed up here, so I left until about a year ago.

Yep that was pretty much the reception I got several years ago when I first signed up here, so I left until about a year ago.

I can't say I was mistreated or dissed or anything when I first joined, but it just didn't take. So I didn't come back until about a year ago and then ran into some good discussions and I began feeling at home here.

I guess that's why I go out of my way to welcome the newbies and invite those that seem to be normal people to the Coffee Shop and all. Be hateful to reasonable people and they won't have much incentive to stay. Ignore anybody and they won't have much incentive to stay.

Making mental note now to make a better effort to check in on the introduction forum.

Last edited:
I was "questioned" breifly because of my work ip address matching another persons but it was cleared up pretty quickly.

I hate having my fragile feeling hurt on a message board: I'm very sensitive, and delicate.

:(

One of my first posts was replied to by someone who posted a "stfu" meme....but I had never seen one before. I was shocked people were so hostile.

Took me awhile to "get" USMB.

Hey, I'm the one who stuck up for IMEURU. I have a knack for finding the trolls. They are going to get worse on the boards. If it shows up as a rule fine, otherwise its just an advisory.

New Topics

Forum List

Back