Attention! Important message! Must read!

And I care, right?:eusa_eh:

Hey.. That's where this country is headed, back to the basics, why not start here?

The "Old Boys Club", if true, is the traditional basic starting point..

In these times, Gunny could be considered a visionary...:eusa_doh:

Am I a sad sack or what?.. sheez...:lol:

There's nothing PC about my choice of mods. I choose certain people who exhibit the traits I want to see in a moderator. I chose my other admin who exhibits traits I want to see in an Admin.

Since I don't know any of these people well, I am content to feel that I am as safe from real threats and real personal danger here on USMB as anywhere on the internet, and that the very few reasonable rules and no-no's will be enforced as well as they will be enforced anywhere. I don't expect a message board to be PC and I personally don't care what ideology, sex, or race/ethnicity or whatever the mods are so long as they demonstrate sufficient maturity to do their agreed jobs competently.

I have grumped as much as anybody when one of my threads was moved to what I considered an inappropriate location, etc., but I have not felt mistreated or singled out for censure. Everybody isn't suited for everything, and a good manager chooses people best suited for whatever job. I would think an administrator's job is very different from a mod.

Hey.. That's where this country is headed, back to the basics, why not start here?

There's nothing PC about my choice of mods. I choose certain people who exhibit the traits I want to see in a moderator. I chose my other admin who exhibits traits I want to see in an Admin.

In other words, important qualifications such as:

Diplomacy: squash 'em like a bug
Diplomacy: don't let Gunny see you raiding his chocolate stash
Diplomacy: when the infestation of pests reaches a critical level...it's time to call Orkin
When diplomacy fails - squash 'em like a bug

:eusa_angel:

Okay .... and .... ?

Since I don't know any of these people well, I am content to feel that I am as safe from real threats and real personal danger here on USMB as anywhere on the internet, and that the very few reasonable rules and no-no's will be enforced as well as they will be enforced anywhere. I don't expect a message board to be PC and I personally don't care what ideology, sex, or race/ethnicity or whatever the mods are so long as they demonstrate sufficient maturity to do their agreed jobs competently.

I have grumped as much as anybody when one of my threads was moved to what I considered an inappropriate location, etc., but I have not felt mistreated or singled out for censure. Everybody isn't suited for everything, and a good manager chooses people best suited for whatever job. I would think an administrator's job is very different from a mod.

Of course. We can create life from primordial ooze.:lol:

Of course. We can create life from primordial ooze.:lol:

For those of us non experts in complex programming, you actually do seem that way sometimes. :)

We need to verify this via an independent third party analysis :eusa_angel:

:lol:

We've both posted pics on this board at times. Y'all must've missed out.:eusa_whistle:

College Frat pix don't count...something as important as this requires current pix and measurements...angles and contours.....assessment of materials....all in the interest of Admin quality control. :eusa_angel:

The one I posted was about 20 minutes old at the time, and that was last year.

:lol:

We've both posted pics on this board at times. Y'all must've missed out.:eusa_whistle:

College Frat pix don't count...something as important as this requires current pix and measurements...angles and contours.....assessment of materials....all in the interest of Admin quality control. :eusa_angel:

....hmmm....

was it this one?

old-man-laughing.jpg

....hmmm....

was it this one?

old-man-laughing.jpg

That is SO unauthorized use of my pic ....:eusa_eh:

Fantasic news!

Finally, we have a second administrator to balance out the knee-jerk conservatism of...

oh wait....

nevermind :redface:

Forum List

Back