Attention Homosexuals

Fayebelle

Jan 10, 2010
Maryland
and supporters of Pro Gay rights.

Just an FYI - I am Episcopalian. Episcopalians are Christians. There are over 2 million members of the Episcopal Church in the US alone.

For over 30 years my church has said they don't care if people are gay. They have stated publicly that they don't care if ya'll get married.

So how about showing a little respect? You don't like broad sweeping generalizations thrown at you. Stop declaring Christians as Evul b/c you think they are all out to get you.

K thanks bye :eusa_pray:

*stepsoffsoapbox*

The most homophobic people I know are atheists and/or black. But the radical gay activists on this board think that anyone who disagrees with gay marriage is a bigot and a hater. Pot, kettle, black.

The most homophobic people I know are atheists and/or black. But the radical gay activists on this board think that anyone who disagrees with gay marriage is a bigot and a hater. Pot, kettle, black.

Hint... if you want to deny other consenting adults the right to marry, you ARE a bigot.

Actually, anyone with strong opinions can be called a bigot.

"intolerant person: somebody with strong opinions, especially on politics, religion, or ethnicity, who refuses to accept different views"

http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/search?q=define+bigot&FORM=DTPDIA

I guess that makes most of the people here bigots. For example, anyone who calls someone who doesn't believe in homo marriage a bigot could be considered a bigot, using that definition.

:eusa_eh:

Just an FYI - I am Episcopalian. Episcopalians are Christians. There are over 2 million members of the Episcopal Church in the US alone.

For over 30 years my church has said they don't care if people are gay. They have stated publicly that they don't care if ya'll get married.

So how about showing a little respect? You don't like broad sweeping generalizations thrown at you. Stop declaring Christians as Evul b/c you think they are all out to get you.

*stepsoffsoapbox*

Speaking of broad sweeping generalizations....I don't see tons of gays declaring Christians as evil either....

Right hun....I believe Gays have the right to the same pain and suffering married heteros suffer with.

So how about showing a little respect? You don't like broad sweeping generalizations thrown at you. Stop declaring Christians as Evul b/c you think they are all out to get you. K thanks bye :eusa_pray: *stepsoffsoapbox*
Good thing you're not a Muslim because then you'd think all homos should die. Look up SURA VII: 78-84 [On Lot at Sodom] and see for yourself.

Hint... if you want to deny other consenting adults the right to marry, you ARE a bigot.

Actually, anyone with strong opinions can be called a bigot.

"intolerant person: somebody with strong opinions, especially on politics, religion, or ethnicity, who refuses to accept different views"

define bigot - Bing

I guess that makes most of the people here bigots. For example, anyone who calls someone who doesn't believe in homo marriage a bigot could be considered a bigot, using that definition.

it's not bigotry to call out others on THEIR bigotry.

Good try, though, Allie. :thup:

A "fig leaf" argument against the use of the term marriage for gay unions is that Marriage is originally a religious term and may be hurtful to those who have sensibilities hurt by the sharing of that term. That's fine.

Around here, the need for the rights of marriage are legal and fiscal. Why not end run that fig leaf and accord all of the rights to these unions without the word? Lord knows, the use of many words is not allowed in one situation by one speaker when it is widely used in other situations by other speakers.

Actually, if you oppose gay sex, having gays marry each other is probably a good way to stamp it out. It has done wonders for hetero sex reduction.

What's up with that?

so you support the right to bigamy....incest marriage....right?

*stepsoffsoapbox*

I hear 'ya. However, I've tried to tell gay people this, but they've never been able to look at me with a straight face.

Forum List

Back