Attention, gun control supporters:

How are you going to get criminals to obey the law?

I've never gotten a rational, workable answer to this question in all the years I've asked it on this and other boards.

Raise the stakes. If a criminal (or anyone else) is caught with an assault weapon, make the penalty death.

I've been asking this question in all these gun control threads but I can't seem to get a straight answer.

What is the operational difference between your 'assault weapon' and my semi-auto deer rifle?

You go deer hunting? And need a weapon with 30 round magazines? Maybe two magazines taped together. So you need 60 shots to bring down a deer?

Daamnn. Must be real dangerous with you in the woods. Most true hunters I know do it with one shot. What's the matter with you?

Usually its only people assaulting other people that need that many (30) rounds. Probably why they are called assault weapons. Assault rifles you might need to go deer hunting. If you can't shoot.

But that's the difference. Hunters need 1 maybe 2 shots. Assaulting people works better with weapons that can fire 40, 50 60 rounds very quickly. Like assault rifles can.

Thanks in advance...

You're welcome.

Raise the stakes. If a criminal (or anyone else) is caught with an assault weapon, make the penalty death.

I've been asking this question in all these gun control threads but I can't seem to get a straight answer.

What is the operational difference between your 'assault weapon' and my semi-auto deer rifle?

You go deer hunting? And need a weapon with 30 round magazines? Maybe two magazines taped together. So you need 60 shots to bring down a deer?

Daamnn. Must be real dangerous with you in the woods. Most true hunters I know do it with one shot. What's the matter with you?

Usually its only people assaulting other people that need that many (30) rounds. Probably why they are called assault weapons. Assault rifles you might need to go deer hunting. If you can't shoot.

But that's the difference. Hunters need 1 maybe 2 shots. Assaulting people works better with weapons that can fire 40, 50 60 rounds very quickly. Like assault rifles can.

Thanks in advance...

You're welcome.

So the difference is the size of the magazine?

I don't think that's an 'operational' difference, though.

My semi-auto 30-06 can fire those rounds JUST as quickly as an AK-47 or AR-15.

I've never gotten a rational, workable answer to this question in all the years I've asked it on this and other boards.

:rofl:

Murder comes with the death penalty... how is that working out as a deterrent? :cuckoo:

NRA-scoreboard_n.jpg

more than 2,000,000 CRIMES STOPPED by gun owners....i'd say that's effectively "overthrowing the tyrants"....

You can't, that's the point. That is why making laws stricter makes sense. Clearly you can't understand that.

2 million is a made up number up you fucking fool, so I made one up too, clearly you can't keep up.

2 million is a made up number up you fucking fool, so I made one up too, clearly you can't keep up.

Yep, it's 'made up', alright.

It's a half million LOW, you fucking IDIOT!

Now go fuck yourself, Mr. Moron.

You might be able to pull that off without frying what's left of your brain, IF the dildo is big enough...

My question is logical...that's why you can't recognize it.

Gun laws are designed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. At least that's what they're sold as.

But they don't work, do they?

All laws are meant to deter crime, not eliminate it. If that were the case, laws wouldn't have associated penalties. Your question makes no sense.
I said nothing about eliminating crime.

You said that gun laws don't work because criminals have guns. I say that gun laws do work, and the ban on automatic weapons shows how rare it is for a criminal to have a fully automatic..

So, you have no plan, right? You acknowledge that gun laws impact only law-abiding citizens? Their purpose is a failure?

Or are you going to bitterly cling to the ridiculous notion that we need more gun laws?

We do need more gun laws. The fact that 40% of the guns are sold without a background check shows a glaring loophole in the current laws. The fact that you can buy weapons that will carry as many as 200 rounds in a single magazine is another piece of monstrous stupidity.

All laws are meant to deter crime, not eliminate it. If that were the case, laws wouldn't have associated penalties. Your question makes no sense.
I said nothing about eliminating crime.

You said that gun laws don't work because criminals have guns. I say that gun laws do work, and the ban on automatic weapons shows how rare it is for a criminal to have a fully automatic..

So, you have no plan, right? You acknowledge that gun laws impact only law-abiding citizens? Their purpose is a failure?

Or are you going to bitterly cling to the ridiculous notion that we need more gun laws?

We do need more gun laws. The fact that 40% of the guns are sold without a background check shows a glaring loophole in the current laws. The fact that you can buy weapons that will carry as many as 200 rounds in a single magazine is another piece of monstrous stupidity.

Please provide a link to this "monstrous stupidity", I'd like to SEE this...

:rofl:

Murder comes with the death penalty... how is that working out as a deterrent? :cuckoo:

That depends on the state. Yet most southern states do have the death penalty, along with easy access to hand guns, and have a much higher homicide rate than the rest of the country.

The American people won't settle for nothing being done.

If you gun rights absolutists have no alternative viable plan to respond to the problem, you are asking the American people to do nothing.

They won't. They will restrict gun ownership, even if it's mostly symbolic.

Doing nothing is the only plan that is DOA.
Like I said: "Because it makes liberals feel better".

You're governed by your emotions.

FACT: Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes per year, or 6,849 per day! Often, the gun is never fired and no blood is shed, even by the criminal.

Gary Kleck, Criminologist, Florida State University

Advantage Firearms Education & Training - Home Page

Kleck's study is not fact. Several others have shown the flaws in it. If Kleck were correct, the states with the highest legal handgun ownership rates would have the lowest crime rates. To the contrary, they have the highest gun crime rates including armed robbery and homicide.

well, if certain types of weapons are available only for military use, i'm pretty sure the average person can't get one.
What the left laughably refers to as "assault weapons" are not military weapons. They're strictly for civilian use.

Issuing the military semi-automatic weapons, that can't fire full-auto or three-round burst, would be just plain stupid.

Just because a rifle is black, can accept a scope, and has a pistol grip, does not make it a scary bullet hose. It is absolutely identical in function to my little .22 Marlin with a seven-round magazine.

But I realize these facts are immaterial to the left's argument. There is no emotion in them.
and, just to point out reality, the last bunch of mass killings were carried out with legal weapons.
The weapons used at Sandy Creek were stolen. They may have been legal weapons, but they were not legal for the shooter to possess.

You're in the legal profession. Do you know how to get criminals to obey stricter gun laws?

Forum List

Back