Attention Conservatives: Risking Star Here?

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Okay, even those of us who admire and like Sarah Palin have to admit that the media is often successful (and I think intentional) in goading her to stumble verbally, and have used that to effectively discredit her and bring up her unfavorables. I think the odds are good that this 'weakness' on her part will probably keep her out of the Oval Office.

But after watching this interview, I think this young lady is brilliant, quick on her feet, secure in her grounding, and could go toe to toe with anybody:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GZKfwLW6ho"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GZKfwLW6ho[/ame]

Last edited:
Amazing that the National Barack Channel even let her face go out over their transmitters!

The only reason they would is because they thought Lauer could make her look bad or silly or a raving lunatic. NBC, CNBC, and MSNBC are all owned by General Electric who has put the affiliates under orders not to say anything really negative about the President or his policies. But that does not extend to guests that the hosts banter with.

It's sort of like Fox being editorially more on the right, but many if not most of their invited guests are people that the hosts can banter with.

All in all, I don't think Lauer succeeded in making Michelle look like a looney.

After seeing the video of the interveiw with Lauer I'm surprised that there wasnt a "power failure " at the studio.

You know, I think Michelle is probably sharp enough to demand a copy of the interveiw she gives. And if they had been stupid enough to edit her out of the day, she would simply have run it on her own website and thereby made NBC look much worse than they already do.

And at this time I admit to being torn. I have long deplored 'attack' politics and the 'politics of personal destruction' and have favored each side stating principled arguments for its positions but in a reasoned, disciplined, and civil manner. And it seems to me that those who have followed my line of thinking have been consistently clobbered and ineffective in making inroads into better government.

So.....now I'm rethinking and would appreciate some counsel here.

Are rightwingers/conservatives/Republicans or whatever too nice? Too timid? Too reluctant to call a duck a duck as Michelle Malkin did in that interview? Do we need somebody like her to come right out and say flat out what we are all thinking? Could such a person be elected?

Malkin is a retarded mouthpiece parroting extreme Republican (not conservative) viewpoints and she wouldn't know an original idea if it punched her in those buckteeth of hers. The only positive she brings to the table is that she sends liberals into absolute hysterics.

Malkin is a retarded mouthpiece parroting extreme Republican (not conservative) viewpoints and she wouldn't know an original idea if it punched her in those buckteeth of hers. The only positive she brings to the table is that she sends liberals into absolute hysterics.
You would be judgmental, wouldn't you?

Liberals just can't stand the truth!

Do we need somebody like her to come right out and say flat out what we are all thinking? Could such a person be elected?

Elected to what...president of conservative America? Didn't we just have 8 years of that? That wasn't enough?

No we didn't just have eight years of that. I think that is one of the biggest reasons that we have Barack Obma as president now. He ran right of the Republicans for two years of the campaign. Sadly it was all a lie, and he has turned out to be the most flaming liberal president we could have elected out of the pack.

President Bush was basically a good guy and if he had been a truly conservative President and/or if he had had a truly Conservative GOP Congress, it could have been very different. But alas we didn't have either.

One thing Barack Obama is demonstrating though is that radical liberalism scares the sh*t out of people and you can almost sense the groundswell of opposition to that growing as we speak.

Too many of our spokespersons though react to the hate speech and bend over backwards to appear reasonable and accommodating and as a result come across as weak in their convictions.

Michelle Malkin didn't do that. She has been preaching real conservatism for years. She said what we all have been thinking and were afraid to say for fear of being perceived as 'radical' or 'extreme'. I like it. :razz:

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm judgmental.

And I judge that you can't read very well since it is clear that I am not a liberal.

Radioman is no lib, doofus.

Interesting that you don't refute anything sha said though.:eusa_think:

She does get a little excited at times, but she calls it the way she sees it, and I can respect that. Her being right most of the time helps as well.:eusa_whistle:

Elected to what...president of conservative America? Didn't we just have 8 years of that? That wasn't enough?
No, we didn't have eight years of that.

What we had was eight more years of Bubba with much more spending and a much lower IQ.

It was Congress that increased the budgets and was Bush stupid or the people who elected him?

If President Bush had be a truly conservative President and/or if he had had a truly Conservative GOP Congress, it could have been very different. But alas we didn't have either.

Abso-freakin'-lutely

Bush was another big government liberal. Just with a different agenda is all.

Yeah, I'm judgmental.

And I judge that you can't read very well since it is clear that I am not a liberal.
Did I say you were?

No, we didn't have eight years of that.

What we had was eight more years of Bubba with much more spending and a much lower IQ.

It was Congress that increased the budgets and was Bush stupid or the people who elected him?
Right...So the republican congress spent like Kennedys on crack and the Shrubster signed the bills without batting and eye.

The people who were, and continue to be, stupid are the dupes who think there's any difference of significance between the remocrats and depublicans.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back